NATION

PASSWORD

So I broke the RMB

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

So I broke the RMB

Postby Improving Wordiness » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:13 pm

I was playing with the spoiler tag and created spoiler tags around spoiler tags to demonstrate how to use it.

Code: Select all
[spoiler=How to do a spoiler][spoiler]Put stuff here you want to hide.[/ spoiler][/spoiler]

After I posted that on our RMB things went wahoo. I am using Chrome.

The side bar has gone completely wonkey but only when I am looking at the regional message board. I have to scroll way down to find the side bar.

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Posting again! Fixed. I closed browser window and then returned. Things have normalized again.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Not fixed. I was pre-emptive. It remains broken in forum view for the nation Improving Wordiness.
I switched to my other puppet here to see if it was just on that nation.

On this nation Sichuan Pepper it shows up a random spoiler tag but the side bar is working fine.

Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:14 pm

I knew someone would do that. I just didn't think it would be you. :p

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:11 pm

The Bruce wrote:I knew someone would do that. I just didn't think it would be you. :p

:unsure: It was self defence. The RMB was coming straight for me.

http://www.nationstates.net/region=1000 ... 5#p8613735
This was my post but maybe someone else did it and I found it :)

Usual People In Life
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Usual People In Life » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:45 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:I didn't see your specific post, but I saw this one: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8613635

Not only did it break the RMB, it also broke the Mod Suppress and Mod Delete tools. I can't touch it.

Fris, I find this sort of problem (invisible/broken buttons etc) on quite a few sites - especially older ones which haven't been updated in ages.

I don't know if it'll work, but have you tried accessing the Mod Buttons from the page source within your browser (load page>right click somewhere>View Source)? I've found that on some occasions I've been able to work around broken buttons by searching for the appropriate link within that and clicking the broken button from there.

I don't know if it'll work in your case as I'm not part of the ModHiveMind and can't use Mod tools, but it's worth a try. My other guess would be seeing if Violet, Pythag Ballo, or Salusa could use their tools to zap it?
When is a nation not a nation? When it's a region!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:10 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:I didn't see your specific post, but I saw this one: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8613635

Not only did it break the RMB, it also broke the Mod Suppress and Mod Delete tools. I can't touch it.

I can on mobile browser. If you want me to suppress it, just say so :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical