NATION

PASSWORD

Aggregate RMB Idea

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Horak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Aggregate RMB Idea

Postby Horak » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello Administrative Overlords,

I was bumming around nationstates and found it regrettable that most of my usual hangouts were pretty sleepy on the RMB.
So then I thought wouldn't it be cool if there was one RMB on the World page, that showed the lastest RMB posts, from all regions. So not only would it be a weird conversation because you'd see a bunch of posts from different RMBs stacked up but it could take a poor wanderer right to where the festival is.

Anyway I thought it was a nice idea. If you don't like it, I know a very tasty muffin that I will be happy to offer as a sacrifice to satisfy you.

Your humble slave and admirer,

Horak
Muffins are tasty.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

That'd be cool. And region active on the RMB could get some publicity. I like it!
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Might that lead to regions advertising on their own RMBs? Would we then have to put a limit on how often they could do that...?
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Please believe me when I tell you that you DO NOT WANT a general aggregate listing. One of the regions we've been keeping an eye on has an average of 5 nonsense posts a minute from Junior High students. I don't know how many of our 9,487 regions have that level of activity, but you would drown in the spam in mere minutes.

What you should really be asking for is an RSS feed for regions you want to follow. Use an RSS aggregater to get exactly the feed you want. I don't know if it's possible, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Please believe me when I tell you that you DO NOT WANT a general aggregate listing. One of the regions we've been keeping an eye on has an average of 5 nonsense posts a minute from Junior High students. I don't know how many of our 9,487 regions have that level of activity, but you would drown in the spam in mere minutes.

>.> Is it sad that I know exactly which region you're talking about?

Frisbeeteria wrote:What you should really be asking for is an RSS feed for regions you want to follow. Use an RSS aggregater to get exactly the feed you want. I don't know if it's possible, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Well... can we have it?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Well... can we have it?

Not from me. My knowledge of RSS barely covers knowing the initials. I'd suggest a new thread here with that in the title. Let's see if one of the admins bites.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Well... can we have it?

Not from me. My knowledge of RSS barely covers knowing the initials. I'd suggest a new thread here with that in the title. Let's see if one of the admins bites.

Okie dokie.
*casts a line out*
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical