NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead (And Telltales TWD Game) Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:"Isolation"
Can safely say I didn't expect Carol to be the killer. I also expected them to drag it out for a long while. But nope. She coldly admits it, and goes back to her business. That's cold and awesome. I hope Glenn doesn't bite the dust from this stupid flu. And Tyrese. Goddamn, bro. He was Dead Rising slaughtering those fuckers. Badass.

When Carol told that girl that she was weak, right after her father died, something about that seemed REALLY off.

MAYBE you could have told her that a few months after her father died, if she was STILL crying about it on a regular basis, BUT not RIGHT after her father dies. Anyone would still be mourning that loss. I didn't see Carol calling Rick weak right after Lori died.

Anyways, given Carol new warped sense of morality, I had an idea it might be her. That and not a lot of people would see it coming.

And Tyrese... I think he deserved the beating he got. He punched Rick for no reason.

Rick is insane. You gotta be pretty dumb to lay hands on him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:When Carol told that girl that she was weak, right after her father died, something about that seemed REALLY off.

MAYBE you could have told her that a few months after her father died, if she was STILL crying about it on a regular basis, BUT not RIGHT after her father dies. Anyone would still be mourning that loss. I didn't see Carol calling Rick weak right after Lori died.

Anyways, given Carol new warped sense of morality, I had an idea it might be her. That and not a lot of people would see it coming.

And Tyrese... I think he deserved the beating he got. He punched Rick for no reason.

Rick is insane. You gotta be pretty dumb to lay hands on him.

...Shane got away with it, once.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Rick is insane. You gotta be pretty dumb to lay hands on him.

...Shane got away with it, once.

That was back when he still had a palpable grip on sanity. These days, what with losing Lorrie and various other sane sapping issues, he's a powderkeg. I'd almost call him Bi-Polar at this point.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:...Shane got away with it, once.

That was back when he still had a palpable grip on sanity. These days, what with losing Lorrie and various other sane sapping issues, he's a powderkeg. I'd almost call him Bi-Polar at this point.

I guess... but to be honest Rick seemed a lot more tame, and a lot less badass, at the start of this season.

He didn't even want to take out his gun with him! That's not the Rick I came to know. Rick is gun toting cowboy who does what's right and isn't afraid to fight.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:22 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That was back when he still had a palpable grip on sanity. These days, what with losing Lorrie and various other sane sapping issues, he's a powderkeg. I'd almost call him Bi-Polar at this point.

I guess... but to be honest Rick seemed a lot more tame, and a lot less badass, at the start of this season.

He didn't even want to take out his gun with him! That's not the Rick I came to know. Rick is gun toting cowboy who does what's right and isn't afraid to fight.

Oh, that Rick is still there. That beatdown he gave Tyrese proved that. He's just trying to repress it lately.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:I guess... but to be honest Rick seemed a lot more tame, and a lot less badass, at the start of this season.

Oh, that Rick is still there. That beatdown he gave Tyrese proved that. He's just trying to repress it lately.

That's insane Rick. The guy we saw after he killed Shane, lost Lori, and started to hallucinate.

I'm talking like First Season Rick, and first half of Season 2 Rick.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:41 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, that Rick is still there. That beatdown he gave Tyrese proved that. He's just trying to repress it lately.

That's insane Rick. The guy we saw after he killed Shane, lost Lori, and started to hallucinate.

I think that Rick is gone. Got beat out of him after a while.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:That's insane Rick. The guy we saw after he killed Shane, lost Lori, and started to hallucinate.

I think that Rick is gone. Got beat out of him after a while.

So do I, but I miss that Rick.

Badass but not batshit crazy.

Darryl has been filling that void in my life now though.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I think that Rick is gone. Got beat out of him after a while.

So do I, but I miss that Rick.

Daryl rules.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:So do I, but I miss that Rick.

Daryl rules.

I could see him ruling over a Nomadic group of survivors. It doesn't seem right to keep him couped up in that prison. He does go out for runs and such... so I suppose it's a safe balance between travelling and staying in safe place.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Clem confirmed playable for Season Two. Gonna preorder on Steam tonight.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Clem confirmed playable for Season Two. Gonna preorder on Steam tonight.

...Clem?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Clem confirmed playable for Season Two. Gonna preorder on Steam tonight.

...Clem?

Clementine. She's this little girl you look after in Season One. At the end of the season, everyone else in the group is either dead, a zombie, dead, dead, or dead, and she's on her own.
~~~~~~~~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...Clem?

Clementine. She's this little girl you look after in Season One. At the end of the season, everyone else in the group is either dead, a zombie, dead, dead, or dead, and she's on her own.

:palm:
How did I forget Clem was short for Clementine? Shame on me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Havenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburgh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:36 am

hey guys, who is your favorite walking dead character? mine is glen

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Havenburgh wrote:hey guys, who is your favorite walking dead character? mine is glen

Glenn is one of the most relatable characters, so I like him, too. Darryl is too popular for me mark him as my favorite. Rick is the main character, so I'm not going to count him.

Hmm...

Lee Everett :D
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Havenburgh wrote:hey guys, who is your favorite walking dead character? mine is glen

Daryl from the show.
Lee and Clementine from the game.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Maggie is pretty easy on the eyes, but that'd be a cheap reason to count her as one of my favourite. I DO like Maggie because she's independent and not a damsal in distress. What makes it better is that the show doesn't obess over it like "LOOK, INDEPENDENT WOMEN! WE SUPPORT WOMEN!".

Maggie's just another tough character that just happens to be a women.

On the other side of the spectrum I HATE Carl. Little shit needs to die.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 pm

The Legion of War wrote:

Maggie is pretty easy on the eyes, but that's be a cheap reason to count her asmy favourite. I DO like Maggie because she's independent and not a damsal in distress. What makes it better is that the show doesn't obess over it like "LOOK, INDEPENDENT WOMEN! WE SUPPORT WOMEN!".

2 season ago, I'd be on the "Carl needs to die" side too. But he's gotten a lot better since then.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:Maggie is pretty easy on the eyes, but that's be a cheap reason to count her asmy favourite. I DO like Maggie because she's independent and not a damsal in distress. What makes it better is that the show doesn't obess over it like "LOOK, INDEPENDENT WOMEN! WE SUPPORT WOMEN!".

2 season ago, I'd be on the "Carl needs to die" side too. But he's gotten a lot better since then.

He seemed alright at the beginning of this season. Respecting his dad and such.

However, now that he has his gun back he seems to think it's the solution to EVERYTHING. Did you see where his his was when he was talking to Hershel? It was right by his GUN, just floating over it. When he was talking, to HERSHEL.

And when they were in the woods, Carl wanted to shoot the two walkers. First instinct when you see a Walker? Fine.

When Hershel points out they can't do anything, and Carl still has this dilemma? Please. If anything Hershel just saved you some ammunition.

Carl just thinks he knows what's best all the time, and he doesn't. He needs to die, because people who don't play it smart should die in a world like that.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Lee, I think, with Chuck coming in as a close second. Dude was one badass motherfucker.
~~~~~~~~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

Lee, I think, with Chuck coming in as a close second. Dude was one badass motherfucker.

Chuck was an utterly forgettable Red Shirt. I wasn't even sad when I found his homeless ass eaten in the sewer.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:07 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Lee, I think, with Chuck coming in as a close second. Dude was one badass motherfucker.

Chuck was an utterly forgettable Red Shirt. I wasn't even sad when I found his homeless ass eaten in the sewer.

He saved Clem's life, and the fact that he made it to the sewer means he killed a hell of a lot of zombies, probably mostly with that shovel. In my book, that deserves respect.
~~~~~~~~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Chuck was an utterly forgettable Red Shirt. I wasn't even sad when I found his homeless ass eaten in the sewer.

He saved Clem's life, and the fact that he made it to the sewer means he killed a hell of a lot of zombies, probably mostly with that shovel. In my book, that deserves respect.

Well, I disagree. He was a creepy and mostly useless addition to the group. I was more broke up about losing the stupid college kid than Chuck.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:He saved Clem's life, and the fact that he made it to the sewer means he killed a hell of a lot of zombies, probably mostly with that shovel. In my book, that deserves respect.

Well, I disagree. He was a creepy and mostly useless addition to the group. I was more broke up about losing the stupid college kid than Chuck.

... seriously?
You, of all people, preferred the useless twat directly responsible for every single death past episode three to the guy who gave you halfway decent advice and sacrificed himself to save the life of your most helpless group member? Well, actually maybe I should say second most helpless, because I don't think Ben even looked at a zombie without voiding his bowels.
~~~~~~~~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction