NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] User using RP as chat thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Report] User using RP as chat thread

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:09 am

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=387826. Kustgebied appears to be using it as his personal chat thread.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for bringing it to staff attention, Adevia. I'm sure a Mod will swing by and take a look.

Meanwhile, I offered some advice to the group: viewtopic.php?p=29740900#p29740900. Looks like they have a premise but are still trying to organize the very basics. I provided a link to all our guides. It allows them to get a glimpse into how OOCs function, how to OP a thread, and gaming basics.

-Cer
P2TM RP Mentor
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 am

swedish allied states seems to be the primary offender when it comes to chat and spam - of course, when i ever do something that adevia doesn't like, here comes me posting in moderation

first of all, you'll notice i first attempted to divert the thread away from insanity.

then, considering the fact vic and singy got DEATed for trolling in roleplay last month, i dryly commented on the fact people have been DEATed for joking about (not saying that SAS was trolling, i'm saying it would have fit better in forum 7 or someplace else) before in roleplay - and bans have been handed out for first offences

of course, here's the big part - adevia thinks pegraynaky is me, and is actually reporting 'f for respects'

i am sure a mod can verify otherwise on the entire pegraynaky thing. perhaps my comment wasn't a good idea, but eh, adevia's making a big fuss out of it because he hates me and he tried to cause drama in my region and he posted on my threads after being removed from those threads and i actually cracked down on him so eh.
Last edited by Kustgebied on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
ripping off vic and siggy by being another tricolour westerner superstate

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:48 am

after attempting negotiation towards a peaceful and functioning roleplay, adevia-ardvilla has blocked my further telegrams after seeming at the start cooperative because i didn't reply for 35 minutes.

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:52 am

Kustgebied wrote:after attempting negotiation towards a peaceful and functioning roleplay, adevia-ardvilla has blocked my further telegrams after seeming at the start cooperative because i didn't reply for 35 minutes.

I've unblocked you.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Adevia-Ardvilla wrote:
Kustgebied wrote:after attempting negotiation towards a peaceful and functioning roleplay, adevia-ardvilla has blocked my further telegrams after seeming at the start cooperative because i didn't reply for 35 minutes.

I've unblocked you.

Yeah ... please link specific posts that you feel are too chatty. We're not going to read through five pages and try to guess what you're annoyed about.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 am

first one is me dryly commenting on the fact people have been DEATed for joking about in roleplays before, if you want to blame someone for a chat thread blame swedish allied states but hey adevia hates me so no reporting swedish allied states. tbh, adevia's just doing a tit-for-tat nitpicking routine here.

the second one is because adevia thinks i'm pegraynaky, even though i'm not.

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 am

Kustgebied wrote:first one is me dryly commenting on the fact people have been DEATed for joking about in roleplays before, if you want to blame someone for a chat thread blame swedish allied states but hey adevia hates me so no reporting swedish allied states. tbh, adevia's just doing a tit-for-tat nitpicking routine here.

Well, he seems a lot like you, what with the godmodding in the SAB War Trial thread and the similar OOC writing style.

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 am

Adevia-Ardvilla wrote:
Kustgebied wrote:first one is me dryly commenting on the fact people have been DEATed for joking about in roleplays before, if you want to blame someone for a chat thread blame swedish allied states but hey adevia hates me so no reporting swedish allied states. tbh, adevia's just doing a tit-for-tat nitpicking routine here.

Well, he seems a lot like you, what with the godmodding in the SAB War Trial thread and the similar OOC writing style.

If you want me to be bothered to use capitalisation, I damn well will use capitalisation. The writing style isn't similar other than the 'no capitalisation' routine, thanks Adevia, but maybe you need a bit more evidence before you start accusing Colonel Mustard of being the murderer using the candlestick in the conservatory.

I wouldn't touch the SAB War Trial thread with a ten-foot pole, thanks to the fact some of the nations involved find it acceptable to mix technology levels in war (that's taking the entire 'using PMT technology in MT to have an advantage' to a significantly higher level - let's face it, Australia today would beat Japan from 1941 in a heartbeat, let alone a galaxy-spanning empire against a nation that doesn't even influence its own continent). Calling Pegraynaky a 'godmodder' when he hasn't done anything of harm in the War Trial thread is pretty damn laughable.

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:48 am

Bump to make sure the mods see this.

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am

It's on the front page and in plain sight. A moderator has already seen the thread.
Last edited by Kustgebied on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adevia-Ardvilla
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adevia-Ardvilla » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:21 am

Bump again.
Edit: Come on, where are the mods?
Last edited by Adevia-Ardvilla on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Adevia-Ardvilla wrote:Bump again.
Edit: Come on, where are the mods?

<looms ominously>

I would cool it with the attitude. The Moderation Team is not at your beck and call. We do get to things eventually. As a friend of mine said once, long ago, "Ὀψὲ θεῶν ἀλέουσι μύλοι, ἀλέουσι δὲ λεπτά," which is to say, "The millstones of the gods grind late, but they grind fine."

Kustgebied's and Pegraynaky's minor descent into chattiness is not actionable but I do chastise them for doing so. RP is RP and if they feel the need to indulfe in a side conversation, they should do it in telegrams.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation