NATION

PASSWORD

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Sun May 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Btw, forgot to thank everyone here for helping make me a brony :D I've been running around ponychan like mad, pony image folder up to 180+ in 3 days.
(Picture related, as part of the general Rarity love going on here)
Because in this picture, her sewing machine really looks like a cannon.
The most inept invader in Nationstates!

Economic issues: +5.3 left
Social issues: +2.63 libertarian
Foreign policy: +7.28 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +7.23 liberal
New Freedomstan wrote:What is a little purging and gulag between friends?
They said I could do anything I wanted to do, so I argue with strangers on the internet.
Ceannairceach wrote:I am looking for a girl with >5% genetic relation to me. Must be dtf, blond, big butt.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sun May 08, 2011 8:17 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/goldenrusset
Good news about the second season, nothing's changing, thankfully.

EDIT: http://kreoss.deviantart.com/journal/40422730/#comments <moar
Last edited by North Wiedna on Sun May 08, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Good news about the second season, nothing's changing, thankfully.

[gossipmonger] And I've heard that they have four or six or so episodes for season 2 done/written or something like that. I see no reason that everypony should panic.

Also, there's a thread talking about how Lauren Faust may be pregnant, which she apparently posted in. [/gossipmonger]
Last edited by The Holy Twig on Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

They said I could do anything I wanted to do, so I argue with strangers on the internet.
Ceannairceach wrote:I am looking for a girl with >5% genetic relation to me. Must be dtf, blond, big butt.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Mon May 09, 2011 7:03 am

I have to admit, one of my favourite thing so far have been the cosplayers.

DERPY!!! :D

Btw, have ya'll seen the video game redubs? Like Space Marene, Ponycraft 2, etc. ?
Last edited by Lubyak on Mon May 09, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 am

Lubyak wrote:Btw, have ya'll seen the video game redubs? Like Space Marene, Ponycraft 2, etc. ?
Most are pretty poor, tbh. Elder Scrolls: Equestria & Pinky & the Brain were two of rather few that stood out as being actually brilliant.

For the most part, male voices on female ponies grate :/

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Mon May 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Anyone/Everyone seen "My Little Pony: Abridged" yet? Apparently the first episode is out despite voice auditions still happening.

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Mon May 09, 2011 9:57 pm

I still can't rectify how much I like this show with every shred of manhood in my body. Nonetheless, I love it. I still can't watch the intro though, it kills me, I just can't let myself realize I'm watching a show whose primary demographic is intended to be 13 years younger and of the opposite gender to me. I feel like one of the blasted Otaku's who watch kids anime.

I have to say in order from favourite to least favourite, for me it's Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Rarity is what may be the first vain character I've seen portrayed as something other than a shallow pantomime of a person. Fluttershy is adorable, it's hard not to like her. Twilight is smart, which is saying something for a kids show, but you feel legitimately impressed by it, Apple Jack is a good character mostly endearing for not having any negative traits. Pinkie Pie is hilarious, but I can't stomach the singing, and I just never like the Jock character.
Last edited by The Merchant Republics on Mon May 09, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 am

The Merchant Republics wrote:I still can't rectify how much I like this show with every shred of manhood in my body.

Issue solved:
http://bronibooru.mlponies.com/data/bf37cf61af108e2f1f5755424f14900a.png

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:I still can't rectify how much I like this show with every shred of manhood in my body. Nonetheless, I love it. I still can't watch the intro though, it kills me, I just can't let myself realize I'm watching a show whose primary demographic is intended to be 13 years younger and of the opposite gender to me. I feel like one of the blasted Otaku's who watch kids anime.

I have to say in order from favourite to least favourite, for me it's Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Rarity is what may be the first vain character I've seen portrayed as something other than a shallow pantomime of a person. Fluttershy is adorable, it's hard not to like her. Twilight is smart, which is saying something for a kids show, but you feel legitimately impressed by it, Apple Jack is a good character mostly endearing for not having any negative traits. Pinkie Pie is hilarious, but I can't stomach the singing, and I just never like the Jock character.
While the demographic intended by Hasbro is < 13 year old girls, it's been pointed out - correctly so - that the show's demographic as intended and ultimately realised by the creators is 'Everyone', along the lines of 'Parents should be happy to watch with their kids, rather than cringing' (An aspect all too often missed, as my niece's mother can attest to, after being nigh-violently forced to watch some Barbie DVDs).

So you don't have to feel bad ^^

On a related note, this thread is now also a Rarity appreciation thread. (Surprisingly little Rarity art out there :/)

I also found this to be made of win ^^ Well, I guess you've to look for other hobbies when you're no longer allowed to bomb London...

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:
The Merchant Republics wrote:I still can't rectify how much I like this show with every shred of manhood in my body. Nonetheless, I love it. I still can't watch the intro though, it kills me, I just can't let myself realize I'm watching a show whose primary demographic is intended to be 13 years younger and of the opposite gender to me. I feel like one of the blasted Otaku's who watch kids anime.

While the demographic intended by Hasbro is < 13 year old girls, it's been pointed out - correctly so - that the show's demographic as intended and ultimately realised by the creators is 'Everyone', along the lines of 'Parents should be happy to watch with their kids, rather than cringing' (An aspect all too often missed, as my niece's mother can attest to, after being nigh-violently forced to watch some Barbie DVDs).

So you don't have to feel bad ^^

On a related note, this thread is now also a Rarity appreciation thread. (Surprisingly little Rarity art out there :/)

I also found this to be made of win ^^ Well, I guess you've to look for other hobbies when you're no longer allowed to bomb London...

Oh yes, I know that. The sheer amount of adult references in the show are nigh on amazing. But try explaining to my less sophisticated friends that the reason I don't want to play road hockey is that I want to see the new episode of My Little Pony.

My mother stared at me like I had came out of the closet with a tutu and a lisp. :p

I've tried to avoid Fanfic for the squick factor, but there is not enough Rarity love, and thus I must fix this.
Last edited by The Merchant Republics on Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 am

The Merchant Republics wrote:Oh yes, I know that. The sheer amount of adult references in the show are nigh on amazing. But try explaining to my less sophisticated friends that the reason I don't want to play road hockey is that I want to see the new episode of My Little Pony.

My mother stared at me like I had came out of the closet with a tutu and a lisp. :p
Personally, I'm convinced that the creators projected their... Issues with alcohol on the ponies <_< It's a remarkably common theme throughout the series.

Also, next time, take a picture when your mom stares at you like that :-p

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Wed May 11, 2011 7:14 am

Nazis in Space wrote:
The Merchant Republics wrote:Oh yes, I know that. The sheer amount of adult references in the show are nigh on amazing. But try explaining to my less sophisticated friends that the reason I don't want to play road hockey is that I want to see the new episode of My Little Pony.

Personally, I'm convinced that the creators projected their... Issues with alcohol on the ponies <_< It's a remarkably common theme throughout the series.

Also, next time, take a picture when your mom stares at you like that :-p

It looked a little like this.

Xenohumanity
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xenohumanity » Wed May 11, 2011 7:17 am

Lubyak wrote:So, how many other NS players are fellow bronies? How many of us enjoy sneaking in small references to the show in our rps and things?

About time somebody made a thread for this.
I haven't been so bold as to start dropping references (I am supposed to be a dystopian FT state, after all), but all in due time...

And now to actually read the thread...
Factbook - Officially Good Enough To Show The In-Laws

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 am

Xenohumanity wrote:
Lubyak wrote:So, how many other NS players are fellow bronies? How many of us enjoy sneaking in small references to the show in our rps and things?

About time somepony made a thread for this.
I haven't been so bold as to start dropping references (I am supposed to be a dystopian FT state, after all), but all in due time...

And now to actually read the thread...
fix'd.

And being a dystopian FT state should make references to Evil Empress Celestia pretty easy, I should think <_<

I mean...

she's...

kind of...

a bitch.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Wed May 11, 2011 9:15 am

We always knew Celestia was a massive troll.

...But...stop..posting sad Luna. I feel so bad for the poor pony.... :(

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Wed May 11, 2011 10:31 am

Translated all of the ponies' names into latin, and I've named my unreasonably badassed 'knight of Twig' soldier "Verecundus Velo" which is a direct translation of "Flutter Shy". (This is on my region's forum, I don't do much on the actual NS rp forums >.>).

It's a bit of a fantasy setting, so I'm probably going to name my head demon the "Demon Princess Celestia" and make a floating island, and call it the "nightmare moon".

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am

Do you mind if I still that idea from you for naming my Imperial Navy fleet in 40k? :lol2:

Xenohumanity
Minister

Postby Xenohumanity » Wed May 11, 2011 10:52 am

Nazis in Space wrote:And being a dystopian FT state should make references to Evil Empress Celestia pretty easy, I should think <_<

1. I spend so much time on Ponychan how did I not correct that word-filter myself augh-
2. Had have of those pictures already. My skill in lurking pays off again.
3. Well, I'll think of something. Ship class name, Evil AI, something along those lines.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 pm

I'd presume that everyone who looks at this thread after atching MLP already knows the pictures, yes. It's partially for context, and partially for the benefit of others <_<

The Holy Twig
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Twig » Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am

Lubyak wrote:Do you mind if I still that idea from you for naming my Imperial Navy fleet in 40k? :lol2:

Assuming that question is directed at me: Yes, I'm fine with that :D
(I need to find a way to translate derpy hooves and steven magnet into latin...)

Edit:
translated derpy hooves and steven magnet into irish instead, their names work better that way:

crúba derpy
Steven maighnéad
Last edited by The Holy Twig on Thu May 12, 2011 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

North Suran
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Suran » Thu May 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Did I die and wake up in a fantasy world where grown men could laud cartoons aimed at young girls?

My Little Pony is a very good cartoon. But that's all it is - a cartoon. It certainly isn't a show I'd recommend to my friends or adults. And it definitely isn't the Citizen Kane of cartoon horse shows that some people have made it out to be.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.

Xenohumanity
Minister

Postby Xenohumanity » Thu May 12, 2011 1:30 pm

North Suran wrote:The Citizen Kane of cartoon horse shows

You said it yourself.

North Suran
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Suran » Thu May 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Xenohumanity wrote:
North Suran wrote:The Citizen Kane of cartoon horse shows

You said it yourself.

Considering the only other cartoon horse show is, well, the original My Little Pony, that's faint praise.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Thu May 12, 2011 1:56 pm

North Suran wrote:Did I die and wake up in a fantasy world where grown men could laud cartoons aimed at young girls?

Why couldn't we?

My Little Pony is a very good cartoon. But that's all it is - a cartoon. It certainly isn't a show I'd recommend to my friends or adults. And it definitely isn't the Citizen Kane of cartoon horse shows that some people have made it out to be.

Just because a cartoon is a cartoon doesn't mean it's not something that can be enjoyed by adults as well as the targetted audience. I recommend it to my friends just absed on the fact that it is a very good, nad honestly quite an enjoyable show.

It may not be Citizen Kane, but it is entertaining, and very well made.
Last edited by Lubyak on Thu May 12, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu May 12, 2011 2:43 pm

North Suran wrote:My Little Pony is a very good cartoon. But that's all it is - a cartoon. It certainly isn't a show I'd recommend to my friends or adults.

I dunno, there have been some pretty great cartoons.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction