NATION

PASSWORD

[report]Politically demeaning name

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

[report]Politically demeaning name

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Communism is a flawed ideology, and always will be. It has never worked.

Except when it did temporarily in Ukraine before being crushed. By none other than the Bullshitviks.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=305579&p=21039964#p21039964
Last edited by United Marxist Nations on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
The New Sea Territory wrote:
Except when it did temporarily in Ukraine before being crushed. By none other than the Bullshitviks.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=305579&p=21039964#p21039964

I'm going to leave this up to another mod for final ruling, but my opinion is its not actionable. Its a defunct political party with almost nil representation in today's world.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

I'm going to leave this up to another mod for final ruling, but my opinion is its not actionable. Its a defunct political party with almost nil representation in today's world.

Ahem. *gestures to books by Lenin & Stalin on shelf across the room*
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

Ahem. *gestures to books by Lenin & Stalin on shelf across the room*

I'm sorry, but bribery will books won't change the fact that Trans is right on this one. I don't think it's actionable either.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Ahem. *gestures to books by Lenin & Stalin on shelf across the room*

I'm sorry, but bribery will books won't change the fact that Trans is right on this one. I don't think it's actionable either.

So, why is someone saying "Tea Baggers" or "Obummer" banned, while calling an entire political party with a rather large following "Bullshitviks" is just fine?

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Mousebumples wrote:I'm sorry, but bribery will books won't change the fact that Trans is right on this one. I don't think it's actionable either.

So, why is someone saying "Tea Baggers" or "Obummer" banned, while calling an entire political party with a rather large following "Bullshitviks" is just fine?

Are Bolsheviks still an active political party? So far as I'm aware, they're now called "Communist Party of Soviet Union" ... well, as much as a nation that doesn't exist anymore can have a political party, anyhow.

When the Tea Party and Obama no longer exist in the present day political landscape, then I expect the same standards will apply to them.
Proud Member of UNOG

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:So, why is someone saying "Tea Baggers" or "Obummer" banned, while calling an entire political party with a rather large following "Bullshitviks" is just fine?

Are Bolsheviks still an active political party? So far as I'm aware, they're now called "Communist Party of Soviet Union" ... well, as much as a nation that doesn't exist anymore can have a political party, anyhow.

When the Tea Party and Obama no longer exist in the present day political landscape, then I expect the same standards will apply to them.

"Bolshevik" was just a nickname for the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, it wasn't the actual name. And, since the CPSU is still a lose coalition of Parties in the former USSR, all members of those Parties are Bolsheviks. Also, it applies to the ideology, which is called (less so, but still is called) "Bolshevism".

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Mousebumples wrote:Are Bolsheviks still an active political party? So far as I'm aware, they're now called "Communist Party of Soviet Union" ... well, as much as a nation that doesn't exist anymore can have a political party, anyhow.

"Bolshevik" was just a nickname for the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, it wasn't the actual name. And, since the CPSU is still a lose coalition of Parties in the former USSR, all members of those Parties are Bolsheviks. Also, it applies to the ideology, which is called (less so, but still is called) "Bolshevism".

Should I take this as your request for a second opinion, then?
Proud Member of UNOG

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:"Bolshevik" was just a nickname for the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, it wasn't the actual name. And, since the CPSU is still a lose coalition of Parties in the former USSR, all members of those Parties are Bolsheviks. Also, it applies to the ideology, which is called (less so, but still is called) "Bolshevism".

Should I take this as your request for a second opinion, then?

Yes. Also, I would also like to note that it could be considered flamebaiting, since it is insulting a group that held members that many here admire, and at least one has kin within.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Not actionable.

Case closed.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation