NATION

PASSWORD

Potential bug: "Show mass telegrams" option in Sent folder

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
HMS Unicorn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Potential bug: "Show mass telegrams" option in Sent folder

Postby HMS Unicorn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 am

I'd like to report a behavior in the Sent telegram folder that looks like a bug:

When I click the "Show Mass Telegrams" option in my Sent telegrams, then responses to mass telegrams are also included in the list. For example, if I send a mass telegram and 100 nations respond, then these 100 responses will be included in the "mass telegram" list in "Sent". Even worse, if somebody else sends me a mass telegram and I respond to it, then again my response is listed as a mass telegram.

If this is intended behavior, then I would like to request a change. I think it would make a lot more sense to only list the original mass telegrams and not responses.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 pm

I think this bug might be worse than described above.

When, for example, I look at the "Show Mass Telegrams" filtered list of Sent Telegrams, the first page I return back has the following:

1) 2 telegrams sent to a total of 13 nations between the two (same telegram, but avoided using stamps by limiting the number of recipients per telegram)
2) 4 telegrams sent to tag:api
3) 1 region-wide TG (sent as WA Delegate)
4) 12 other telegrams sent to only one nation. Some were sent in response to a telegram sent only to me (and back and forth with only one recipient per telegram), but some were new telegrams sent out from my nation to another.

I have replied to some responses to mass TGs that I've sent out - including one from an hour or so ago - but that one is not on that list.

I don't claim to be a coding expert, but something seems a bit strange in here.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

HMS Unicorn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby HMS Unicorn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Mouse seems to be correct. I checked my own Sent folder more carefully, and I have many telegrams that have nothing to do with mass-TGs (not even responses to them) listed under the "show mass telegrams" options. As one example, the list includes 50 telegrams I just sent completely manually, without using a template and by visiting each recipient's page one by one.
Last edited by HMS Unicorn on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Technical