NATION

PASSWORD

New TG system: Q&A Thread

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 am

1. Go to your telegram page.
  2. Click on the "+ New Telegram" button at the top page.
  3. A whole telegram box appears. On the right-hand side of the "To:" box is a faint, gray plus sign (+).
  4. Click on the symbol (+).
  5. A new set of selections should appear. Click on the "Special" button in the "Add:" section. A drop-down menu appears immediately to the right of it.
  6. Select whoever you would like to recruit.
  7. Immediately below this menu is a check box. Click on the box.
  8. It should be on the "recruitment" option by default. If not, change it to "recruitment."

This should be all. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Fermner
Civilian

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fermner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:30 pm

If there is no founder in a region, does the delegate have to wait 26 hours to send a mass tg? i.e. in a Feeder

Daynor
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 pm

I could have sworn when I was in my sent box the other day I clicked a button to find all of the telegram tags/templates I made, and hid all of the telegrams I sent to nations directly. Now, I can't find a show template button... Does this exist or am I crazy? And if I'm crazy and I didn't already do it, can we have it! :P
Young Libertarian Conservative
Political Compass: (2.63,-1.44)
Delegate of the Conservative Coalition
Ambassador Franklin Tanner
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:17 am

Fermner wrote:If there is no founder in a region, does the delegate have to wait 26 hours to send a mass tg? i.e. in a Feeder

Yes.
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 am

Is there any particular reason why the %NATION% code cannot be made to work with all Telegrams? I ask as it would save me a good five/ten seconds a TG; I do all mine manually and anything to make it slightly less monotonous would be appreciated.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

How long are we banned from the API if we exceed the telegram limit? I accidently exceeded the limit during testing, and have not been able to use the API for some time.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Chasrabidus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chasrabidus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:33 pm

(hope this hasn't been covered already)
As a regional delegate, I can send a mass telegram to my region for free. Is there a way to further narrow the telegram to go only to WA members within the region?
Proud Shareholder and DoPR of Region Inc (has nothing to do with drugs, I swear).

Eldarion Telcontar
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Can the April Fools joke be a more reasonable rate limit? :D
Augustus Anumia

King-Emeritus of Ainur

Ashton Mercer wrote:Some college could do an entire study of the social interactions of Ainur for a decade and get nowhere.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 pm

When writing telegrams, I have come to a bit of an annoying little quirk that has forced me to rewrite some larger telegrams. I could probably write them in Word, but perhaps there would be a way to fix it on NS?

Basically, my problem is this:

Say I have a telegram that I'm writing. I then want to check another telegram just for reference. I often find myself doing this, for example, when answering questions from new players when it becomes a conversation, and I want to refresh myself with what they said earlier.

Now, if I then go back to the first TG and click it, the text is still there. However, I have found myself accidentally clicking on a one of the nation names, in which case I lose everything I have written. Normally, at least in my browser Firefox, if I were to go back to a page the text I types in would still be there. However, it seems that leaving the TG page closes the reply text box, which removes everything I had previously typed.

Would there be some way to change this?

Here is an illustrated version of what I'm talking about:

I then go back to the Telegram page.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Coffee and Crack
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee and Crack » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Maybe I missed a post, but I'm confused how stamps will work for recruiting..

Does it automatically telegram new/refounded nations within a certain timeframe? If so, how long does it last or how many nations does it target?
Does it just target already created nations? If so, are there any protections against sending the same nation a recruitment telegram twice?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Coffee and Crack wrote:Does it automatically telegram new/refounded nations within a certain timeframe? If so, how long does it last or how many nations does it target?
Does it just target already created nations? If so, are there any protections against sending the same nation a recruitment telegram twice?

There will probably be a full explanation when Mass TGs via stamps are activated. Most of your questions have obvious answers, once you compose a New Telegram and click the + sign next to the address box. Your choose to send X TGs to X nations, depending on your selection from the Special menu. They stop sending when you've reached X nations.

Automatic filters prevent nations from receiving more than one recruitment TG from a given region in a set period. I believe the current value is 28 days.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Will there be a way to make special mailing lists?

Furthermore, will it be possible for mass TGs to be sent to new nations in a specific feeder? I think it would be nice if the feeders could automatically telegram their new nations without having to contact nations from other feeders.
Retired

Nevthronia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevthronia » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Automatic filters prevent nations from receiving more than one recruitment TG from a given region in a set period. I believe the current value is 28 days.

Do the same filters apply to manual recruitment?

If so, I congratulate [violet] and everyone else involved in the development of the new TG system for another masterstroke; if not, I'd highly recommend doing so -- it shouldn't be that difficult, since recruitment TGs are categorized now, and it would eliminate accidental double TGs (which are a major concern, particularly in regions with multiple recruiters or newb recruiters).

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 am

Nevthronia wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Automatic filters prevent nations from receiving more than one recruitment TG from a given region in a set period. I believe the current value is 28 days.

Do the same filters apply to manual recruitment?

As long as they check the "Recruitment" box on the TG, yes.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Randy F Marsh
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Randy F Marsh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 pm

When will stamps be available? Do I need a stamp to send somebody a telegram?
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

Lord Kandar
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Kandar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Thank you for the help.
Come and join Helix.

Come and enjoy the delights of the Black Gate! And don't forget to check out the fiery flaming pit of Mount Doom and the barren wastelands that surround it!

Heraclius (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraclius (Ancient) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Has this been looked into -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=234516

I'm almost certain that Telegrams are vanishing. If you log into a nation and look at the telegrams and then log back in several hours later then several Telegrams have gone. The NationStates Welcoming telegram has also vanished from 15-20 puppet nations I created, and I most certainly did not go into every single puppet and delete them individually and the message doesn't expire to the best of my knowledge.
Last edited by Heraclius (Ancient) on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm

I know when I have gotten too many messages in my inbox it warns me some will be deleted...perhaps this is happening?

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Heraclius wrote:Has this been looked into -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=234516

I'm almost certain that Telegrams are vanishing. If you log into a nation and look at the telegrams and then log back in several hours later then several Telegrams have gone. The NationStates Welcoming telegram has also vanished from 15-20 puppet nations I created, and I most certainly did not go into every single puppet and delete them individually and the message doesn't expire to the best of my knowledge.

I seem to have lost a TG that I received from Solm several hours ago, and I can't recall deleting it (perhaps I did by mistake?)

I know it can't be overflow, especially since I paid for the upgrade to an unlimited inbox.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Nullarni
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nullarni » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:I seem to have lost a TG that I received from Solm several hours ago, and I can't recall deleting it (perhaps I did by mistake?)

I know it can't be overflow, especially since I paid for the upgrade to an unlimited inbox.

Actually, I think the very same Solm TG disappeared from my inbox as well. I thought I just accidentally deleted it until I saw your post... So I guess that confirms it is a bug and that it is somehow connected to the same TG across multiple inboxes.
Proud founder of the NEW WARSAW PACT. Visitors welcome.

Heraclius (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraclius (Ancient) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Leutria wrote:I know when I have gotten too many messages in my inbox it warns me some will be deleted...perhaps this is happening?

Nope, the inbox were at best halfway full.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 am

Would it be possible to add in a feature that cleans your deleted items box completely in one go?

Former English Colony
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Former English Colony » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 am

I have had a "new" telegram for awhile now and I don't have any TGs that I haven't read. How do I get rid of the bold and (1)?
I R ERAS

Luxativia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxativia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Former English Colony wrote:I have had a "new" telegram for awhile now and I don't have any TGs that I haven't read. How do I get rid of the bold and (1)?

This means that there is a telegram that you haven't read.

Assuming you have the default telegram system, there's three folders:
  • Inbox
  • Sent
  • and your Archives

I'm guessing it's not in inbox due to the fact the fact that you think you don't have one. So double check your archives.

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Nullarni wrote:
United Gordonopia wrote:I seem to have lost a TG that I received from Solm several hours ago, and I can't recall deleting it (perhaps I did by mistake?)

Actually, I think the very same Solm TG disappeared from my inbox as well. I thought I just accidentally deleted it until I saw your post... So I guess that confirms it is a bug and that it is somehow connected to the same TG across multiple inboxes.

:( I have successful delivery reports for both of these TGs: ID: 1696108

Would be really awesome if that could be fixed. Would hate it if all my TGs were deleted :(

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical