NATION

PASSWORD

How to upload waving Flag

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Riaelume Aesjnuth
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

How to upload waving Flag

Postby Riaelume Aesjnuth » Wed May 27, 2015 2:44 am

Hello. So you can make it as is or ripple but how do you make it wave?
Its pronounced "Ray-lum-e Ays-ji-nuth"

BWI
Political Columnist

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BWI » Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am

Automatic Flag Resizing

Your flag will usually be resized to fit within 214x142 pixels. Both height and width must fit, so if, for example, your flag is perfectly square, it will be resized to 142x142. This process also converts animated GIFs into static images.

Exceptions: You can have a bigger flag than usual if its filesize is very small: if it's under 12kB and the image fits within either 428x284 pixels or 107x426 pixels, it won't be resized. Note that 12kB is normally too small for photo-like images (like JPEGs), and only suitable for fairly simple PNGs.

Animated GIFs are possible if the filesize is under 50kB and the image dimensions are no larger than 107x71 pixels. So you can have a small animated GIF so long as the filesize isn't too big. Thumbnails, however, will always be static.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed May 27, 2015 6:31 am

Riaelume Aesjnuth wrote:Hello. So you can make it as is or ripple but how do you make it wave?

I don't believe you can check a "wave" box like you can check "ripple". The only way to have a waving flag is to make a GIF. The guidelines above should be helpful for doing that.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Riaelume Aesjnuth
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Thanks

Postby Riaelume Aesjnuth » Fri May 29, 2015 12:38 am

Okay, thanks.
Its pronounced "Ray-lum-e Ays-ji-nuth"

Bittermanistan
Attaché

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bittermanistan » Fri May 29, 2015 12:41 am

Gifs here usually look pretty bad because they have to be small both in filesize and dimensions. I'd skip it, ripple looks better.
hhhhhhhhhh

Return to Technical