NATION

PASSWORD

New WA Classification

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ulfrzka
Civilian

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Authoritarian Democracy

New WA Classification

Postby Ulfrzka » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:43 am

I think that new WA classifications should be introduced.
Ulfrzka is currently classed as a "Corrupt Dictatorship" but I think that's a little harsh.
Its more of a communist paradise (correct me if that is already a thing).
I'm sure everyone would welcome a reclassification with new classifications introduced.
You could also get issues based off classification.
Any ideas for new ones?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:22 am

The existing set of 27 classifications reflects the nations' relative ratings (high/medium/low) for each of the three main 'freedoms' (Civil, Political, Economic): See http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/UN_Category for details.
There's no obvious or easy way to fit additional categories into that pattern.

However if you go to your nation's Settings page and switch Theme to 'liberal' it will then call your nation -- as that currently stands -- as a "Well-Intentioned Dictatorship" instead.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 am

you could set it up as
0-25%, 26-50%, 51-75%, and 76-100%.
DO that for all of the three...
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 am

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:you could set it up as
0-25%, 26-50%, 51-75%, and 76-100%.
DO that for all of the three...

You mean switch from 3x3x3 to 4x4x4? Leaving aside the fact that the existing system has been in use from the start of NS, so that most people are accustomed to it by now and any such change therefore might attract more opposition than keeping things as they are would do, that would require finding suitable labels for an additional 37 categories!

And anyway, which modified set of Freedom ratings would you consider more suitable than the current label is for the OP's nation, and why? It looks to me as though he's arguing more from an ideological viewpoint rather than on any more objective basis...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 am

Ballo has been receptive to the idea of adding more categories in the past.

Ballotonia wrote:And, yes, I'm willing to implement more categories. It however would require good ideas and reasons why. A mere request for NS to adhere itself to the US definition of Anarchy isn't a good reason. Especially since the site's founder and owner lives in Australia ;)

Return to Technical