NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Planeia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:55 pm

This is beautiful, thank you!
Paradise has Fallen

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:57 pm

:clap: Well done.
Last edited by Eaglleia on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

NationStates++ | FireFox & Chrome Extension for NationStates

Postby Parhe » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Afforess wrote:Currently only for Chrome users, I want to make sure both features are working before updating Firefox, since this is a rather big update. If all is well, Firefox will have 1.8 tomorrow.

Version 1.8
  • Fixed GA/WA proposal tables appearing squished
  • Fixed Settings not working when forum sidebar is disabled
  • Settings/Issue choices sync across browsers & computers
  • Easy puppet-switcher added

The only data synced between machines is any settings from the settings menu, and your issue choices. Nothing else.

The puppet switcher is not synced (because if it was, I could see your passwords).

How many puppets can be done in the puppet switcher? Is it unlimited?
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 pm

I just noticed that it adds a little number next to the "quote" button in the forums. Anyway to fix that?
Last edited by Eaglleia on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Furry Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Furry Alliance » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 pm

I can't do much but have a thanks and a imaginary cookie since codings hard work and takes a lot out of a person don't let yourself get burnt out.
Past-A small island nation of warrior monks
Modern-continent sized nation Run by Scholars.
Futuristic-Star sized mobile station that travels the multiverse run by scientists.
Pros-Science and democracies,USA(mostly),Atheism,Blueberries.
Cons-Religon,Monarchy,Cherries,

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Eaglleia wrote:I just noticed that it adds a little number next to the "quote" button in the forums. Anyway to fix that?

Forum settings, uncheck the box for "show post number".
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Eaglleia wrote:I just noticed that it adds a little number next to the "quote" button in the forums. Anyway to fix that?

Forum settings, uncheck the box for "show post number".

Thanks.

Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Parhe wrote:How many puppets can be done in the puppet switcher? Is it unlimited?

No technical limit. After a few hundred it will likely go off the screen and you won't be able to add more. I plan on adding a way to scroll for the crazy people here with thousands.
Minister of the Interior, Capitalist Paradise

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:48 pm

So far so good with 1.8

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 am

This Puppets thing is a godsend.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:39 am

Thafoo wrote:This Puppets thing is a godsend.

I had no idea how handy it would be until I started using it too. I'm guessing this is going to become a de-facto raiding/defending tool? 8)

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:40 am

Afforess wrote:
Thafoo wrote:This Puppets thing is a godsend.

I had no idea how handy it would be until I started using it too. I'm guessing this is going to become a de-facto raiding/defending tool? 8)

I'm sure it will. Now I can make puppets without the fear that they'll end up CTE'ing.

Briannia
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Briannia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 am

Thafoo wrote:
Afforess wrote:

I'm sure it will. Now I can make puppets without the fear that they'll end up CTE'ing.

Defending tool? You know, I think you are correct about that. I was just goibg to use it for my rps, but yes, defiantly great for counter-raids

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:If possible, could you add a function which tells you what forum and what thread you've posted the most in? We had that once as a normal feature, I recall.

Just so the idea doesn't get missed.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:If possible, could you add a function which tells you what forum and what thread you've posted the most in? We had that once as a normal feature, I recall.

Just so the idea doesn't get missed.

you post suggestions here

http://afforess.uservoice.com/forums/21 ... ionstates-
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:38 pm

I saw a suggestion for this to be available for Safari. That would be awesome.
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Added. You have to hover over the name of the puppet. Let me know if it's too annoying.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Zocra wrote:I saw a suggestion for this to be available for Safari. That would be awesome.

Planned, just been procrastinating because adding another browser means a lot more work :/

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:14 am

I added some more advanced settings for puppets, should be visible to everyone. Also, I fixed it so that after you enter a new puppet nation, it returns your cursor to the nation field so you can quickly type in lots of nations, if needed.

As usual, the best place to suggest ideas or vote up features is here: http://afforess.uservoice.com/forums/21 ... ionstates-

If I don't see it there, I often miss is and I can't tell how many people are interested.

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:46 am

Zocra wrote:I saw a suggestion for this to be available for Safari. That would be awesome.

Oh, yes, please.
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:58 am

My god, this is amazing... Thank you so much.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | Wiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 am

I got a suggestion: why not remove the infinite scroll?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 am

Luziyca wrote:I got a suggestion: why not remove the infinite scroll?

Why would I do that? I like it. If you don't like it, you can disable it in the settings. Uncheck 'Scrolling Message Board'.
Last edited by Afforess on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:46 am

Afforess wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I got a suggestion: why not remove the infinite scroll?

Why would I do that? I like it. If you don't like it, you can disable it in the settings. Uncheck 'Scrolling Message Board'.

Thanks. Otherwise, it is perfect.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Afforess wrote:

Added. You have to hover over the name of the puppet. Let me know if it's too annoying.

I can't see it. Do you mean I need to go to my nation page, put my mouse on "puppets" and then hover over their names? Or do you mean something else?
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical