NATION

PASSWORD

[Bug?] Non-existing capital has been burned to ground

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Really stateless nation
Attaché

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Bug?] Non-existing capital has been burned to ground

Postby Really stateless nation » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Following new legislation in Really stateless nation, the capital of Really stateless nation has burned to the ground and caused riots throughout the country.

BUT!!

Following new legislation in Really stateless nation, Really stateless nation recently decided against having a capital city.

We don't have a capital, yet it has been burnt to bottom. :rofl:

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Really stateless nation wrote:
Following new legislation in Really stateless nation, the capital of Really stateless nation has burned to the ground and caused riots throughout the country.

BUT!!

Following new legislation in Really stateless nation, Really stateless nation recently decided against having a capital city.

We don't have a capital, yet it has been burnt to bottom. :rofl:

This isn't a technical bug; just bad wording in the first issue effect. Whoever edited that issue didn't think about nations that don't have a capital. Just wait for a mod or admin to come by, and (I assume) they'll help you out.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:33 am

You would be better off putting this in the fix issues thread, so that the editors can decide whether or not to edit the existing issue (either making it invalid for nations without capital cities, or rewriting it, or leaving it be). For what it's worth I think it is worth editing the issue, but I'm not one of the senior issue editors who can do that.

Anyway, they are much more likely to notice a comment about issue text in that thread than in the Technical forum.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 am

Golgothastan wrote:You would be better off putting this in the fix issues thread, so that the editors can decide whether or not to edit the existing issue (either making it invalid for nations without capital cities, or rewriting it, or leaving it be). For what it's worth I think it is worth editing the issue, but I'm not one of the senior issue editors who can do that.

Anyway, they are much more likely to notice a comment about issue text in that thread than in the Technical forum.

I agree, it needed a fix.

I changed that issue effect.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Return to Technical