NATION

PASSWORD

[Appeal] Warning for flamebait

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Ungthjodherjarnir
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Appeal] Warning for flamebait

Postby Ungthjodherjarnir » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:00 am

Just going to copy-and-paste it from the thread I posted it in.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Ungthjodherjarnir wrote:The thing I hate about police shootings is that they don't start the race war.

*** Warned for flamebait ***. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this site.

How is this flamebaiting?

I didn't say "All blacks should be lynched." or "All jews need to be gassed." I simply expressed my opinion. I understand there isn't a concept of free speech here, but I'm just not seeing the reasoning behind this.
Death to traitors! Freedom to Britain!

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:11 am

Ungthjodherjarnir wrote:Just going to copy-and-paste it from the thread I posted it in.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
*** Warned for flamebait ***. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this site.

I didn't say "All blacks should be lynched." or "All jews need to be gassed." I simply expressed my opinion. I understand there isn't a concept of free speech here, but I'm just not seeing the reasoning behind this.

You weren't warned for trolling; you were warned for flamebaiting, which is making a statement with the intent to provoke an angry response. The warning stands.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Ungthjodherjarnir
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ungthjodherjarnir » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Ungthjodherjarnir wrote:Just going to copy-and-paste it from the thread I posted it in.

You weren't warned for trolling; you were warned for flamebaiting, which is making a statement with the intent to provoke an angry response. The warning stands.

I wasn't intending to provoke an angry response.
Death to traitors! Freedom to Britain!

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:27 am

Ungthjodherjarnir wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:You weren't warned for trolling; you were warned for flamebaiting, which is making a statement with the intent to provoke an angry response. The warning stands.

I wasn't intending to provoke an angry response.

You stated it that it was unfortunate that police shootings didn't result in a race war. That is inflammatory; that is a flamebait. You clearly meant to get an angry response. The warning stands.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Return to Moderation