NATION

PASSWORD

A nationstates tribunal [suggestion]

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu May 26, 2016 2:22 am

No.

The whole point of Moderation is to have people who have proven themselves to have good judgment making snap decisions on enforcing the site policy. We're not going to replace that with a randomly selected flock of potential no-nothings who are obviously more concerned with influencing the site to cater to their personal principles and opinions than they are actually helping it function. Sorry, chances are your ideas about how things SHOULD be run around here aren't as amazing as you think they are. You're not entitled to positions of power.

On a more anecdotal note, everytime I've heard someone complain about an instance where the Mods were being "unfair" or "biased" and they actually bother to explain what happened, it's usually an open and shut flaming incident that the person is having trouble wrapping their minds around because they're not used to basic decency actually being enforced on the internet. "What do you mean you gave my buddy a DEAT for calling liberals pedo-loving cucks? He's just expressing his opinion, man! He can PROVE that they're pedo-loving cucks! Maaan, if I were in charge of rulings around here..."
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 am

I mean, in theory this has merit. Especially if you think you're being persecuted unfairly or something. But even if some of the mods seem to be a lot harder on Gameplay to some of us (I said "seem" and "to some of us" so don't think I'm joining the anti-mod club), I'm still going to trust them to do what they think is best for the continuity of the site. Following the rules isn't that hard to do, though accidents can happen regardless.

Honestly, I'd rather trust the mods with Gameplay judgments than a panel of Generalites and Roleplayers (no offense to either group intended here) given the less-than-friendly history between raiders and those demographics.

The mods have incentive to at least try to be unbiased there, even if some of them also hate raiding. There is generally a specific group of mods who issue Gameplay calls, which indicates consideration. I personally couldn't put my trust in a tribunal format in comparison. Maybe this could work out for Generalites, but I don't think this would benefit Gameplay, which is where I made my home here.
Last edited by Ayvari on Thu May 26, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Logistically, I see this as impractical compared to the status quo given staff and time constraints.

I have a love/hate relationship with this website's moderation team. Certainly I don't like some of the rules around here and disagree with quite a few, and I get punished over incidents which I do not view as a big deal. But I have to admit that they're remarkably neutral and unbiased in applying existing rules compared to other forums I've observed.

In spite of what could be interpreted as bad policies, overall- it can't be said that this website's administration is unfair. They're remarkably patient and actually do a great job, otherwise I'd definitely have been deleted by now or on the other extreme- been allowed to run roughshod over other users with my more reckless posts.
Last edited by Saiwania on Thu May 26, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Previous

Return to Moderation