NATION

PASSWORD

[q] Warning level and Forumbans

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

[q] Warning level and Forumbans

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:51 pm

I got off a one-day forumban today. I am not appealing the ban, but I have a question.

Does the "warning level" in my Control Panel only go up if I am warned, not banned? I ask because my warning level is still at 1, even though I have received two modly actions against me.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:16 pm

The bans do not always reflect on your viewable record the same way, but be assured, that mods and admins can see that record clearly - and that does carry weight with us. Most folks don't get to the point where they have to keep track, fortunately. You now do. Simple solution of course is 'not get in trouble again'. Shockingly effective, that.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:02 am

For what it's worth, my warning level went up when my one-day ban was retroactively downgraded to a warning, so it's not just you. I was told then that warning level is exactly what it's called - level of warnings only, not bans. I'll try to find a link.

Edit: Here you go
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Bans do not add to the warning number, but the reason for the ban is viewable by mods in exactly the same place.

For particularly egregious offenders, I will occasionally give both a warning and a ban for a single offense, specifically to bump the warning number up. However, it's twice the paperwork, so it's usually not worth the effort.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Bans do not add to the warning number, but the reason for the ban is viewable by mods in exactly the same place.

For particularly egregious offenders, I will occasionally give both a warning and a ban for a single offense, specifically to bump the warning number up. However, it's twice the paperwork, so it's usually not worth the effort.

That seems to make sense. Thanks, Frisbee.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Return to Moderation