NATION

PASSWORD

[Dilemma] Table weird placement in forum

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Dilemma] Table weird placement in forum

Postby Riftend » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:03 am

I like to think that I'm very good at formatting in dispatches....so I would think im pretty decent in the forums too. However i'v reached a problem: Really Confusing Problem

At the bottom I put a table in. I have tried having a line between the paragraph of text and the table, having them in the same line or having them one under another and I can't get it too work. It's halfway down the dispatch...anyone have a solution? :unsure:
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:17 am

Get rid of the carriage returns within your tablet formatting. The code system, for some reason, adds the carriage return you have after each cell/line above the table.

Makes it ... complicated to update tables, of course, without the carriage returns to make scanning through for whatever info you have to update simpler. If you're planning to edit the table semi-frequently, I'd suggest saving the coding in a Word doc or something.

However: removing the carriage returns in there should take care of it entirely.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:59 am

Mousebumples wrote:Get rid of the carriage returns within your tablet formatting. The code system, for some reason, adds the carriage return you have after each cell/line above the table.

Makes it ... complicated to update tables, of course, without the carriage returns to make scanning through for whatever info you have to update simpler. If you're planning to edit the table semi-frequently, I'd suggest saving the coding in a Word doc or something.

However: removing the carriage returns in there should take care of it entirely.

Will do. Danke :)
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Return to Technical