NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] All X Are Y In Gay Cake Court Case Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

[Report] All X Are Y In Gay Cake Court Case Thread

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Greater Israelia wrote:
Stormwind-City wrote:Not you and your logically fallacious and full-of-holes-arguments again.

The liberals and atheists have one main agenda: establishment of a globalist dictatorship. When given the opportunity, they will try desperately to totally annihilate Christianity. There are many false Christians, MANY of them, in liberalism.

The fact that this has to be argued before a court proves my point: there is an agenda. Revelation is coming...

Emphasis mine. As a liberal, I haven't been let in on any main agenda, so this is obviously an inaccurate and insulting generalization.

On the other hand, if our Secret Masters simply hasn't gotten around to informing me yet, please ignore this.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Greater Israelia wrote:
The liberals and atheists have one main agenda: establishment of a globalist dictatorship. When given the opportunity, they will try desperately to totally annihilate Christianity. There are many false Christians, MANY of them, in liberalism.

The fact that this has to be argued before a court proves my point: there is an agenda. Revelation is coming...

Emphasis mine. As a liberal, I haven't been let in on any main agenda, so this is obviously an inaccurate and insulting generalization.

On the other hand, if our Secret Masters simply hasn't gotten around to informing me yet, please ignore this.

Sorry, but I haven't heard anything from our Secret Masters either. They are keeping millions of us in the dark. As for the post, ill-informed generalization, but mild at best.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Sorry, but I haven't heard anything from our Secret Masters either. They are keeping millions of us in the dark. As for the post, ill-informed generalization, but mild at best.

Isn't "Ill-informed generalization" plus "Insulting" pretty much the definition of an "All X Are Y" offense, even if the insult is a bit silly?

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 pm

You said it yourself - the insult is a bit silly. We'd rather, I think, focus on the truly not-silly and nasty pieces of work out there, and avoid the potential smacking over mild sarcasm and attempts at satire. Or just pounding on people for being less than bright in their commentary. Comes a point when we get into overmoderating and we can't say anything for fear of causing someone to think they might possibly feel offended, perhaps, if the stars are right.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:You said it yourself - the insult is a bit silly. We'd rather, I think, focus on the truly not-silly and nasty pieces of work out there, and avoid the potential smacking over mild sarcasm and attempts at satire. Or just pounding on people for being less than bright in their commentary. Comes a point when we get into overmoderating and we can't say anything for fear of causing someone to think they might possibly feel offended, perhaps, if the stars are right.

Okay, but for future reference with this poster, please note that that was neither sarcasm or satire. He or she seems to really mean it, as one can see from the rest of his or her comments.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Granted, but it's more the severity that's the issue. Players post what might be categorized as 'stupid stuff' all the time. It's not great, but it isn't at the actionable level of 'malicious stuff' - which was the point I was trying to lamely get at while including other bits for ref. It's been a long day, and I'm afraid I'm not presenting my posts very well - sorry on that.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:28 pm

I know I'm not supposed to post in report threads....

...but seriously this is one of the most civil and gentlemanly threads I've ever seen
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Granted, but it's more the severity that's the issue. Players post what might be categorized as 'stupid stuff' all the time. It's not great, but it isn't at the actionable level of 'malicious stuff' - which was the point I was trying to lamely get at while including other bits for ref. It's been a long day, and I'm afraid I'm not presenting my posts very well - sorry on that.

Ah. That was me yesterday. I actually had to back off from discussing a couple of topics that I was passionate about because I wasn't expressing myself at all clearly. Understood.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Blood Wine wrote:I know I'm not supposed to post in report threads....

...but seriously this is one of the most civil and gentlemanly threads I've ever seen

Well, here's the thing. This was a judgment call. I disagree with their take on it, but it's their call to make, and I don't find the call to be egregiously unfair, or blind in any way. That's also why I didn't take my own warning past the first appeal: a judgment call, a fair one even if I disagreed with it, and it's their call to make. That's not to say that I wouldn't be a bit more insistent if this were blatant flaming or trolling, but at the end of the day, I can at least see their side of the discussion regardless of whether or not it's one that I share.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation