NATION

PASSWORD

Issues Contest Winners

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Sirocco
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Issues Contest Winners

Postby Sirocco » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:34 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who entered! Over the last two months I've received 58 entries, and from those I have selected three winners.

But first, I'll announce the winner of the badge-making contest:

Charlotte Ryberg for her entry here:

Well done, Charlotte Ryberg! You win a custom forum title. Feel free to post what title you'd like and I'll pass the message on to Reploid Productions.

The standard was really quite high, so I'd like to give out some honourable mentions to those who showed real potential, if not enough to win an editing position. These go to, in no particular order,

Drakonian Imperium
Midlauthia
I V Stalin
Archerok

Now, on to the winners! Our brand new, rosy-cheeked issue editors are, in no particular order,

Kandarin
Responsible
Glen-Rhodes

Congratulations, you three! Once I'm back from my holiday I'll give you all some guidelines and your new badges. Hopefully we'll be seeing a few more new issues in the near future!

Again, thanks to everyone who entered, it's been very entertaining reading your entries.
Last edited by Sirocco on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: Issues Contest Winners

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:53 am

Thank you, Sirocco.

Hello, I am honoured to have been selected as the designer of the Issues editor badge and I would like to warmly congratulate all of the entrants of the contest for giving their wonderful ideas. In addition I would like to congratulate Max Barry, as always, for having made the magic of NationStates possible and to the game team: technicians, admins and moderators for keeping the game in great shape. Special thanks to Sirocco for making the contest possible and to Pythagosaurus for quashing the bugs out.

The custom member title for my wonderful nation of Charlotte Ryberg reflects on my love of world culture and the locality of Devon, the latter which I will miss next year as I am planning to move to London for my university degrees. Charlotte Ryberg, was founded to represent, as best as possible, the freedom of expression, the beauty of world cultures and the success of a local economy, all looked after by an ordinary everyday woman called Charlotte Ryberg. The customizable fields of her nation reflect on the countries I dream of going: the Berlin bear of Berlin and its wonderful underground system, the tala of the colourful nation of Samoa and its wonderful beaches and a good democracy, sadly still a dream of many real people in authoritarian states. Having considered the above, the custom member title for the Mind of Charlotte Ryberg will be:

The Muse of the Westcountry

In Ancient Greece, Muses are the goddesses or spirits who inspire the creation of literature and the arts.

Once again, thank you very much for the success of NationStates.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm I required to give an acceptance/thank you speech? :\

If so, I thank fat people and welfare abusers. Sirocco should get the joke. :)

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 am

I thank fat people and welfare abusers

Can't wait to get the issue !
Last edited by Unibot on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Got Issues?