NATION

PASSWORD

How much has your taste in music changed?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Lincoltshire wrote:Many of these examples (as in, the ones I've heard before) are about gang violence.

N.W.A were gangsta rap and that means absolutely nothing because they were a fantastic group of artists who made fantastic music.
Last edited by Oterro on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Zaras
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Lincoltshire wrote:
Zaras wrote:
Okay, shut up and go listen to Public Enemy right now.

RIGHT NOW.

CURE YOUR IGNORANCE IMMEDIATELY.

Then Paris, X-Clan, Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang Clan, De La Soul, NWA, Ice Cube, Ice-T, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Tupac's first album.

Then try to tell me rap is all about fucking bitches and getting high.

TRY telling me that "Fight the Power", "Night of the Living Baseheads", "911 Is a Joke", "Dead Homiez", "Straight Outta Compton", "Fuck da Police", "Say No Go", "Ghetto Thang", "High Plains Drifter", "A Year and a Day", "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)" and countless are other songs are only about "sex, drugs and women".

Many of these examples (as in, the ones I've heard before) are about gang violence.

Which ones?

"Fight the Power" is about fighting the power.
"Night of the Living Baseheads" and "Say No Go" are about how Drugs Are Bad.
"911 Is a Joke" is about racist ambulances.
"Dead Homiez" is about how families are affected by gang violence.
"Straight Outta Compton" and "Ghetto Thang" are largely about how the inner city sucks.
"Fuck da Police" and "Sound of tha Police" are about police brutality. (DAMN, I forgot KRS-One?! The man even put out an album called Edutainment! And a song called "You Must Learn"!)
"High Plains Drifter" is an intentionally comically exaggerated tale of violence (I mean, it's named after a movie!)
"A Year and a Day" is about personal growth.
"They Reminisce Over You" is about coping with someone's death.
"Brenda's Got a Baby" is about teenage pregnancy in the inner city.

But, damn, massive oversight to correct! Listen to everything Boogie Down Productions made starting with By All Means Necessary, and KRS-One solo. KRS is all about not being about sex and drugs and rock'n'roll bitches, drugs and hip-hop.
Last edited by Zaras on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bythyrona wrote:
Zaras wrote:Democratic People's Republic of Glorious Misty Mountain Hop.
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Best post I've seen on NS since I've been here. :clap:
Factbook
RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5
ADS, UDL, GFN member
Political compass (old), Political compass (new)
Bottle, telling it like it is.
Risottia, on lolbertarianism.

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Oterro wrote:
Lincoltshire wrote:Many of these examples (as in, the ones I've heard before) are about gang violence.

N.W.A were gangsta rap and that means absolutely nothing because they were a fantastic group of artists who made fantastic music.

Specifically, when Ice Cube was around, they were Type 1. Unfortunately, Cube seems to have taken all that Type 1 when he left, but at least he put it on AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Death Certificate and The Predator instead.
Bythyrona wrote:
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:Personally I hate pop music because it has little to no artistic depth it sounds nice but that's it it has little to know story and in Rap particular case it just sounds like they are bragging about stuff. So maybe I am an asshole, I dont mind I get that a lot. I want something that when i listen there is actually a story, you cant do that in just 2 minutes. It doesn't even have to have lyrics I want It to tell me a story and have meaning to me, I want to hear the emotion coursing through their voice, modern music has little to no emotion just auto tune and stuff no depth. Also to elaborate on the point of meaning something to me, all rap talks about are sex, drugs, and women those things have little to no importance to me their about as important as a grain of sand for me, I want something that I can relate to. Also I hate dancing and such so those dance songs are completely useless for me.

Most pop, maybe, at least the popular stuff. But not all pop for sure. This and this both are considered a type of pop, and I would consider it having artistic depth and meaningful lyrics. There is definitely the shit auto-tuned pop that's pretty much just whining.

I'm not a huge fan of rap either, but there's definitely the better stuff out there that has more meaning then 'sex, drugs, and women', which as been mentioned already.

And about modern music having little no emotion, and is all auto-tuned, that is a big generalization of the millions of artists out there. I consider this to have meaningful lyrics, and there's a lot of instrumental music I know that has a very meaningful and powerful sound to it. And I have a lot more modern music like that where that comes from.

I'm sorry if we are all getting on your case, but if there's one thing that irk's me, it's people generalizing all modern music as bad.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Corrian wrote:I'm sorry if we are all getting on your case, but if there's one thing that irk's me, it's people generalizing all modern music as bad.

At least you can stop yourself from going into foaming RAEGrants, unlike me. :)
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Zaras wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:all rap talks about are sex, drugs, and women those things have little to no importance to me their about as important as a grain of sand for me.

Okay, shut up and go listen to Public Enemy right now.

RIGHT NOW.

CURE YOUR IGNORANCE IMMEDIATELY.

Then Paris, X-Clan, Beastie Boys, De La Soul, Wu-Tang Clan, NWA, Ice Cube, Ice-T, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Tupac's first album.

Then try to tell me rap is all about fucking bitches and getting high.

TRY telling me that "Fight the Power", "Night of the Living Baseheads", "911 Is a Joke", "Dead Homiez", "Straight Outta Compton", "Fuck da Police", "Say No Go", "Ghetto Thang", "High Plains Drifter", "A Year and a Day", "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)", "Brenda's Got a Baby" and countless are other songs are only about "sex, drugs and women".

The title of the last example is a bad choice. To have a baby sex is almost certainly involved, the same for some sort of drug and a woman is required. The fifth title is also a bad choice whatever the actual content of the song.

Corrian wrote:
Britannic Realms wrote:I started out only liking classical music but then I just kept pilling other genres on top, but then I only listen to certain bands. Basically I used to like classical music, but now I like bands like ABBA, Queen, the Beatles, A-ha, Eurythmics. I like people like Paul McCartney and David Bowie.

So now you like Classic Rock :P

I actually have no idea what A-ha and Erythymics is.

They're both New Wave. I'm pretty sure A-ha's best known song is called Take on Me.

Zaras wrote:
Lincoltshire wrote:
Many of these examples (as in, the ones I've heard before) are about gang violence.

Which ones?

"Fight the Power" is about fighting the power.
"Night of the Living Baseheads" and "Say No Go" are about how Drugs Are Bad.
"911 Is a Joke" is about racist ambulances.
"Dead Homiez" is about how families are affected by gang violence.
"Straight Outta Compton" and "Ghetto Thang" are largely about how the inner city sucks.
"Fuck da Police" and "Sound of tha Police" are about police brutality. (DAMN, I forgot KRS-One?! The man even put out an album called Edutainment! And a song called "You Must Learn"!)
"High Plains Drifter" is an intentionally comically exaggerated tale of violence (I mean, it's named after a movie!)
"A Year and a Day" is about personal growth.
"They Reminisce Over You" is about coping with someone's death.
"Brenda's Got a Baby" is about teenage pregnancy in the inner city.

But, damn, massive oversight to correct! Listen to everything Boogie Down Productions made starting with By All Means Necessary, and KRS-One solo. KRS is all about not being about sex and drugs and rock'n'roll bitches, drugs and hip-hop.

You were trying to list examples that avoid drugs and use two that are about them? Admittedly no the usual side.

That Eminem song about that fan who crashes his car would be better. Funnil;y enough I encountered that the same way I came acorss Take on Me or Walkie-Talkie Man... UChoose40.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

RumasaLand
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby RumasaLand » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:51 am

I dont like listening to songs that have lyrics really all i like are soundtrack songs and instrumentals(especially jazz ones), I like them when they are very long to me they feel like a story of sorts one that you have to use your imagination to create, kinda like those old "create you own adventure" books. I dont want the guy to tell me what its about I want my mind to do that so that means lyrics would not be good for that.

examples

MOTHER 3 + : Bon Voyage Amigo(one of my personal favorites, it brings tears to my eyes the beauty of it goes to my heart because it reminds me and brings back memories. Its kinda like a good bye song to good times and that may we meet again in the end.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI0_SHpO-nU&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

Howl's Moving Castle Main Theme(Nice and Positive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owddukdxFv4&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

Classic VGM 278: Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad (Full Song)(nice long and a little random, plenty of time to develop a story in the head)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

Ace Combat: Joint Assault OST - Sulejmani(the emotion that courses through me when i hear this, Mere words cant explain)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbI-0Udwhio&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5&index=27&feature=plpp_video

Zelda: Majora's Mask - Song of Healing Orchestral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIiWGZ7wTK0&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:03 am

RumasaLand wrote:I dont like listening to songs that have lyrics really all i like are soundtrack songs and instrumentals(especially jazz ones), I like them when they are very long to me they feel like a story of sorts one that you have to use your imagination to create, kinda like those old "create you own adventure" books. I dont want the guy to tell me what its about I want my mind to do that so that means lyrics would not be good for that.

examples

MOTHER 3 + : Bon Voyage Amigo(one of my personal favorites, it brings tears to my eyes the beauty of it goes to my heart because it reminds me and brings back memories. Its kinda like a good bye song to good times and that may we meet again in the end.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI0_SHpO-nU&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

Howl's Moving Castle Main Theme(Nice and Positive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owddukdxFv4&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

Classic VGM 278: Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad (Full Song)(nice long and a little random, plenty of time to develop a story in the head)

Ace Combat: Joint Assault OST - Sulejmani(the emotion that courses through me when i hear this, Mere words cant explain)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbI-0Udwhio&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5&index=27&feature=plpp_video

Zelda: Majora's Mask - Song of Healing Orchestral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIiWGZ7wTK0&feature=BFa&list=PLED9BAC36B05551F5

RumasaLand wrote:Classic VGM 278: Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad (Full Song)(nice long and a little random, plenty of time to develop a story in the head)

"Dancing Mad" is a good Final fantasy song but Kefka's Theme to me was better combine that song with such a great character and you have a match made in heaven, also good taste in music good sir hurrah

Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:29 am

Forsher wrote:That Eminem song about that fan who crashes his car would be better. Funnil;y enough I encountered that the same way I came acorss Take on Me or Walkie-Talkie Man... UChoose40.

It's weird, that was the first rap song I ever heard as well.
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

Kazarogkai wrote:Personally I hate pop music because it has little to no artistic depth it sounds nice but that's it it has little to know story

Idgi. If I want a story, I'll read a book, or a forum that has stories. If I want something that sounds nice, I'll listen to music.

Edit: Rap doesn't sound nice though.

Double edit: That's a generalisation. I don't mean that all rap sounds bad, but as a genre I don't like it.
Last edited by Person012345 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 am

Forsher wrote:The title of the last example is a bad choice. To have a baby sex is almost certainly involved, the same for some sort of drug and a woman is required. The fifth title is also a bad choice whatever the actual content of the song.
I'm still unsure as to why it's bad to write music about corporeal matters.
Person012345 wrote:Double edit: That's a generalisation. I don't mean that all rap sounds bad, but as a genre I don't like it.

i dont like you :-'(
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 pm

My parents brought me up with the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Carley Simon, etc...I went through a disco faze in Jr. Highschool...Then I got a clock radio with FM, and the rest is Classic Rock history...Until, I saw my first Grateful Dead show, now I enjoy Jam bands and Classic Rock almost exclusively (but I am still open to most other styles especially Jazz)

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Zaras wrote:
Forsher wrote:That Eminem song about that fan who crashes his car would be better. Funnil;y enough I encountered that the same way I came acorss Take on Me or Walkie-Talkie Man... UChoose40.

So many typos... hmm. I think it's called Stan?

Oterro wrote:
Forsher wrote:The title of the last example is a bad choice. To have a baby sex is almost certainly involved, the same for some sort of drug and a woman is required. The fifth title is also a bad choice whatever the actual content of the song.
I'm still unsure as to why it's bad to write music about corporeal matters.

It's how they're written and the message they send. That's why I had to be needlessly pedantic with those examinations of the titles, I'm pretty sure Zaras chose "songs" with messages contrary to expectations.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 am

Forsher wrote:
Zaras wrote:

Yeah.

Oterro wrote:I'm still unsure as to why it's bad to write music about corporeal matters.

It's how they're written and the message they send. That's why I had to be needlessly pedantic with those examinations of the titles, I'm pretty sure Zaras chose "songs" with messages contrary to expectations.

My first thought was to make the list 100% political rap, but then I realised I should probably broaden it a bit.
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:20 am

Zaras wrote:
Forsher wrote:

Yeah.

My first thought was to make the list 100% political rap, but then I realised I should probably broaden it a bit.

Most songs are about things that happen. Take Sunny Afternoon for example. "The taxman's taken everything I've got." He's reduced to drinking beer on a sunny afternoon and his girlfriends's telling her parents in what I see as an act of dishonet about his "drunkeness and cruelty."

24 Hours from Tulsa, which is even older, is about a man who met a girl at a cafe and won't be going back to Tulsa anymore. The Night has a Thousand Eyes is about cheating...

The complaints about rap, which you must remember I hate, that start with sex, drugs and women are about when it glorifies such things. It all comes down to the sentiments of each individual piece.

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:24 am

Forsher wrote:The complaints about rap, which you must remember I hate, that start with sex, drugs and women are about when it glorifies such things. It all comes down to the sentiments of each individual piece.

That's the fault of the Misaimed Fandom that grew around gangsta rap, and missed its social commentary in favour of its glorification. (Hi, Dr. Dre.) I doubt songs like "I'm Your Pusher" and basically everything Ice-T wrote up until 1992 glorify drugs.

Plus, there's plenty of fucking rock songs that glorify sex, drugs and women. Why don't people complain about those instead of rap?
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:36 am

Zaras wrote:
Forsher wrote:The complaints about rap, which you must remember I hate, that start with sex, drugs and women are about when it glorifies such things. It all comes down to the sentiments of each individual piece.

That's the fault of the Misaimed Fandom that grew around gangsta rap, and missed its social commentary in favour of its glorification. (Hi, Dr. Dre.) I doubt songs like "I'm Your Pusher" and basically everything Ice-T wrote up until 1992 glorify drugs.

Plus, there's plenty of fucking rock songs that glorify sex, drugs and women. Why don't people complain about those instead of rap?

I believe rap's original fans would prefer it return to a level of popularity where it's pretty much restricted to the likes of them.

Rock's notorious for complaints. It just so happens that they tend to be overshadowed by rap/hip-hop complaints these days or general "modern music is rubbish". This happens because of the difference between singing and rapping and the nature of the music in relation to the lyrics/lines.

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 am

Forsher wrote:
Zaras wrote:

I believe rap's original fans would prefer it return to a level of popularity where it's pretty much restricted to the likes of them.

Not new: Ice Cube was saying that as far back as 1991, followed by A Tribe Called Quest, Common in 1994, De La Soul in 1996...

And really, considering how hip-hop's been exploited and flanderised, they have a point.
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:48 am

Zaras wrote:
Forsher wrote:

Not new: Ice Cube was saying that as far back as 1991, followed by A Tribe Called Quest, Common in 1994, De La Soul in 1996...

And really, considering how hip-hop's been exploited and flanderised, they have a point.

I'd rather it returned as well... obviously for a different reason.

Yo, home to Bel-air.

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 am

Forsher wrote:
Zaras wrote:

I'd rather it returned as well... obviously for a different reason.

Yo, home to Bel-air.

I want that piece of shit Grand Upright lawsuit to be nullified, so we can get more Paul's Boutique, Fear of a Black Planet and 3 Feet High and Rising albums.
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:17 am

Forsher wrote:It's how they're written and the message they send. That's why I had to be needlessly pedantic with those examinations of the titles, I'm pretty sure Zaras chose "songs" with messages contrary to expectations.

I dunno how anyone writes about crack dealers and spins it off as being good. You'd have to be a genius to do that. Or you fans would have to be idiots to interpret it that way.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm

It's progressed more than it changed. The only things I really 'reject' from my past is 80s fusion jazz.

Initially I didn't like free or progressive jazz, but I came to understand it. Working at a record store opened up a lot of music that I hadn't considered before, as did majoring in music for the time that I did.

But the funk and early rap that I liked when I was a kid I still like. Well, some of the early rap didn't age well, but some of it did.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 pm

There's a lot of modern, mainstream 'butt-rock' that seems to be solely about strippers, and I want to just face palm. But a lot of mainstream rock sucks anyway, because I hear pretty much nothing new and exciting about it. Same with rap, pop, and so on. Hell, I heard a new P!nk song on a Spotify advertisement, and thought it sounded almost exactly like old P!nk.....but it gets popular anyway.

Also, it's apparently cool to add a ! in place of an I
My Last.FM and RYM

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Zaras wrote:

Well, they did. Before rap and 2 Live Crew they were dragging Frank Zappa before congress to answer for the sins of rock and roll (well, he didn't have to be dragged, but the situation was dire enough that Frank Zappa had to address congress about it).

Jim Morrison was arrested for indecency. I mean, we can find dozens of instances of challenges to rock and roll and the 'decency' of the youth of America.

Even after rap took the top slot as 'destroyer of youth' there were still rock acts that take the blame for social ills, such as Marilyn Manson or Insane Clown Posse (both acts I completely dislike, but just because I do not find their music pleasant, not because they corrupt youth).
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Fucking magnets, man...

That song was terrible.

And the only song I know of them....

Apparently the FBI has labeled the fans of Insane Clown Posse as a gang....
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction