NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 pm

I think that this statement is signed by the person who was still the illegal, rogue Delegate of The South Pacific less than two weeks ago really says it all, and makes anything else The Pacific has to say ring rather hollow.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Fri May 10, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B Wolf
Attaché

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby B Wolf » Sat May 11, 2013 12:18 am

Cormac Stark wrote:I think that this statement is signed by the person who was still the illegal, rogue Delegate of The South Pacific less than two weeks ago really says it all, and makes anything else The Pacific has to say ring rather hollow.

Your stupidity is giving me vertigo.

So let me get this straight, because the statement is signed by the guy who couped and duped an established GCR and held it longer than anyone expected, leveraging massive resources and defeating your own forces, the statement now rings hollow?

Seems to me the fact that that guy is the one signing the statement makes it everything other than hollow. Talk is cheap in this game, this is a guy who has actually gone out and smashed heads against all odds. Seems like you should take him seriously.

The only thing hollow is your labels - illegal and rouge.

Nothing more than defender/GCR-security jargon. He got in the seat and stayed their despite your efforts, and influence rather than any oppositional GP-prowess was his undoing.

But really, the audacity to claim he is a hollow actor after all he has done because he is "illegal" and "rouge" - HELLO, that doesn't actually mean anything. It's just propaganda.

It would be hollow if they got some noob to sign the statement. Instead they got the guy behind the biggest GP event of the year.

I will stop the rant now but it is just hilarious to me you accuse someone of being hollow based on acts which are in fact-GP accomplishments, and your rationalization for this is in fact, itself couched in hollow words that don't actually mean anything outside of your little propagandist bubble.

If I'm in the delegacy there is nothing rogue or illegal about it, the game allows it. You're just coming up with words to try to justify the fact that you got your ass handed to you for however many days it was before Milo ran out of influence.
He loves me
He loves me not
He loves me
He loves me not

Pupils on flyby when I saw her
Some kind of mind-myth I was on her
My
Andromeda, but feel me it was a trap
She got me chained up got my mind snapped
Didn't realize I ain't got the size to save her
Now she's the monster ~ I'm wishing I could defy time
But like Heraclitus said, "That shit don't rhyme!"
Banned from the North Pacific and North Pacific -Zemnaya Svoboda is on my nuts.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat May 11, 2013 12:29 am

The fact that The Pacific's statement about how we shouldn't be annoyed with The Pacific for their in/actions regarding the Milograd coup was signed by Milograd essentially underlines why we are annoyed with The Pacific, and makes the content of the statement ironic at best.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

B Wolf
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby B Wolf » Sat May 11, 2013 12:38 am

Belschaft wrote:The fact that The Pacific's statement about how we shouldn't be annoyed with The Pacific for their in/actions regarding the Milograd coup was signed by Milograd essentially underlines why we are annoyed with The Pacific, and makes the content of the statement ironic at best.

While this explanation is at least sensible whereas Cormac's was obscenely obtuse, I think you may be again missing the mark.

I think at the end of the day you are being clowned, and are being clowned by a lot of people. The problem is you don't seem to get that or understand that. Fundamentally the TSP-forum brigade needs to cut the reactive outrage, learn some humility, and seek to earn respect.

Your entire forum apparatus got its ass handed to it by Milo during the coup, and everyone saw it. You got shown up.

And now you want to complain about statements. It's like if the Miami Heat crush the Knicks, and the next day Carmelo Anthony gets on twitter and complains about Dwayne Wade's outfit.

That makes Carmelo Anthony look like an asshole, like he can't get over the loss, and instead of getting in the gym or working on his shooting, he's getting fat flaming people on twitter and reminding everyone why he lost to the Heat in the first place.

See what I'm saying? You look petulant.

I'd worry less about TP's statement and worry more about the fact that as far as I can tell, TSP hasn't had any post-coup statement that isn't some boring, empty indictment of the coup itself.

What is the region doing to move forward and be better? Maybe you should focus on that and leave the Pacific alone. Krulltopia is untouchable and is probably clowning you anyway.

It's about as dumb as insulting Dwayne Wade's fashion sense.

The man is sexy as all 8)
Last edited by B Wolf on Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
He loves me
He loves me not
He loves me
He loves me not

My

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat May 11, 2013 12:38 am

Belschaft wrote:The fact that The Pacific's statement about how we shouldn't be annoyed with The Pacific for their in/actions regarding the Milograd coup was signed by Milograd essentially underlines why we are annoyed with The Pacific, and makes the content of the statement ironic at best.

I could say the same thing about the Coalition, though you hid the fact that Antariel, who tried to coup The Pacific, is your Minister of Foreign Affairs by signing your statement as "The Cabinet of The South Pacific".

Regardless, The Pacific has always recognized and valued duality, which is why we didn't aggressively press any concerns about Antariel's presence in TSP; however, if you're going to disregard that courtesy, it's fair game for me to point it out.
Retired

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat May 11, 2013 12:44 am

Milograd wrote:

I could say the same thing about the Coalition, though you hid the fact that Antariel, who tried to coup The Pacific, is your Minister of Foreign Affairs by signing your statement as "The Cabinet of The South Pacific".

Regardless, The Pacific has always recognized and valued duality, which is why we didn't aggressively press any concerns about Antariel's presence in TSP; however, if you're going to disregard that courtesy, it's fair game for me to point it out.

And as you've brought up Antariel up it's only fair for me to point out that when he tried and failed to coup The Pacific our response was to impeach him for Gross Misconduct in office, ban him from the region for three months and ban him from holding government office for a year.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.

B Wolf
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby B Wolf » Sat May 11, 2013 12:49 am

Belschaft wrote:
Milograd wrote:I could say the same thing about the Coalition, though you hid the fact that Antariel, who tried to coup The Pacific, is your Minister of Foreign Affairs by signing your statement as "The Cabinet of The South Pacific".

And as you've brought up Antariel up it's only fair for me to point out that when he tried and failed to coup The Pacific our response was to impeach him for Gross Misconduct in office, ban him from the region for three months and ban him from holding government office for a year.

Oh, so you punished a player that was loyal to your region for attempting to coup another region that, as is now quite evident, doesn't really give a shit about your region anyway.

That seems intelligent.
He loves me
He loves me not
He loves me
He loves me not

My

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat May 11, 2013 1:03 am

Belschaft wrote:
Milograd wrote:I could say the same thing about the Coalition, though you hid the fact that Antariel, who tried to coup The Pacific, is your Minister of Foreign Affairs by signing your statement as "The Cabinet of The South Pacific".

Oh please, Antariel's punishment was something that not many people wanted in the beginning and it was lifted at the very first chance a loophole was found. He still tried to coup The Pacific and we looked past it because we believe in and respect duality, but when you obviously don't do that and try to call us out on nonsense like this, you should expect us to point out the irony that both the FA coordinators of our respective regions tried to coup their counterparts.

You said this:

The fact that The Pacific's statement about how we shouldn't be annoyed with The Pacific for their in/actions regarding the Milograd coup was signed by Milograd essentially underlines why we are annoyed with The Pacific, and makes the content of the statement ironic at best.

It's actually quite reflective of how TSP's relationship with TP, and numerous other places, works; you want to have your cake and eat it too, and you're selfish about it. You're fine with it until it's not you gaining from it. The Pacific handled Antariel's crimes within its own sovereignty and didn't expect any retribution in TSP, and we didn't even use it against TSP in any way, shape, or form, and yet TSP refuses to extend the very same courtesy unto The Pacific. This statement of yours is evidence of that.

That's on your hands, not ours. The Pacific didn't deploy to TSP because we didn't have resources available to do so, and even when we declared our neutrality, TSP, which is a historically neutral region, freaked out and immediately resorted to shutting down relations entirely. It then proceeded to point out that the FA coordinator of The Pacific tried to coup them. The Pacific, on the other hand, has respected TSP's neutrality in the past and had also been very diplomatically accommodating of Antariel's continued presence over there, even though he tried to do to TP exactly what I did to TSP.

The Pacific stands by its belief in the practicality of duality and is disappointed that The South Pacific cannot accept it universally, despite its willingness to do so when it is convenient for them. The South Pacific received a truthful answer about why the NPO wasn't able to deploy to TSP during the coup and chose to assume that it was an NPO conspiracy against them. What we have here is TSP upset because we stayed true to our beliefs, stood by our sovereignty, and didn't have the resources to meaningfully assist them during a coup because it happened at an inconvenient time. It's too bad that TSP can't accept that we did what we could.

Despite the unfortunate and unexpected actions that The South Pacific's leaders have performed here, the New Pacific Order would be interested in re-opening relations provided that their leadership's diplomatic conduct changes for the better. The NPO stands by its desire for feeder solidarity, because unlike some regions, our beliefs do not falter under the weight of foreign pressure.

Ultimately, it's stunning that you're seriously shutting down relations with a longtime ally because we exercised our right to neutrality and had some logistical difficulties during a testing week. TSP has been a neutral region for nearly its entire existence, and yet you've chosen to cry foul because The Pacific exercised its right to remain neutral? Neutrality is inoffensive and yet you're very offended. There is something extremely fishy about that.
Last edited by Milograd on Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Retired

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 am

Milograd wrote:
Belschaft wrote:And as you've brought up Antariel up it's only fair for me to point out that when he tried and failed to coup The Pacific our response was to impeach him for Gross Misconduct in office, ban him from the region for three months and ban him from holding government office for a year.

Oh please, Antariel's punishment was something that not many people wanted in the beginning and it was lifted at the very first chance a loophole was found. He still tried to coup The Pacific and we looked past it because we believe in and respect duality, but when you obviously don't do that and try to call us out on nonsense like this, you should expect us to point out the irony that both the FA coordinators of our respective regions tried to coup their counterparts.

You said this:

It's actually quite reflective of how TSP's relationship with TP, and numerous other places, works; you want to have your cake and eat it too, and you're selfish about it. You're fine with it until it's not you gaining from it. The Pacific handled Antariel's crimes within its own sovereignty and didn't expect any retribution in TSP, and we didn't even use it against TSP in any way, shape, or form, and yet TSP refuses to extend the very same courtesy unto The Pacific. This statement of yours is evidence of that.

That's on your hands, not ours. The Pacific didn't deploy to TSP because we didn't have resources available to do so, and even when we declared our neutrality, TSP, which is a historically neutral region, freaked out and immediately resorted to shutting down relations entirely. It then proceeded to point out that the FA coordinator of The Pacific tried to coup them. The Pacific, on the other hand, has respected TSP's neutrality in the past and had also been very diplomatically accommodating of Antariel's continued presence over there, even though he tried to do to TP exactly what I did to TSP.

The Pacific stands by its belief in the practicality of duality and is disappointed that The South Pacific cannot accept it universally, despite its willingness to do so when it is convenient for them. The South Pacific received a truthful answer about why the NPO wasn't able to deploy to TSP during the coup and chose to assume that it was an NPO conspiracy against them. What we have here is TSP upset because we stayed true to our beliefs, stood by our sovereignty, and didn't have the resources to meaningfully assist them during a coup because it happened at an inconvenient time. It's too bad that TSP can't accept that we did what we could.

Despite the unfortunate and unexpected actions that The South Pacific's leaders have performed here, the New Pacific Order would be interested in re-opening relations provided that their leadership's diplomatic conduct changes for the better. The NPO stands by its desire for feeder solidarity, because unlike some regions, our beliefs do not falter under the weight of foreign pressure.

Ultimately, it's stunning that you're seriously shutting down relations with a longtime ally because we exercised our right to neutrality and had some logistical difficulties during a testing week. TSP has been a neutral region for nearly its entire existence, and yet you've chosen to cry foul because The Pacific exercised its right to remain neutral? Neutrality is inoffensive and yet you're very offended. There is something extremely fishy about that.

Duality is not reality. A distinction cannot be made between the actions of Milograd the TSP rogue delegate and Milograd the newly promoted NPO official. The idea that people are seriously expected to separate the actions of the two is the fantasy of someone desiring to escape the consequences.

The TSP-TP relationship that existed was not one of neutrality. To characterize it as such is misleading. It was one of close friendship, an alliance in all but name. We are shutting down our relations with a long time friend and ally because they failed utterly to act as one. During an incident lasting eleven days The Pacific did not once offer support of any nature. Rather, despite a decade long relationship they declared neutrality whilst NPO officials actively participated in the coup. This in marked contrast to TSP who had in January, when asked for support, deployed the South Pacific army to TP. A friend and ally is expected to act as one, and in this situation TP failed to do so. Yesterday, when I was finally able to speak to Krulltopia, he confirmed to me that even had he had time to address the Milograd coup properly and handle TP's foreign affairs statement personally this would not have been different. The excuse 'We were busy' does not cut it when your leader admits that he wouldn't have supported TSP even if he had time to do so. TP did not lack a capacity to support TSP; it lacked a desire to do so. The time spent drafting a statement of neutrality could have been spent drafting one of support. A choice was made in TP; it carried consequences.

Further, at no point has TSP demanded TP punish or otherwise take action against NPO officials who participated in the coup. To the contrary, it has been made explicitly clear that we are not demanding such. However, TP's internal policy decisions do effect their relations with TSP, and the promotion of Milograd and Karparthos less than two weeks after they led a coup of The South Pacific is not a friendly act. It is, to be frank, a slap in the face; it can only have been conducted with either a gross indifference to TSP or an intentional desire to insult us.
Last edited by Belschaft on Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sat May 11, 2013 6:55 am

Belschaft wrote:
Milograd wrote:Oh please, Antariel's punishment was something that not many people wanted in the beginning and it was lifted at the very first chance a loophole was found. He still tried to coup The Pacific and we looked past it because we believe in and respect duality, but when you obviously don't do that and try to call us out on nonsense like this, you should expect us to point out the irony that both the FA coordinators of our respective regions tried to coup their counterparts.

You said this:

Duality is not reality. A distinction cannot be made between the actions of Milograd the TSP rogue delegate and Milograd the newly promoted NPO official. The idea that people are seriously expected to separate the actions of the two is the fantasy of someone desiring to escape the consequences.

The TSP-TP relationship that existed was not one of neutrality. To characterize it as such is misleading. It was one of close friendship, an alliance in all but name. We are shutting down our relations with a long time friend and ally because they failed utterly to act as one. During an incident lasting eleven days The Pacific did not once offer support of any nature. Rather, despite a decade long relationship they declared neutrality whilst NPO officials actively participated in the coup. This in marked contrast to TSP who had in January, when asked for support, deployed the South Pacific army to TP. A friend and ally is expected to act as one, and in this situation TP failed to do so. Yesterday, when I was finally able to speak to Krulltopia, he confirmed to me that even had he had time to address the Milograd coup properly and handle TP's foreign affairs statement personally this would not have been different. The excuse 'We were busy' does not cut it when your leader admits that he wouldn't have supported TSP even if he had time to do so. TP did not lack a capacity to support TSP; it lacked a desire to do so. The time spent drafting a statement of neutrality could have been spent drafting one of support. A choice was made in TP; it carried consequences.

Further, at no point has TSP demanded TP punish or otherwise take action against NPO officials who participated in the coup. To the contrary, it has been made explicitly clear that we are not demanding such. However, TP's internal policy decisions do effect their relations with TSP, and the promotion of Milograd and Karparthos less than two weeks after they led a coup of The South Pacific is not a friendly act. It is, to be frank, a slap in the face; it can only have been conducted with either a gross indifference to TSP or an intentional desire to insult us.

We don't jump because you ask. Get over it.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay