NATION

PASSWORD

-Resolved-

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

-Resolved-

Postby Kazmr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:25 pm

RESOLVED

Was doing some stuff on a WFE after update when suddenly a strange bar appeared at the top of the screen. Said 'Telegramming: Deus Tigris. It started all blue, but the red slowly filled up. If I logged out and back in, it continued from the point where I had logged out. If I changed to a different nation, I didn't see it.

I'm using Firefox 33.1, NS++.

Also, may as well also throw it out there that I experienced a strange thing at the end of the update today where from around 58 minutes into update for the next five minutes I could no longer access gameside. Forum loaded, but the sidebar didn't. No pages on the gameside would load. Other people I was updating with didn't experience the issue.
Last edited by Kazmr on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:29 pm

I think that's a normal feature of NS++ if your nation has been selected by someone to send telegrams using the API.

I don't know about the second issue, though. I have yet to experience that myself.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Before the mods say it: NS++ issues in the NS++ thread :P Anyways, it's just the recruitment telegraphing bar. Usually pops up if you're marked down as a recruitment officer. Means your nations is currently being used to send the API tg's for the region's recruitment. In Sicarius, for example, all the upper ranks are officers, though usually Val or I are sending them. Normally I could look at your region's recruitment panel and tell you more confidently, but GCR's have a different message that comes up if you try :P

That's all I can give you, for more you'll have to ask the mods or others actually running it.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Apologies if its NS++, I had no idea whether it was or not.

Could it be that the region had NS++ recruiting already set up or something and that by taking the delegate seat I just automatically was marked to send recruitment TGs? Since I definitely didn't set it myself...
Last edited by Kazmr on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Kazmr wrote:Apologies if its NS++, I had no idea whether it was or not.

Could it be that the region had NS++ recruiting already set up or something and that by taking the delegate seat I just automatically was marked to send recruitment TGs?

Ah, I see it was in Sandbox.

Yeah, likely. I'm fairly certain Delegates and Founders are automatically included, but again ask in the NS++ thread for confirmation :P Doesn't solve your other issue, but it solves one!
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Checked the recruiting bar and looks like this is it, thanks!

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:46 pm

To be clear, the nation of Kazmr was not automatically sending such telegrams. Kazmr's NS++ was automatically sending them, using whatever nation had created the API Template used in the API Recruitment configuration for the region. To send API telegrams 'from' a nation, one does not need to log in as that nation, one only needs the secret key to the particular telegram you're sending.

I will entertain arguments against having Delegates automatically be Recruitment Officers for a region.

My current understanding is that this is helpful rather than inconvenient most of the time.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical