NATION

PASSWORD

Was the issue that I linked to my blog?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Quattrablegia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Was the issue that I linked to my blog?

Postby Quattrablegia » Wed May 26, 2010 8:59 am

To whom it may concern:
I started this thread yesteraday:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=52706
because the subject felt germaine to much of what we discuss in General.

Was the issue that I had posted a link from my blog? If so, I could easily copy-and-paste the text into a new thread. Was it because it was felt it didn't belong in General? I would maintain that since the subject is on the very nature of debates, it belongs there.

Please let me know what I can do to rectify the situation.

Sincerely
Whittieer
(Quattrablegia)

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed May 26, 2010 12:47 pm

General is not your personal blog, one way or the other. So reposting it as it is will likely net you much the same.

Quattrablegia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Quattrablegia » Wed May 26, 2010 1:49 pm

So how do I open up a dialogue on the purpose of debating and whether it's necessary? It seems it would be appropriate in a venue given to debate.

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:General is not your personal blog, one way or the other. So reposting it as it is will likely net you much the same.

Wow, I didn't know you were a mod! :hug: But now I do! :lol:
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed May 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Quattrablegia wrote:So how do I open up a dialogue on the purpose of debating and whether it's necessary? It seems it would be appropriate in a venue given to debate.

What exactly are you trying to debate? The fact you're fed up with certain attitudes and can put your feelings into a nice flowery package? Ok ... and?

Not intended to be insulting, trying to get across the likely reactions to a bloggy thread. If you've some concrete issues you want to discuss, pick a couple and see how that can be worked into something debatable. At least that's my take on it.

Quattrablegia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Quattrablegia » Thu May 27, 2010 1:15 pm

I wish to debate the purpose of debate.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Then go do it, in General, without the blogginess. Pretty simple.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation