NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead (And Telltales TWD Game) Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well, I disagree. He was a creepy and mostly useless addition to the group. I was more broke up about losing the stupid college kid than Chuck.

... seriously?
You, of all people, preferred the useless twat directly responsible for every single death past episode three to the guy who gave you halfway decent advice and sacrificed himself to save the life of your most helpless group member? Well, actually maybe I should say second most helpless, because I don't think Ben even looked at a zombie without voiding his bowels.

It's a mocking comparison. I preferred one idiot to the other idiot. That sort of thing.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:... seriously?
You, of all people, preferred the useless twat directly responsible for every single death past episode three to the guy who gave you halfway decent advice and sacrificed himself to save the life of your most helpless group member? Well, actually maybe I should say second most helpless, because I don't think Ben even looked at a zombie without voiding his bowels.

It's a mocking comparison. I preferred one idiot to the other idiot. That sort of thing.

The problem with that is that Ben set an unapproachable standard of stupidity. Fuck, for most of the game the best contribution he could've given to the group would be keeling over, and when he finally did that he still managed to make things even worse!
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:It's a mocking comparison. I preferred one idiot to the other idiot. That sort of thing.

The problem with that is that Ben set an unapproachable standard of stupidity. Fuck, for most of the game the best contribution he could've given to the group would be keeling over, and when he finally did that he still managed to make things even worse!

I know. I played the game too, dude.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:The problem with that is that Ben set an unapproachable standard of stupidity. Fuck, for most of the game the best contribution he could've given to the group would be keeling over, and when he finally did that he still managed to make things even worse!

I know. I played the game too, dude.

I know. I just don't get how someone could prefer Ben to Chuck. But, hey, whatever floats your boat.
~~~~~~~~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I know. I played the game too, dude.

I know. I just don't get how someone could prefer Ben to Chuck. But, hey, whatever floats your boat.

*Sigh*
Does the concept of a joke not register with you? Apparently not. God.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I know. I just don't get how someone could prefer Ben to Chuck. But, hey, whatever floats your boat.

*Sigh*
Does the concept of a joke not register with you? Apparently not. God.

I didn't see anything in your post that suggested it was a joke. My bad, I guess.
~~~~~~~~

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 pm

I would prefer Chuck. I wanted to see that moment when Ben actually does something heroic, but it never came.

Even though he was dick to me throughout most of the game, I still liked Kenny more than most of the other side characters. It's probably because I set a goal to try and make that guy my best friend, since he was one of the first people I met. I didn't agree with him all of the time, but he was still a bro. Man, I hope he lived.

I hope Molly pops back up, too. She was badass.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:33 pm

New season has been pretty good so far, really enjoying it, cant wait for the next episode. Cant wait for Abraham Ford to show up as well, thats bound to be interesting.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:37 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:2 season ago, I'd be on the "Carl needs to die" side too. But he's gotten a lot better since then.

He seemed alright at the beginning of this season. Respecting his dad and such.

However, now that he has his gun back he seems to think it's the solution to EVERYTHING. Did you see where his his was when he was talking to Hershel? It was right by his GUN, just floating over it. When he was talking, to HERSHEL.

And when they were in the woods, Carl wanted to shoot the two walkers. First instinct when you see a Walker? Fine.

When Hershel points out they can't do anything, and Carl still has this dilemma? Please. If anything Hershel just saved you some ammunition.

Carl just thinks he knows what's best all the time, and he doesn't. He needs to die, because people who don't play it smart should die in a world like that.

Yeah, but did Carl not listen to Hershel? That's improvement. If Carl dies, Rick would probably go insane.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Nexeria wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:He seemed alright at the beginning of this season. Respecting his dad and such.

However, now that he has his gun back he seems to think it's the solution to EVERYTHING. Did you see where his his was when he was talking to Hershel? It was right by his GUN, just floating over it. When he was talking, to HERSHEL.

And when they were in the woods, Carl wanted to shoot the two walkers. First instinct when you see a Walker? Fine.

When Hershel points out they can't do anything, and Carl still has this dilemma? Please. If anything Hershel just saved you some ammunition.

Carl just thinks he knows what's best all the time, and he doesn't. He needs to die, because people who don't play it smart should die in a world like that.

Yeah, but did Carl not listen to Hershel? That's improvement. If Carl dies, Rick would probably go insane.

What do you mean go insane. Guy seems like he is already. He would probably go.... more insane as it were.

Oh and yeah it was an improvement, still dont like him though, he annoys me immensely.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Nexeria wrote:Yeah, but did Carl not listen to Hershel? That's improvement. If Carl dies, Rick would probably go insane.

What do you mean go insane. Guy seems like he is already. He would probably go.... more insane as it were.

Oh and yeah it was an improvement, still dont like him though, he annoys me immensely.

I think Rick is as sane as any normal person could be in the zombie apocalypse.
Last edited by Nexeria on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Nexeria wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:What do you mean go insane. Guy seems like he is already. He would probably go.... more insane as it were.

I think Rick is as sane as anyone could be in the zombie apocalypse.

Well... fair point i guess.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
However, now that he has his gun back he seems to think it's the solution to EVERYTHING.

This surprises you? Have you ever met a teenager who didn't think he knew everything. If you are a teenager, answer this question for me when you turn 25. :P

He's a...what, 12 year old kid in a world where you literally do live by the gun. OR by violence in some form. In a world where guns have been his groups method of survival against walkers and others?

The fact is that he is young and has not yet attained the level of maturity or rational thinking that Rick or Hershel, such as not realizing that he doesn't have to kill the walkers to save ammo, is troubling, but nothing any amount of training and growing up won't fix, if properly seen to by the adults.

The fact that he actually listened to Hershel should lend some credence to the fact that Carl, on some level, gets the point,

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:28 am

Transnapastain wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:
However, now that he has his gun back he seems to think it's the solution to EVERYTHING.

This surprises you? Have you ever met a teenager who didn't think he knew everything. If you are a teenager, answer this question for me when you turn 25. :P

He's a...what, 12 year old kid in a world where you literally do live by the gun. OR by violence in some form. In a world where guns have been his groups method of survival against walkers and others?

The fact is that he is young and has not yet attained the level of maturity or rational thinking that Rick or Hershel, such as not realizing that he doesn't have to kill the walkers to save ammo, is troubling, but nothing any amount of training and growing up won't fix, if properly seen to by the adults.

The fact that he actually listened to Hershel should lend some credence to the fact that Carl, on some level, gets the point,

I'm still a teenager (legally an adult but whatever). I know I don't know everything. Only an idiot does. Sure, I have moments but it's not my attitude 24/7.

Anyways, sure the gun has been a protector for Carl's group but it's been against Walkers and HOSTILE people. Carl had no reason to have his hand hovering by his gun simply because Hershel disagreed with him. This isn't a random person Carl was talking to, it was the man who saved his life!

Carl, while he DID listen to Hershel, and saw the point, STILL had an issue with it. Which also leads me to believe he may have been influenced by Shane "do whatever it takes" mindset. Somewhat disturbing if Carl believes everything can (only) be solved with a gun.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 am

The Legion of War wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

I'm still a teenager (legally an adult but whatever). I know I don't know everything. Only an idiot does. Sure, I have moments but it's not my attitude 24/7.

And surely you've met plenty of teens who do think that way?

Thanks for being the exception. :)

Anyways, sure the gun has been a protector for Carl's group but it's been against Walkers and HOSTILE people. Carl had no reason to have his hand hovering by his gun simply because Hershel disagreed with him. This isn't a random person Carl was talking to, it was the man who saved his life!

I'm going to have to rewatch the episode, because I didn't see it that way, so, I can't really counter this.

Carl, while he DID listen to Hershel, and saw the point, STILL had an issue with it. Which also leads me to believe he may have been influenced by Shane "do whatever it takes" mindset. Somewhat disturbing if Carl believes everything can (only) be solved with a gun.

He's still learning. He's a young, confuse kid in a dangerous, literally life and death world. Its not surprising he believes that violence solves all problems, since violence is mostly what he knows. If he has been influence by Shane's attitude, is he supposed to simply forget all that in the reasonably small amount of time that has lapsed? Also, if he was influenced by Shane's attitude, his hesitation and listening to Herschel, as opposed to doing whatever it was he thought needed to be done, only serve to show that he is learning a different mindset, he's learning that the application of violence is not always necessary.

Also, as a practical point, should have killed those walkers. Not necessarily shot them, but rendered them unable to be a further harm to people. What if, say next year, one of the kids goes out into the woods and dies to one of them? Could have been averted by with the simple application of a knife, or a blunt object, to the head. Getting into my opinion, any walker you can safely and practically kill, should be killed. Every walker you remove is one less danger to everyone else.

Thats not me saying Carl should have shot them. Saving ammunition by not engaging walkers not posing an intimidate threat is being practical. Thats not saying all walkers should be killed, if you needlessly endanger yourself by attempting to kill it, don't. If you fail, now you're part of the problem.

Best example I can think of is the dude from season one who they left under a tree (Did they leave him a gun, or did they try and leave him a gun?) If he didn't kill himself, the deaths of everyone he kills after turning is squarely on the people who left him there to turn.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:27 am

Transnapastain wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:

I refute that statement Tran,i am a teen (18) and i do have my moments (as does everyone) but i do not claim to know everything, i know some things which is good enough. But i will say it is more prominent amongst teens in general as i have met a lot (in comparison to other age groups) who are like that so eh.... yeah.

You are right about Carl though.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:42 am

Transnapastain wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:

I'm 16 and I know that I don't know everything because if I did, I'd be too busy inventing FTL drives and curing cancer to talk to all you losers. :p

Anyways, I haven't really watched the show in a while, but I think I agree with what you said in the second post. The problem is, that doesn't just make him a threat to people who he disagrees with, it makes him a liability. Wasting ammo and telling everything living and dead for miles around, and all that. If the group doesn't get him to start thinking about when to use what degree of force, they're going to be just as responsible as he is when he gets them all killed.
~~~~~~~~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:03 pm

"Indifference"
I do not agree with this. Rick has been playing quiet for so long, and he banishes Carol for putting two doomed people out of their misery, and possibly preventing two more Walkers. And Bob...you do NOT grab your gun and threaten the D-Man. Dumb lush.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

I refute that statement Tran,i am a teen (18) and i do have my moments (as does everyone) but i do not claim to know everything, i know some things which is good enough. But i will say it is more prominent amongst teens in general as i have met a lot (in comparison to other age groups) who are like that so eh.... yeah.

Then I guess I owe you thanks for being the exception too :P

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Indifference"
I do not agree with this. Rick has been playing quiet for so long, and he banishes Carol for putting two doomed people out of their misery, and possibly preventing two more Walkers. And Bob...you do NOT grab your gun and threaten the D-Man. Dumb lush.

He actually saved her life in a way. Tyreese would have killed her if he found out, and we don't even know how everyone else would've reacted.

And, yeah, really bad move on Bob's part.
Last edited by Nexeria on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Nexeria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:"Indifference"

He actually saved her life in a way. Tyreese would have killed her if he found out, and we don't even know how everyone else would've reacted.

That's the problem. Rick made this decision himself. The whole point of the council is to rule fairly. Instead, he takes her out alone, so no one can challenge his decision. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he felt threatened by her.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Nexeria wrote:

That's the problem. Rick made this decision himself. The whole point of the council is to rule fairly. Instead, he takes her out alone, so no one can challenge his decision. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he felt threatened by her.

He DOES. He said so himself that if, for whatever reason, it was just Carol, Rick , Carl , and Judith that survived... He wouldn't want someone with Carol's warped sense of morality near his kids. Would you?

I mean, did Carol even THINK to look for another alternative for these sick people like... finding medicine *gasp*!

Rick on the other hand showed a lot more mercy towards her by giving her the chance to live. He'd rather do that than risk Tyresse not caring what the council has to say and killing her.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:08 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

He DOES. He said so himself that if, for whatever reason, it was just Carol, Rick , Carl , and Judith that survived... He wouldn't want someone with Carol's warped sense of morality near his kids. Would you?

I mean, did Carol even THINK to look for another alternative for these sick people like... finding medicine *gasp*!

Rick on the other hand showed a lot more mercy towards her by giving her the chance to live. He'd rather do that than risk Tyresse not caring what the council has to say and killing her.

Because medicine is so easy to come by during a zombie apocalypse. I fully support what Carol did. They're dealing with an almost certainly fatal, Walker spawning flu bug, and she took the initiative.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:

Because medicine is so easy to come by during a zombie apocalypse. I fully support what Carol did. They're dealing with an almost certainly fatal, Walker spawning flu bug, and she took the initiative.

Keeping them locked up cells works just as well. If they turn (despite looking for/administering medication) the new walkers can't get out, and you can just kill them with a melee weapon to the head.

Doing whatever is "necessary" is the route Shane went. I can see why Rick is uneasy with that mentality.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:19 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

Keeping them locked up cells works just as well. If they turn (despite looking for/administering medication) the new walkers can't get out, and you can just kill them with a melee weapon to the head.

Doing whatever is "necessary" is the route Shane went. I can see why Rick is uneasy with that mentality.

Keeping them locked up like that is almost sadistic. I get it, but if I was in that situation, I'd rather be put out of my misery than die a painful, slow death, and become a Walker.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction