NATION

PASSWORD

"Heir" Function

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Enfaru wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Luna is neither a mod nor an admin...

Not sure what you mean by loading credits, if you mean the featured region or regional happenings then that is an entirely automated feature that simply reflects their activity.

Enfaru wrote:I'd go with this. It'd take five minutes

But all the mods including Luna are so pro-raider that I've yet to see them implement anything that might hinder the raiders. Heck TBR are included in some of the World Assembly loading credits... >_>

"But all the mods including Luna"

So. All mods...and then we'll also include Luna for good measure, even they're only an issues editor... it's modly enough for me.

As for the loading credits. Go to your nation page. Now go and have a look at your World Assembly Endorsements... yes. That loading text.

That loading text is put there by the NS++ addon, which is written by Afforess. The game itself doesn't actually have that feature.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:25 am

I like this idea a lot. I'd really like to quit NS one day, but I feel like I need to stay in order to justify the money I've spent on stamps over the last year. I don't buy them anymore and doubt I will again. I have to stick around though so that I can protect my "investment".

I don't want to have to give my nation, which I've controlled for over 10 years, to anybody else. I would like to keep the possibility open that I could return some day in a more comfortable role doing something that makes NS fun for me again. The heir system as outlined would do exactly that. i could name a trusted heir, let my nation CTE, then come back later. I could be happy that my region is in capable hands, while still controlling the nation that has been a second identity of mine for over a third of my life.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:39 am

Shizensky wrote:I like this idea a lot. I'd really like to quit NS one day, but I feel like I need to stay in order to justify the money I've spent on stamps over the last year. I don't buy them anymore and doubt I will again. I have to stick around though so that I can protect my "investment".

I don't want to have to give my nation, which I've controlled for over 10 years, to anybody else. I would like to keep the possibility open that I could return some day in a more comfortable role doing something that makes NS fun for me again. The heir system as outlined would do exactly that. i could name a trusted heir, let my nation CTE, then come back later. I could be happy that my region is in capable hands, while still controlling the nation that has been a second identity of mine for over a third of my life.

Great!
But I think we should also allow for the general assembly to vote on who's region gets a new founder
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.
check out my region, here.
Star Wars:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=328953

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:44 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:Great!
But I think we should also allow for the general assembly to vote on who's region gets a new founder

I'd like to keep the WA out of the picture, things are already contrived enough with Liberations. If people are upset that Mall wanted to "Liberate" an RP region, what do you think is going to happen when raiders start nominating founders for founderless regions, especially those from antiquity?

I think the best approach has already been proposed - only active founders can appoint an heir. This doesn't change anything in the current landscape except to introduce a more rewarding regional espionage aspect.

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:57 am

Shizensky wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:Great!

I'd like to keep the WA out of the picture, things are already contrived enough with Liberations. If people are upset that Mall wanted to "Liberate" an RP region, what do you think is going to happen when raiders start nominating founders for founderless regions, especially those from antiquity?

I think the best approach has already been proposed - only active founders can appoint an heir. This doesn't change anything in the current landscape except to introduce a more rewarding regional espionage aspect.

What about a regional assembly?
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:43 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:What about a regional assembly?

The less that needs to be coded for this, the easier the goal will be. I think any regional assemblies would be handled by the members of the region, if they choose that route. It would be just like regional governments - they're not explicitly supported by the game and plenty of regions have them.

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 am

Shizensky wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:What about a regional assembly?

The less that needs to be coded for this, the easier the goal will be. I think any regional assemblies would be handled by the members of the region, if they choose that route. It would be just like regional governments - they're not explicitly supported by the game and plenty of regions have them.

They should create something like nationstates tracker that we can use to build regional assemblies on.
Signed, Creepoc Infinite

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:They should create something like nationstates tracker that we can use to build regional assemblies on.

That's why a lot of us tend to run with offsite forums. The infrastructure already exists, it's up to us to build on top of it. I actually really like the idea that NS itself is incredibly minimalist and that so much of it has been built by the players.

I think that how a region selects its founder's heir should be entirely up to each region to decide. The more the admins do to try to facilitate the process, the more players will be limited in their creativity.

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 am

Sounds like a good idea.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 am

Shizensky wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:They should create something like nationstates tracker that we can use to build regional assemblies on.

That's why a lot of us tend to run with offsite forums. The infrastructure already exists, it's up to us to build on top of it. I actually really like the idea that NS itself is incredibly minimalist and that so much of it has been built by the players.

I think that how a region selects its founder's heir should be entirely up to each region to decide. The more the admins do to try to facilitate the process, the more players will be limited in their creativity.

It would be like offsite forums I.e. Zeta boards
But it would be paired with nationstates and have features that you could use optionally.
Signed, Creepoc Infinite

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical