NATION

PASSWORD

Incomprehensible Nation Classifications

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Intellocracy Utopia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Incomprehensible Nation Classifications

Postby The Intellocracy Utopia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:58 am

Some nation classifications are really unhelpful. What the heck is a New York Times Democracy? What's a Father Knows Best State? Maybe I'm just dumb.
Tired and bored of both the Republicans and the Democrats? Join Americas Third Party!

The Intellocracy Utopia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intellocracy Utopia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:26 am

Dang it! Nobody replied and this topic's off the home screen!
Tired and bored of both the Republicans and the Democrats? Join Americas Third Party!

Beruka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Beruka » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:29 am

The Intellocracy Utopia wrote:Dang it! Nobody replied and this topic's off the home screen!

Please be patient. While I don't know how to answer your question, I'm sure someone out there does.

Edit: A Father Knows Best state is Authoritarian.
Last edited by Beruka on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:54 am

Maybe this will help you.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Ndaku
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ndaku » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:37 am

The Intellocracy Utopia wrote:Some nation classifications are really unhelpful. What the heck is a New York Times Democracy? What's a Father Knows Best State? Maybe I'm just dumb.

Based on how well you know about ideologies, you could classify a New York Times Democracy a moderate centrist government that emphasizes political freedom more than an Inoffensive Centrist Democracy, and a Father Knowns Best State could be a moderate dictatorship that cracks down on political freedom but generally has moderately granted civil rights. It's really based on your perception.
'Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.' (II Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV)

Non-denominational Christian. Savopia is my WA puppet nation. Feel free to telegram me!

Gatito
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gatito » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Furthermore, NS classifications aren't meant to be like standard classifications such as "communist" or "center-right". They have Max's own special kick to them.
Lazarus (Link) citizen
International Northwestern Union (Link) citizen (as Otitag), former 2 time delegate
Central Pacific Empire (Link) citizen (as Octuagesimo Octavo), former assemblyman prior to merger

Egoist, post-left, anarcho-naturist, luddite, apolitical lifestylist
I'm a girl, dammit

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:29 am

And that's even without looking at the 'Conservative' & 'Liberal' themes...
:D
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay