NATION

PASSWORD

Languages

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Languages

Postby Vancon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 am

I'm curious, does Nation States support other languages? If so, which ones and where do go to change it?

I go to a hardcore french school and English is supposedly the Anti-Christ. I want to be able to play there nevertheless.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 am

So far, nationstates doesn't have any other languages to serve you, the only language is English, so everyone understands. But if you want to speak in your language, there are various thread made speciffically to speak the language. These threads are located in the General.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 am

Estenia wrote:So far, nationstates doesn't have any other languages to serve you, the only language is English, so everyone understands. But if you want to speak in your language, there are various thread made speciffically to speak the language. These threads are located in the General.

English is my first and main language. I was just curious.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:25 am

Vancon wrote:
Estenia wrote:So far, nationstates doesn't have any other languages to serve you, the only language is English, so everyone understands. But if you want to speak in your language, there are various thread made speciffically to speak the language. These threads are located in the General.

Ok, will you please tell if this solved your problem?
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:27 am

Estenia wrote:
Vancon wrote:

Ok, will you please tell if this solved your problem?

You did. I would be nifty though, so that more people from other backgrounds could join up.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:45 am

But then they'd need to find enough suitable & willing people who knew each of the other languages concerned to serve as additional Mods...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:40 am

Admin has made it clear in the past that this is an English language site, and will not be translated into other languages.

I believe there are tools on the net such as Google Translate that will allow you to view the site in the language of your choice. While the translations are imperfect, they're better than anything we could officially provide. Regardless, while you can read in French or Spanish or Swahili all day long, we ask that you post on the forums in English except in the desginated language threads, or your own language-specified region.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am

It's cool. I didn't intend on writing french when only a couple people speak it. I did not know either that this subject had already been addressed.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:17 pm

There are also Non-English tagged regions. I believe Belgium speaks French, Dutch, and German.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Admin has made it clear in the past that this is an English language site, and will not be translated into other languages.

Yes, although that's not a policy but a prediction. If someone wanted to translate the 200,000 words or so of text that comprises NationStates into other languages, and keep translating all the new stuff we added, that would be super. But I don't see it happening.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical