NATION

PASSWORD

GA Proposal cancelled for misunderstanding?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Uvalla
Attaché

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uvalla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

My proposal to the GA was cancelled. It was called "First Contact Protocols". The moderator that shut down the thread must have misread the proposal, as it was shut down for requesting a player held position. Is there a manner in which I can dispute this?

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Yes, here. You can appeal the ruling by stating where we errored and it will be looked at.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:59 pm

The standard telegram you received includes the suggestion that you post it in the GA forum. You should follow that advice.

Though, there doesn't seem to be much ambiguity about "This council will consist of members from each nation from the WA. Member terms are bi-annual." You were also linked to the Proposal Rules. Look for the section on Committees.

Uvalla
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Uvalla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Right, so the rules on committee's are: Creating Stuff

Committees may be created, as long as certain things are kept in mind: nations do not sit on committees, they are staffed by mystical beings (gnomes) that instantly spring into existence and live only to serve on said committee. Committees are also bound by the above MetaGame rules. Also, keep in mind that Committees are additions to Proposals; they shouldn't be all the Proposal does. NOTE: Acronyms for Committees must not be used to brand a proposal.

My proposal violated none of the above. My proposal offers a position to "gnomes" from every WA nation simultaneously.

"This council will consist of members from EACH NATION FROM THE WA. Member terms are bi-annual."

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Uvalla wrote:Right, so the rules on committee's are: Creating Stuff

Committees may be created, as long as certain things are kept in mind: nations do not sit on committees, they are staffed by mystical beings (gnomes) that instantly spring into existence and live only to serve on said committee. Committees are also bound by the above MetaGame rules. Also, keep in mind that Committees are additions to Proposals; they shouldn't be all the Proposal does. NOTE: Acronyms for Committees must not be used to brand a proposal.

My proposal violated none of the above. My proposal offers a position to "gnomes" from every WA nation simultaneously.

"This council will consist of members from EACH NATION FROM THE WA. Member terms are bi-annual."

I think you misunderstood that. The WA nations do not have gnomes, the WA itself has gnomes. They staff the committee, the nations have nothing to do with it so stating that each nation has a member and the term is bi-annual does violate the committee rule.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Uvalla
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Uvalla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Due to wrecklessness on my part, I have lost the original draft. Is there a manner in which I can retrieve it from NationStates?

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 pm

TG'd to you

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation