NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:41 pm

New Release:

Version 2.3.0
  • Add convenient ban management tools for regional executives
  • Add option to hide "Dispatches" from the sidebar
  • Add option to customize Author post highlighting colors & transparency
  • Sidebar will shrink to fit smaller height screens
  • Fix bug with issue selections not taking effect
  • Add rss link on fancy dossier page
  • Minor tweaks & improvements
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:New Release:

Version 2.3.0
  • Add convenient ban management tools for regional executives
  • Add option to hide "Dispatches" from the sidebar
  • Add option to customize Author post highlighting colors & transparency
  • Sidebar will shrink to fit smaller height screens
  • Fix bug with issue selections not taking effect
  • Add rss link on fancy dossier page
  • Minor tweaks & improvements

Is it up yet? :P

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:10 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Is it up yet? :P

Online and available for all platforms.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Tiberium Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiberium Imperium » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Whenever I am on the forums my flag seems to disappear. Is that apart of the program or is my computer just glitchy (we have a huge snow storm here so the internet is crap)?
Aleksandra Šeštinės, Member of the -Civic--Union- the choice for change!

Call me Tiberium, Tibs, Tib or Mr. T.

I am desperately in love with Béyonce...

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Tiberium Imperium wrote:Whenever I am on the forums my flag seems to disappear. Is that apart of the program or is my computer just glitchy (we have a huge snow storm here so the internet is crap)?

It should only disappear if your browser window is not tall enough to show the entire sidepanel. Try maximizing the window and refreshing your nation page and it should re-appear.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Is it up yet? :P

Online and available for all platforms.

Thanks. Everything works perfectly, and I can see the latest topics just fine.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Tiberium Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiberium Imperium » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Tiberium Imperium wrote:Whenever I am on the forums my flag seems to disappear. Is that apart of the program or is my computer just glitchy (we have a huge snow storm here so the internet is crap)?

It should only disappear if your browser window is not tall enough to show the entire sidepanel. Try maximizing the window and refreshing your nation page and it should re-appear.

Thanks! ;)
Aleksandra Šeštinės, Member of the -Civic--Union- the choice for change!

Call me Tiberium, Tibs, Tib or Mr. T.

I am desperately in love with Béyonce...

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:44 pm

One Question, Do you have to Update this Manually?..

Leningrad Union
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Has anyone used this on a microsoft surface tablet? If so, how is the performance?

Leningrad Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 pm

The United Motherland wrote:One Question, Do you have to Update this Manually?..

Nej.

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:
The United Motherland wrote:One Question, Do you have to Update this Manually?..

Nej.

Got it.

Leningrad Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 pm

The United Motherland wrote:
Leningrad Union wrote:Nej.

Got it.

Always happy to help. :)

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:
Got it.

Always happy to help. :)

Hey, Its at least better to see a Fimilar Face ;D

Leningrad Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:Always happy to help. :)

I'll admit, it was a coincidence seeing you post right there. xD

The United Motherland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Motherland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:

I'll admit, it was a coincidence seeing you post right there. xD

Yep.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Just as an FYI, for those who use Dark, I've found that a good color/transparency combination is #8888AA, and 0.40.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Lord Whorfin
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Whorfin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Gotta say I love this NS++, howevva....

When you click on a nation, or region in your dossier it opens a new tab for said region/nation, but also opens a big box under the region/nation on dossier page saying that they don't exist.

When I close Firefox, and log on again none of the puppets in the puppets list (top right corner) are there. Yes, browser kills all cookies after closing. Soooo... we have to have perma cookies to keep this list from log in to log in?

My nation flag in the sidebar appears/disappears seemingly at random from page change to page change...bug, or feature?

It's been a wee big pain in the butt-ocks to keep resetting Firefox to get NS++ to work. Requiring me to reinstall all my addons...particular when updated version of NS++ comes out.

Maybe a FAQ so we don't have to wade through 22+ pages of "ok, I found it" :)

That's my beeootching, now roses- I love the look, feel, and constant new features, kudos for the hard work, I've done a bit of coding for my forum, so I appreciate what goes into even a simple feature, testing, testing, crap, do it again....Thanks.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Lord Whorfin wrote:Gotta say I love this NS++, howevva....

When you click on a nation, or region in your dossier it opens a new tab for said region/nation, but also opens a big box under the region/nation on dossier page saying that they don't exist.

You can click anywhere inside the list of nation boxes to open their page, not just the name.

Lord Whorfin wrote:When I close Firefox, and log on again none of the puppets in the puppets list (top right corner) are there. Yes, browser kills all cookies after closing. Soooo... we have to have perma cookies to keep this list from log in to log in?

NS++ does not use cookies. NS++ uses your browser localStorage, which persists even if you close it. It sounds like you have set up special settings to clear this. Turn those off... I can't fix this, unless you think sending my server a list of your passwords is a good idea. :palm:

Lord Whorfin wrote:My nation flag in the sidebar appears/disappears seemingly at random from page change to page change...bug, or feature?

Feature - it displays based on whether your screen has enough height to display it.

Lord Whorfin wrote:It's been a wee big pain in the butt-ocks to keep resetting Firefox to get NS++ to work. Requiring me to reinstall all my addons...particular when updated version of NS++ comes out.

I test updates on my local Firefox install and I have not had to reset Firefox to install updates.

Tessen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tessen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Tessen wrote:I understand; that is indeed practical. It's unfortunate, though, that it now forces my region to abandon our own creative and practical way of organizing our newspaper. We were just establishing the system where each column represented another "section" of the paper. The left column was for politics and current events, the center column was for culture, sports and the like, while the third column was yet another category of articles. For our roleplay region, that really was an efficient format. Now, we no longer have the ability to pursue that kind of creative organization.

Perhaps you'd consider allowing that as an option again? Not all regions use their newspapers the same way.

Let's trade. Next update, I'll add an to override the column. You can use this to force certain items into a specific column. In return, you add a link pointing to the OP of this thread, named NS++ on your regions WFE. Deal?

Sadly, I've come up against the WFE text limit with the information I already have in our regional WFE (region= American Union). It's a challenge trying to find a way to add more info to the WFE, without deleting too much already listed there. However, my region is an EXTREMELY active role-play region. Perhaps one of the most active in the entire game of NationStates. As such, I have regularly been encouraging our 100+ American Union nations to install NS++. Right now, a large percentage of the nations have indeed installed NS++ and make use of its features on a daily basis. Since I cannot add much to our WFE due to the NS space limits, would the regular telegram encouragements I've been sending out count instead? :)

Director of the American Union and American Independent States roleplay regions.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Tessen wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:
Let's trade. Next update, I'll add an to override the column. You can use this to force certain items into a specific column. In return, you add a link pointing to the OP of this thread, named NS++ on your regions WFE. Deal?

Sadly, I've come up against the WFE text limit with the information I already have in our regional WFE (region= American Union). It's a challenge trying to find a way to add more info to the WFE, without deleting too much already listed there. However, my region is an EXTREMELY active role-play region. Perhaps one of the most active in the entire game of NationStates. As such, I have regularly been encouraging our 100+ American Union nations to install NS++. Right now, a large percentage of the nations have indeed installed NS++ and make use of its features on a daily basis. Since I cannot add much to our WFE due to the NS space limits, would the regular telegram encouragements I've been sending out count instead? :)

You can save a ton of space without changing anything. Start using a url shorterner - saving you lots of space on those long urls.

Tessen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tessen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:13 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Tessen wrote:

You can save a ton of space without changing anything. Start using a url shorterner - saving you lots of space on those long urls.

I would prefer to be transparent and allow others to see the URLs of the links I post in our WFE. Why not just include the formatting option as a regular option for any NS newspaper? If you're able to add it as an override for me, surely you can remove it as an option for those who you've noted have misused the format feature in the past?

Director of the American Union and American Independent States roleplay regions.

Venico The Night Father
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico The Night Father » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:27 am

I need my flag back on the sidebar. Is there anyway to get it to stick there permanently again? >.> You got me addicted.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:47 am

Tessen wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:

I would prefer to be transparent and allow others to see the URLs of the links I post in our WFE.

Fair enough. Some of your space on the WFE is used to link to factbooks. You can actually "pin" any dispatches, including factbooks to the WFE, without using your character count. That would give you the room you need too.

Tessen wrote:Why not just include the formatting option as a regular option for any NS newspaper? If you're able to add it as an override for me, surely you can remove it as an option for those who you've noted have misused the format feature in the past?

I was going to add it for all regions, not just you. ;)

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Tessen wrote:Sadly, I've come up against the WFE text limit with the information I already have in our regional WFE (region= American Union).

This is incorrect, as NScode doesn't count towards WFE length. It doesn't matter how long your URLs are, so long as you put them in an [ url ] token.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:31 pm

[violet] wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:You can save a ton of space without changing anything. Start using a url shorterner - saving you lots of space on those long urls.

This is incorrect, as NScode doesn't count towards WFE length. It doesn't matter how long your URLs are, so long as you put them in an [ url ] token.

Really? I stand corrected. I remember at one point time bbcodes mattered.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical