NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Auto 5

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Got GTA5?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 1284

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Mushet wrote:I could never make it through the dam playlist, something always happens.

Weird. My first try with it I made it through with no problems.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Had two fighters after me just now while I was in the Besra. Neither one of them even managed to touch me. :lol2:

Nice :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Corrian wrote:
Mushet wrote:I could never make it through the dam playlist, something always happens.

Weird. My first try with it I made it through with no problems.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Had two fighters after me just now while I was in the Besra. Neither one of them even managed to touch me. :lol2:

Nice :P

First time the first person I played with left after the first job, another came but he quit after the first round of the 2nd job kicking me out since there wasn't enough players.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:50 pm

I need to test the bluetooth or whatever the hell headset I have with one of you at some point. Not sure I understand how it works. And the chord isn't long enough anyway, so it isn't exactly practical for use at the moment. But I can still test.
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:20 pm

If i have a two car garage and buy a ten should the cars in the two car one move over to the ten ?
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Imperial isa wrote:If i have a two car garage and buy a ten should the cars in the two car one move over to the ten ?

I think you have to drive them there yourself, but yeah. Though I've decided to sort mine. Luxury/sports/super cars in my 10-car garage, and trucks/muscle cars/other dinky things in the other.
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Corrian wrote:
Imperial isa wrote:If i have a two car garage and buy a ten should the cars in the two car one move over to the ten ?

I think you have to drive them there yourself, but yeah. Though I've decided to sort mine. Luxury/sports/super cars in my 10-car garage, and trucks/muscle cars/other dinky things in the other.

Wouldn't they be missing when you buy the ten if they don't move to the free spots i have in my home garage ?

I so don't want to loss my Roosevelt

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
Corrian wrote:I think you have to drive them there yourself, but yeah. Though I've decided to sort mine. Luxury/sports/super cars in my 10-car garage, and trucks/muscle cars/other dinky things in the other.

Wouldn't they be missing when you buy the ten if they don't move to the free spots i have in my home garage ?

I so don't want to loss my Roosevelt

Wait, are you buying another property, or swapping one? Because swapping one sends the cars to the other garage, if you have them all next to each other in the garage anyway. But upgrading to a ten, it shouldn't matter. I had all my 6 cars transfer fine to my 6-car garage I moved into in my little house after deciding "Screw it" to my original apartment area. Now I have both that house AND an apartment, but yeah.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Corrian wrote:Wait, are you buying another property, or swapping one? Because swapping one sends the cars to the other garage, if you have them all next to each other in the garage anyway. But upgrading to a ten, it shouldn't matter. I had all my 6 cars transfer fine to my 6-car garage I moved into in my little house after deciding "Screw it" to my original apartment area. Now I have both that house AND an apartment, but yeah.

I only still have an apartment cause I have a lot of cars. I mostly use it as storage since I bought my little dream shack in the desert.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 pm

If you're selling the garage they're currently in, yes, they should switch over.
Just sell it in the process if buying the new one (where it forces you to sell one of your properties), as opposed to selling your garage first, then going through the process of buying a new one.

EDIT: also, they added a thing where you could call the cars that you have "in storage" (don't have the garage space for). So if for some reason you lost your cars, you should still be able to call them.
But yeah, none of that should really be a problem.
Last edited by Ancient Magmia on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Took the Miljet for a spin earlier today offline. Hit a bird.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 pm

thanks all

Wisconsin9 wrote:Took the Miljet for a spin earlier today offline. Hit a bird.

did you crash ?

------

Used the gta creator to test the tank i know it has been nerfed but it felt unfun to use.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Imperial isa wrote:thanks all

Wisconsin9 wrote:Took the Miljet for a spin earlier today offline. Hit a bird.

did you crash ?

------

Used the gta creator to test the tank i know it has been nerfed but it felt unfun to use.

Nope, no crash.
~~~~~~~~

Old Vester
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Finally realized I unlocked the turbo upgrade a while ago.
Now all my cars are super cars.
Except my Rebel.........I need more engine upgrades.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys".-Andrew Ryan
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".-George Carlin.
"I want you to kill yourself. I will buy and send you rope". -EmpireErwinRommel
Billy Mays of F7. Current balance in F7CF $104,952.I'm the richest one!!
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
Coccygia wrote:Is the unsung original creator of Angry Birds.
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:36 pm

Old Vester wrote:Finally realized I unlocked the turbo upgrade a while ago.

I hate the noise the turbo makes.
~~~~~~~~

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:42 pm

That reminds me, I have a question for you guys: if a car is upgraded to max acceleration with turbo + transmission or engine upgrades/vice versa, and there are still upgrades left, does adding them do anything?
I would assume they don't, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Turbo makes different noises? I love how they acknowledge that.

Wonder what car I should make have annoying turbo sounds :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Corrian wrote:Turbo makes different noises? I love how they acknowledge that.

A truck. People get so pissed when a big ol' truck is faster than their little Euro sports cars.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Rustantinople
Attaché

Founded: Dec 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rustantinople » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:53 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Corrian wrote:Turbo makes different noises? I love how they acknowledge that.

A truck. People get so pissed when a big ol' truck is faster than their little Euro sports cars.

Especially when your big ol' truck is mounting one of their little Euro sports cars.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
-Mark Twain

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 am

Ancient Magmia wrote:

That reminds me, I have a question for you guys: if a car is upgraded to max acceleration with turbo + transmission or engine upgrades/vice versa, and there are still upgrades left, does adding them do anything?

Nope.
Which is why R* messed up by making Turbo unlock before the last 2 acceleration upgrades. Nearly every vehicle in the game will have nearly all, if not max acceleration after the upgrade.
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:54 pm

I read that there a level reset bug going on, any one else hear about it ?

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Well, with that news, I'm glad I'm on a Mass Effect binge. All those hours of grind for nothing. Not even bothering to log in and check.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

Mushet
Post Marshal

Postby Mushet » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Old Vester wrote:
Ancient Magmia wrote:That reminds me, I have a question for you guys: if a car is upgraded to max acceleration with turbo + transmission or engine upgrades/vice versa, and there are still upgrades left, does adding them do anything?

Nope.
Which is why R* messed up by making Turbo unlock before the last 2 acceleration upgrades. Nearly every vehicle in the game will have nearly all, if not max acceleration after the upgrade.

Yup.

What's the big difference between speed and acceleration in the context of cars in video games? I remember the physics definition but I'm not clear on how it translates in this.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:08 pm

Mushet wrote:
Old Vester wrote:Nope.

Yup.

What's the big difference between speed and acceleration in the context of cars in video games? I remember the physics definition but I'm not clear on how it translates in this.

Acceleration: How fast a car can gain speed. Like how on Legendary Motorsports, it'll say in how many seconds the car can reach 60mph. The more acceleration the car has, the faster it can reach its top speed.
Speed: Essentially, how fast the car can go.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Postby Mushet » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Old Vester wrote:
Mushet wrote:Yup.

Acceleration: How fast a car can gain speed. Like how on Legendary Motorsports, it'll say in how many seconds the car can reach 60mph. The more acceleration the car has, the faster it can reach its top speed.

That's it? It'd be nice if you can actually make vehicles go faster.

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Mushet wrote:
Old Vester wrote:Acceleration: How fast a car can gain speed. Like how on Legendary Motorsports, it'll say in how many seconds the car can reach 60mph. The more acceleration the car has, the faster it can reach its top speed.

That's it? It'd be nice if you can actually make vehicles go faster.

The problem is, both the engine upgrades and the transmission upgrades only add acceleration.
That's why people usually just buy the fastest vehicle they can get and max its acceleration.

By the way, you think they'll do something cool for Halloween?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction