NATION

PASSWORD

Is 'ISSUES' only way to increase/decrease certain statistics

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Sawolia
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Is 'ISSUES' only way to increase/decrease certain statistics

Postby Sawolia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:27 am

Hello my fellow people.

Is solving issues only way to increase/decrease certain ratings in my nation? Or they decrease/increase over time by theirselves? And if they increase/decrease over time by theirselves is it then posibble to somehow influence which statistics in my nation should decrease and which should increase?

Please explain this to me.

~Sawolian Leader

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:55 am

Mostly, yes. Stats can also be affected when resolutions are passed or repealed in the World Assembly, but only for nations that are actually in the World Assembly. Aside from that, issues are the only way to change most stats.

Several stats are exceptions. Population grows with time automatically. Economic Output and Black Market scale with Population, and so also grow with time automatically (but also depend on issues). World Assembly Endorsements, Influence, and Residency change due to other game actions, and don't care about issues.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:09 pm

Sawolia wrote:Hello my fellow people.

Is solving issues only way to increase/decrease certain ratings in my nation? Or they decrease/increase over time by theirselves? And if they increase/decrease over time by theirselves is it then posibble to somehow influence which statistics in my nation should decrease and which should increase?

Please explain this to me.

~Sawolian Leader

Also joining the WA changes your stats so that your nation comes in line with WA regulations. When a GA vote fails/passes, if you are in the WA your nations stats change as well.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:45 am

Flanderlion wrote:Also joining the WA changes your stats so that your nation comes in line with WA regulations.

It's only the resolutions that pass while you're a member that affect the stats, though: There isn't -- although arguably, for accuracy, there should-be -- also a one-off adjustment when you join to account for the effects of all those earlier[/i] resolutions that are still in force also becoming law in your nation.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:53 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:Also joining the WA changes your stats so that your nation comes in line with WA regulations.

It's only the resolutions that pass while you're a member that affect the stats, though: There isn't -- although arguably, for accuracy, there should-be -- also a one-off adjustment when you join to account for the effects of all those earlier[/i] resolutions that are still in force also becoming law in your nation.

That would also require the opposite effect of removing all stat effects acquired by joining the WA (otherwise I join, get WA stat effects; I leave, nothing happens; I join again, get more WA stat effects, etc.).

And then it gets tricky.

How to apply it to current nations. Since they joined when such a bonus/malus of the acquis communautaire was not implemented yet.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 am

Bears Armed wrote:

There isn't an adjustment? Didn't realise that, thought and have been told by others there was (and have told people similar). And I left the WA on my main precisely because of these stat changes, Dale Flanderlion (my leader) wouldn't want a foreign organisation deciding the laws here. I also thought of the stat changes as a tick box that's added onto the stats, and stays ticked, and through issues you have to repeal all their legislation (legalising the death penalty, removing civil rights etc. - I've got no clue what the current resolutions in effect are), and you wouldn't get certain issues if the WA decided it for you.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 am

Flanderlion wrote:and you wouldn't get certain issues if the WA decided it for you.
That's how it seems things should work, yes, but the game doesn't even impose that restriction: WA members can still receive and choose options that contradict GA legislation...
:roll:
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:55 pm

That's because resolutions are player-written, and so allowing them to influence all the finicky flags ("this thing is legal", "that thing is illegal", etc., instead of just numerically affecting Civil Rights without changing any specific flag) would require either players to know what flags are in the game (which the staff wouldn't be happy about), or the staff to code every resolution manually behind-the-scenes (which neither the staff nor the players would be happy about).

Otherwise, you can write a "boost civil rights" resolution with any flavor text you want, but the game can't actually tell what you're legalizing, and so can't adjust issue validities accordingly (or even verify that the text of you resolution actually correctly translates to "boost civil rights").

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical