NATION

PASSWORD

Nation Disappearance

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Batholomew Buzzard
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Nation Disappearance

Postby Batholomew Buzzard » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 am

My nation Gentoo Gent has disappeared from existence? Although I have not logged into it for a while when I tried to log-in today I was informed that the nation does not exist and that further, I could use the name because it was available! This makes no sense at all to me. The nation has been in use for quite a while now and it seems somehow tht NS has lost it! Any help/advice greatfully accepted.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:18 am

Batholomew Buzzard wrote:My nation Gentoo Gent has disappeared from existence? Although I have not logged into it for a while when I tried to log-in today I was informed that the nation does not exist and that further, I could use the name because it was available! This makes no sense at all to me. The nation has been in use for quite a while now and it seems somehow tht NS has lost it! Any help/advice greatfully accepted.

Are you sure you're trying to log in with the right nation name? Because the Boneyard shows no prior entries of a nation with that name ever existing.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:28 am

Batholomew Buzzard wrote:My nation Gentoo Gent has disappeared from existence? Although I have not logged into it for a while when I tried to log-in today I was informed that the nation does not exist and that further, I could use the name because it was available! This makes no sense at all to me. The nation has been in use for quite a while now and it seems somehow tht NS has lost it! Any help/advice greatfully accepted.

The only possible explanations for this are:
1. You have the wrong nation name.
2. A server glitch has erased the nation from existence.

In my experience, 1 is far more likely than 2. If you just cannot seem to remember the name, you can file a GHR, and the mods may be able to help you.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 am

Are you sure your nation isn't The Gentoo Gent and you didn't simply try logging into the wrong nation?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 am

Phydios wrote:2. A server glitch has erased the nation from existence.

Even server glitches don't erase nations from existence. We've had nation stats, population, and custom fields wiped out on a couple of occasions when the drive ran out of space ... but even then the nation name was preserved. If we had to do a full backup (as opposed to an incremental or selective backup), that might lose new nations ... but we've never had to do that and probably never will.

Golgothastan's answer is by far the most likely.

Batholomew Buzzard
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Batholomew Buzzard » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:08 am

I feel such a twerp :( Yes, I did not have the "The" in front of the nation's name. Sorry to have troubled you guys but grateful thanks all the same.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:18 am

Batholomew Buzzard wrote:I feel such a twerp :( Yes, I did not have the "The" in front of the nation's name. Sorry to have troubled you guys but grateful thanks all the same.

Happens to the best of us. And you're welcome.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical