NATION

PASSWORD

[Report]-Trolling-Russia threatens nuclear war...

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Report]-Trolling-Russia threatens nuclear war...

Postby Lyttenburg » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:00 pm

This:

Burleson wrote:In other news, Vladimir Putin has checked into a rehab facility to get rid of his crack addiction. Reporting for Things that will never happen but should, I'm John Smith :lol:

On a more serious note, Putin has officially lost it. Hitler is probably looking at him from hell and saying "That man is nuts"

And this:

Burleson wrote:I could see it happening, Putin is basically Chuck Norris and Hitler in one crazy package.

And more:

United Batavian States wrote:Really looking forward to the time when Putin is no more.

more:

Planita wrote:maybe Putin has Alzheimer or something

and more:

Burleson wrote:
The High Lords wrote:Well... Russia does what Russia does. Get over it. If you don't want to be nuked, just stay out of it.

Replace the word 'Russia' with 'the KKK' and the word 'nuked' with 'lynched'. Now do you get it?

Where is Mod's fire brigade?
“In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity, look to the madman to show the way.”
Fight for Peace. Live for War. Die for Nothing
I wholeheartedly support the Great Ukraine from Lviv to Ternopil!
Кто не скачет - того Крым!
The ultimate fate of all Russophobes.

Lyttenburgh. Founded: Thu Sep 1 2011. Deleted: Sun Jun 8 2014. Population: 5.201 billion.
Never Forgive. Never Forget

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm not seeing any rulebreaking in any of those posts. You seem to be under the impression that we don't allow unfavorable posts about politicians, specifically Putin. We have a rule about abusive nicknames, but attacking political figures is part and parcel to this political simulation game.

Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyttenburg » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:04 am

More of persistent blatant political nicknaming and quote-edit:

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Zelitopia wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11064209/Vladimir-Putin-Dont-mess-with-nuclear-armed-Russia.html

This should remind everyone why it is important that no American, British, German, French, Canadian, or other NATO soldiers ever set foot inside Ukraine Vladdy Baby is posturing.

Zelitopia wrote:This is the first time in recent decades that Russia has threatened to launch a nuclear holocaust upon the NATO alliance.

No, they haven't.

Zelitopia wrote:We might be opposed to what Russia is doing in Ukraine but are we willing to destroy the planet just to stop them from carving the country up?

No. And in fact, neither is Vlad. He's put on a huge strap-on and is waving it around, because that's better for him than anybody rationally analyzing the situation and observing the tiny withered doo-dad that's the Russian army and economy.

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Padnak wrote:Uh-huh. Their fleet is rusting at anchor, many air force units are reduced to taking paying tourists on rides to pay the bills, and their massive army is undertrained conscripts. I'm sure a few units are in decent fighting shape, but, um, so what? Vladdy Baby isn't looking for a fight with a first-world power. He's hoping to scare people away from considering military possibilities, such as arming the Ukrainians, sending "covert" Spec Ops "advisors" and all sorts of other low-intensity options. Because neither the Russian army nor its economy are in any position to fight a sustained guerrilla war against a well-armed and determined opponent.

I can understand the Europeans' reluctance to boycott Russian oil and gas, but the truth is that in the short run, that would tank Russia's economy. In the long term, sure, there are plenty of places to sell them, but the infrastructure to get it there isn't up to the problem yet. But I doubt Vladdy Baby would get that long term, because somebody would force him from power.

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Yup. He's rational and evil. If NATO did commit forces to defending the Ukraine, Vladdy Boy would know it's time to cut and run. (I don't actually expect they will, but suppose they did.) There are no winning moves for him from that position: military escalation won't go well, and could get out of hand -- not that I expect seriously out of hand, see "rational" -- and even keeping men in the field gets expensive. I'd expect plenty of proxy fighting, and fighting by forces out of uniform, but not hot tank-on-tank action. :p
Last edited by Lyttenburg on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
“In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity, look to the madman to show the way.”

Lyttenburgh. Founded: Thu Sep 1 2011. Deleted: Sun Jun 8 2014. Population: 5.201 billion.

Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyttenburg » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:49 am

Oh, don't tell me that "political nicknaming" is SUDDENLY not actionable when its targets are people whom the West don't like.
Last edited by Lyttenburg on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:51 am

No, but this was addressed in another thread some time back. One, it isn't quite the same as 'republicunts' or 'democraps' as the example goes, and two, if Putin wants to complain about some anonymous posters on the internet poking fun, he's free to.

Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyttenburg » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:44 am

I want second opinion.

Previously, political nicknaming of the political figure was actionable. Even if in Putin case Mods decided only to "tut-tut" parties involved, that, at least, was some reaction.

Aslo, should I quote it yet again:

Farnhamia wrote:Political nicknames are considered trolling because they're used to annoy a politician's followers and can't really be argued with. Making attacks on a politician, such as the recent one where President Obama was called a "spineless coward," while also annoying can be contested. That's why nicknames are not allowed.

Farnhamia wrote:A warning, unless the person's record warrants a ban. I've explained why, the nicknames cannot be countered with any argument short of elementary school playground "Yeah? So's your old man!" type stuff. That coupled with their invariable use as pejoratives makes them trolling.

As the saying goes - "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander". I really, really want to see Mods punishing anyone (anyone at all) for their repetetive nicknamings targeting things connected to Russia.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am

Mine /was/ the second opinion. We're done here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation