NATION

PASSWORD

Thread Lock Appeal

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Thread Lock Appeal

Postby Caninope » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello mods, I would like lodge an appeal for the locking of this thread. While it was billed as a "conservative chatroom", I feel as if it could be a serious discussion on what conservatism is and is not, as well as both the practical failings of conservatives as well as the theoretical justifications of the various ideologies. NERVUN locked the thread, arguing that not everyone needs a discussion thread, but there is a Jewish Discussion Thread, a Christian Discussion Thread, and a Slavic Discussion Thread (and that's off just the top of my head). In the first two pages, I (and several other posters) pointed out some of the current practical failings of the conservative movement, especially in America, and discussed several conservative movements and schools of thought, notably progressive conservatism originating in the UK and neoconservatism originating in the US.

I feel as if the thread could invoke some serious debate, and would not be out out of place for such a discussion thread to take place. Thank you for your time and consideration.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I might be persuaded to have one if it had a better OP.

Maybe, I'm a little dubious about the whole Group X thread because, yes, it's getting into copycat time.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm

NERVUN wrote:I might be persuaded to have one if it had a better OP.

Maybe, I'm a little dubious about the whole Group X thread because, yes, it's getting into copycat time.

What would it take, more specifically, to have one? I mean, we already have several Group X threads, and I would argue that conservatism deserves a thread more than most anything else, given conservatism's (in all its various forms) prominence in the West and Western politics.
Last edited by Caninope on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Ok, how about this, YOU write the OP with everything that you said here. Instead of an empty "Space for conservatives to talk", actually provide structure for the discussion.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Return to Moderation