NATION

PASSWORD

STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS SEASON 5

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Azrael wrote:
EVIL GOD OF DEATH wrote: true true although it was a spark of elightment of maul fans :)

I think that's the only reason anyone has ever brought him back. He was a cool character without much background, so of course people would want to flesh him out more, for better of for worse.

That's what made him badass in Episode One though. He's wasn't an emotional whiny kid like Anakin and killed Liam Neeson. That takes skill.
And they fucked up with the violence as well. Hey, somebody actually loses a limb ON SCREEN. And yet it's red muscle and not burnt flesh. Really? I'm glad they finally realized that their audience isn't a bunch of sensitive sheltered young toddlers, but really?
I'm still waiting for that gritty live action Star Wars show about the criminal underworld. Also hoping they don't butcher characters like the Clone Wars does (the only ones who've survived are Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, and Obi-Wan, partially.) and doesn't introduce horrid shit from the start like Ahsoka.
Seriously. That was worse than Jar Jar. I can deal with Jar Jar as a racist stereotype and being fairly retarded, but at least he doesn't get as much screen-time as Ahsoka. It'd be nice if they expanded into the controversy of the Jedi using a slave army, and being just as murky as the sith. Or anything really. It'd be nice if it just had more maturity than either LOLFORCESTUFF or LOLBATTLES.

The only episode I really liked was the Hostage Crisis. Cad Bane injects hope by not being a pushover like how they've turned Boba Fett into or Bossk into wimpier versions.
Really, the Clone Wars has just been disappointing. The old cartoon was far better at at least displaying good action without murdering already kinda bad characters.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Previous

Return to Arts & Fiction