NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead (And Telltales TWD Game) Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:14 pm

I can't tell you how happy I was each time a member of the governor's militia died. They killed Hershel!!!

I fucking leapt for joy when the Governor died!
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:33 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
They killed Hershel!!!

Wait, WHAT!?

I really need to get caught up on this show. I think the last episode I saw was last season's halfway finale.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:
They killed Hershel!!!

Wait, WHAT!?

I really need to get caught up on this show. I think the last episode I saw was last season's halfway finale.

Damn, you're way behind.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Wait, WHAT!?

Damn, you're way behind.

I kinda like it that way, though. I can do a big binge all at once, and discussions on the show become cryptic references, letting my mind fill in the blanks on how things got somewhere and then pulling the assumptions out from under me when I watch the episodes.
~~~~~~~~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Damn, you're way behind.

I kinda like it that way, though. I can do a big binge all at once, and discussions on the show become cryptic references, letting my mind fill in the blanks on how things got somewhere and then pulling the assumptions out from under me when I watch the episodes.

Weird. But, whatever works for you.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I kinda like it that way, though. I can do a big binge all at once, and discussions on the show become cryptic references, letting my mind fill in the blanks on how things got somewhere and then pulling the assumptions out from under me when I watch the episodes.

Weird. But, whatever works for you.

... alright, I lied, I just never got around to it.
~~~~~~~~

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Too Far Gone
A good mid-season cap off.

Peace, Herschel. (1) You lasted a lot longer than any of us expected. (2) Hell, he was still kicking after getting half-decapitated. (3) Those last 10 minutes were some epic shit, man. (4) Little kids coming in with the save, dude! (5) Capping that lesbian and redshirt dude. Daryl with the fucking basketball grenade shot. (6) And Michone shanking that one eyed motherfucker. (7) Good riddance to bad rubbish.
(8) Good shit, man.

1. Yeah he sure did. I honestly thought he might be a goner when the sickness came.
2. I know right, wtf?
3. It definitely was. I almost couldn't believe it was all actually happening, like it was some crazy dream Rick was having or something, especially when the Gov' hacked Herschel's throat.
4. Yeah that was freaking awesome. They made me proud lol.
5. You thought that too? lol. I honestly thought they we're gonna kiss or have a scene were they'd made love or something.
Tell you the truth, I wouldn't have minded :p Idk if the writers really meant to make it seem like that.
6. Heck yeah! At first, I thought Carl was gonna shoot him, but Michone got her poetic justice, instead.
7. Just when I actually thought I could like the Governor/Brian, he had to pull this shit. I thought he might of actually came around. He started to climb that mountain, but once he reached it's peak he came tumbling down like an avalanche.
That woman should of let the walkers take him :twisted:
8. Yes it was, but, honestly, they probably could of prolonged it an episode or two just so they could build up the new characters a little bit more. It kinda felt like it all happened a little too fast. Oh, yeah, almost forgot about Judith...she can't be dead right? Ain't no way... :unsure:

All in all, Walking Dead is awesomely amazing. It's almost Shakespearean in a lot of ways.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Shakespearean? Damn, you just made Robert Kirkman's year.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Vhalnhar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:
Too Far Gone
A good mid-season cap off.

Peace, Herschel. (1) You lasted a lot longer than any of us expected. (2) Hell, he was still kicking after getting half-decapitated. (3) Those last 10 minutes were some epic shit, man. (4) Little kids coming in with the save, dude! (5) Capping that lesbian and redshirt dude. Daryl with the fucking basketball grenade shot. (6) And Michone shanking that one eyed motherfucker. (7) Good riddance to bad rubbish.
(8) Good shit, man.

1. Yeah he sure did. I honestly thought he might be a goner when the sickness came.
2. I know right, wtf?
3. It definitely was. I almost couldn't believe it was all actually happening, like it was some crazy dream Rick was having or something, especially when the Gov' hacked Herschel's throat.
5. You thought that too? lol. I honestly thought they we're gonna kiss or have a scene were they'd made love or something.
Tell you the truth, I wouldn't have minded :p Idk if the writers really meant to make it seem like that.
6. Heck yeah! At first, I thought Carl was gonna shoot him, but Michone got her poetic justice, instead.
7. Just when I actually thought I could like the Governor/Brian, he had to pull this shit. I thought he might of actually came around. He started to climb that mountain, but once he reached it's peak he came tumbling down like an avalanche.
8. Yes it was, but, honestly, they probably could of prolonged it an episode or two just so they could build up the new characters a little bit more. It kinda felt like it all happened a little too fast. Oh, yeah, almost forgot about Judith...she can't be dead right? Ain't no way... :unsure:

All in all, Walking Dead is awesomely amazing. It's almost Shakespearean in a lot of ways.

Everyone in these thread is being polite and using the spoiler thing, to avoid you know... spoiling anything for people.

And then there's you. Not mad or anything, but maybe you should use the spoiler thing, so if it's spoiled for others, it's there own fault for looking where it says SPOILER.

Speaking of the episode, I was a little sad that Megan died... but I suppose that's karma for what the Governor did.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:47 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Vhalnhar wrote:
2. I know right, wtf?

Everyone in these thread is being polite and using the spoiler thing, to avoid you know... spoiling anything for people.

And then there's you. Not mad or anything, but maybe you should use the spoiler thing, so if it's spoiled for others, it's there own fault for looking where it says SPOILER.

Speaking of the episode, I was a little sad that Megan died... but I suppose that's karma for what the Governor did.

Nah no real point in spoilers, that's like being mad at the host & guests on Talking Dead for not saying "spoiler alert" when they talk about the show. If you don't want to know about the things you haven't seen yet, then don't read a thread where they are talking about it. It's common sense really.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm

As thread OP, I kinda operate under the 24-hour spoiler rule. 24 hours pass, and you can talk about whatever you want without spoiler tags.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:As thread OP, I kinda operate under the 24-hour spoiler rule. 24 hours pass, and you can talk about whatever you want without spoiler tags.

And I will respect that, but honestly the best thing to do would be to change the thread title to
"The Walking Dead Thread (SPOILER ALERT)" or "Talking Dead (SPOILER ALERT)" just as an ultimate deterrent.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:As thread OP, I kinda operate under the 24-hour spoiler rule. 24 hours pass, and you can talk about whatever you want without spoiler tags.

I would also appreciate if you would place the "spoiler alert" in the thread title.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

I would also appreciate if you would place the "spoiler alert" in the thread title.

Fine. Gonna spoil the rhyme though.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Fine. Gonna spoil the rhyme though.

Yeah lol, honestly you really shouldn't need to put spoilers in the title cuz, like I said, it should be common sense to not read a thread that would tell you something you don't want to know. But, orders are orders I suppose. Don't wanna be court-martialed do ya? :p

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Anyways, to put us back on topic here,
what do you think is gonna happen next? Where will they go? Who's the new antagonist going to be? Ahg, so many questions...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Vhalnhar wrote:Anyways, to put us back on topic here,
what do you think is gonna happen next? Where will they go? Who's the new antagonist going to be? Ahg, so many questions...

I have no effing clue.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:39 pm

I really don't think he's dead. I mean, he got run through, and then it appears he was shot in the head, but, we all know the rules, no body, no confirmation. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the next episode, it shows it from her POV, shes shooting zombies, or even shot herself.

He DID go out ironically, but he didn't go out properly for an antagonist of his importance, so I'm not connived w'eve seen the last of him

Then again, he did get run through and possibly shot. If he's dead, fine by me
Last edited by Transnapastain on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

I really don't think he's dead. I mean, he got run through, and then it appears he was shot in the head, but, we all know the rules, no body, no confirmation. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the next episode, it shows it from her POV, shes shooting zombies, or even shot herself.

Even if he did somehow survive getting run through and shot, he was surrounded by Walkers and barely able to move. I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Even if he did somehow survive getting run through and shot, he was surrounded by Walkers and barely able to move. I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of him.

He's a main character, such minor inconveniences do not effect him. :P There didn't appear to be walkers in his vicinity, given she didn't appear to nervous and was taking her sweet frickin time shooting him. I think the fact that Michonne failed to finish him is proof enough that he'll be back with a vengeance. The only thing making me doubt it is the irony in him being finished off by the ones he swore to protect.

No, I'm afraid I do not agree. He's not done. I guess we'll see.

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

I have no effing clue.

Same here.
It will be interesting to see how they patch things together, assuming they're allowed to. I really don't know where this story is going anymore. Shit just keeps happening. Hell, for the first time I really feel like any of the main characters can die. I mean for fucks sake, Hershel? Beheaded? Damn. For a moment, after seeing what happened to Hershel, I thought "Hell, maybe he will choke Rick to death". I really feel like NO one is safe anymore.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Vhalnhar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I have no effing clue.

Same here.
It will be interesting to see how they patch things together, assuming they're allowed to. I really don't know where this story is going anymore. Shit just keeps happening. Hell, for the first time I really feel like any of the main characters can die. I mean for fucks sake, Hershel? Beheaded? Damn. For a moment, after seeing what happened to Hershel, I thought "Hell, maybe he will choke Rick to death". I really feel like NO one is safe anymore.

I thought Rick was done for too. I mean, he got his ass beat down and he was about 2 seconds from cashing his check before Michone stepped in. Glenn spent the whole first half of the season near death, so I think he'll be fine. I'd put my money on Maggie or her sister biting the bullet next.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Vhalnhar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I have no effing clue.

Same here.
For a moment, after seeing what happened to Hershel, I thought "Hell, maybe he will choke Rick to death". I really feel like NO one is safe anymore.

I had that same thought!

Vhalnhar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vhalnhar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Vhalnhar wrote:
Same here.

I thought Rick was done for too. I mean, he got his ass beat down and he was about 2 seconds from cashing his check before Michone stepped in. Glenn spent the whole first half of the season near death, so I think he'll be fine. I'd put my money on Maggie or her sister biting the bullet next.

I hope not, but who knows anymore. They really ended it with an open canvas. Anybody's assumptions could be right at this point.
I think what really grinds my gears about Hershel's death is the meaningless of it. I would of rather him of died fighting the sickness. But I guess his, Gov's pseudo-new-daughter, & all the other seemingly random deaths just add to the overall theme of a zombie apocalypse, which is chaos.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Vhalnhar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

I hope not, but who knows anymore. They really ended it with an open canvas. Anybody's assumptions could be right at this point.
I think what really grinds my gears about Hershel's death is the meaningless of it. I would of rather him of died fighting the sickness. But I guess his, Gov's pseudo-new-daughter, & all the other seemingly random deaths just add to the overall theme of a zombie apocalypse, which is chaos.

Well, that's just how it works sometimes. Some people get those big, dramatic, meaningful deaths. Other people get randomly shot in the head or decapitated.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction