NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal Script Usage "Predator": Punishments

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm

Stellonia wrote:I would like to inquire as to the nature of Texasa/Boscovs' affiliation with DEN. Specifically, what was his rank?

Furthermore, what evidence has been accumulated thus far to show that Texasa was involved in the use of the Predator script?

To answer your first question, he was a private. For the second, the answer is his confession, which was clearly made under duress. There is almost a 0% chance he actually used Predator.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Ovybia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Tue May 31, 2016 7:10 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Stellonia wrote:I would like to inquire as to the nature of Texasa/Boscovs' affiliation with DEN. Specifically, what was his rank?

Furthermore, what evidence has been accumulated thus far to show that Texasa was involved in the use of the Predator script?

To answer your first question, he was a private. For the second, the answer is his confession, which was clearly made under duress. There is almost a 0% chance he actually used Predator.

He told me he was a DEN officer.
Please approve Child Destruction Ban. If you don't, the Ovybian dragon will come eat you.
Prolife? Consider joining Right to Life, one of the 100 largest regions of NS
Signature Details
Practicing courteousness in an NS argument never hurt anyone.
Disclaimer: Admittedly sometimes I need to take my own advice.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Ovybia wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:To answer your first question, he was a private. For the second, the answer is his confession, which was clearly made under duress. There is almost a 0% chance he actually used Predator.

Probably to look better?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Ovybia wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:To answer your first question, he was a private. For the second, the answer is his confession, which was clearly made under duress. There is almost a 0% chance he actually used Predator.

According to DEN's old forum he joined on February 4th and was declared inactive in DEN's War Academy thread by March 8th. He is listed as a private, has made a total of 2 forum posts and never listed a Skype name. As far as I can tell he never actually participated in anything further than piling in an occupation, and I can't even find anything that can confirm whether he did or not.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue May 31, 2016 7:32 pm

Ovybia wrote:

Then he was lying to you.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue May 31, 2016 8:21 pm

I think a better analogy to Texasa's situation would be Miranda v. Arizona.
See You Space Cowboy...

Stellonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Zaolat wrote:
Ovybia wrote:He told me he was a DEN officer.

Probably to look better?

Maybe, However, I'd like to note that his posts suggest a poor command of the English language, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he doesn't understand the exact meaning of the word "Officer."

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Ovybia wrote:He told me he was a DEN officer.

According to DEN's old forum he joined on February 4th and was declared inactive in DEN's War Academy thread by March 8th. He is listed as a private, has made a total of 2 forum posts and never listed a Skype name. As far as I can tell he never actually participated in anything further than piling in an occupation, and I can't even find anything that can confirm whether he did or not.

Could you share his posts with us?

General Knot
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby General Knot » Tue May 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Stellonia wrote:Could you share his posts with us?

There's nothing of note. One of them is an introduction post and the other is his application.
General of the DEN
History will record the DEN as the most notorious, well-organized, and well-disciplined raider army ever to grace the battlefield.

Former Delegate of The West Pacific
World Assembly Resolution Author x4

Stellonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Tue May 31, 2016 10:05 pm

General Knot wrote:
Stellonia wrote:Could you share his posts with us?

There's nothing of note. One of them is an introduction post and the other is his application.

Both would serve as evidence, especially the former.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Stellonia, I do not believe you are a mod. It's not for you to prosecute (or review) this matter.

@Everyone else: Can I just point out that the Mods are, by now, well-aware of the possibility that Texasia has never actually used Predator (despite his confession)? They are no doubt already discussing it.

And obviously, as obvious as this should be, if this wasn't obvious, don't confess to stuff you haven't done, especially not via GHR. The mods are volunteers, and so I don't think they would check admissions or confessions for their truthfulness.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Stellonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Tue May 31, 2016 10:44 pm

Guy wrote:Stellonia, I do not believe you are a mod. It's not for you to prosecute (or review) this matter.

The government of Right to Life has announced its intentions to prosecute Texasa for this incident and for other violations of regional law. The evidence I am seeking might be useful for the judge who will hear RTL v. Texasa.

Zacherie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zacherie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:15 am

Stellonia wrote:The government of Right to Life has <snip> and for other violations of regional law. The evidence I am seeking might be useful for the judge who will hear RTL v. Texasa.

We're not your personal investigators, and this is not a news thread for your region. You got your answer, he was a no-name in DEN who made two posts
General Knot wrote:One of them is an introduction post and the other is his application.

If you absolutely have to know exactly what he said, why not TG this kind individual asking for the plaintext.
Last edited by Zacherie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE JUNTA BABY~!
Frisbeeteria wrote:This is spam hackery.

I'm Vleerian

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:12 am

Luziyca wrote:Let's suppose Tex was able to enlist the help of others to help make his appeal look nice to increase his chances of success.

It probably wouldn't look like a legitimate first-person appeal, but might appear like a third-person appeal.

Why "probably"? I mean I admit that's a genuine possibility if whoever helps the guy is boneheaded, but that seems unlikely. But even if it does look like a third person appeal it wouldn't matter: first of all the moderators are at least partially aware of the circumstances here, so they'd understand why. But beyond that, why would that even be an issue if they were not aware of the circumstances?

I don't even know why you've decided to argue that in the first place. Do you genuinely believe that someone who can't tell the difference between NS++ and Predator will be better off writing their own appeal without anyone to help them?
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:24 am

We Are Not the NSA wrote:For the second, the answer is his confession, which was clearly made under duress.

There wasn't any duress. He volunteered a confession out of the blue.

I repeat my statement that "everything that [Texasa] says should be taken with a grain of salt."
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:08 am

Christian Democrats wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:For the second, the answer is his confession, which was clearly made under duress.

There wasn't any duress. He volunteered a confession out of the blue.

I repeat my statement that "everything that [Texasa] says should be taken with a grain of salt."

By "duress" I meant while he was confused. Suppose I could have phrased that better.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:09 am

Stellonia wrote:
Guy wrote:Stellonia, I do not believe you are a mod. It's not for you to prosecute (or review) this matter.

The government of Right to Life has announced its intentions to prosecute Texasa for this incident and for other violations of regional law. The evidence I am seeking might be useful for the judge who will hear RTL v. Texasa.

This is fine.

The issue is that this is a thread for moderator punishments -- I think RTL regional law, and investigations in furtherance thereof, are a bit out of the scope here. Of course, I'm play-modding myself right now, but I think if it's to everyone's advantage if we separate the two matters.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:21 am

The Dourian Embassy wrote:Can I just suggest to you folks who know this guy that you help this fellow write the appeal? If these circumstances are as you say it seems like that'll help solve the problem.

This would be quite helpful. Keep in mind though that the punished player is the one who must submit the GHR.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:52 am

The Dourian Embassy wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Let's suppose Tex was able to enlist the help of others to help make his appeal look nice to increase his chances of success.

It probably wouldn't look like a legitimate first-person appeal, but might appear like a third-person appeal.

Why "probably"? I mean I admit that's a genuine possibility if whoever helps the guy is boneheaded, but that seems unlikely. But even if it does look like a third person appeal it wouldn't matter: first of all the moderators are at least partially aware of the circumstances here, so they'd understand why. But beyond that, why would that even be an issue if they were not aware of the circumstances?

I don't even know why you've decided to argue that in the first place. Do you genuinely believe that someone who can't tell the difference between NS++ and Predator will be better off writing their own appeal without anyone to help them?

I'm sure the mods would be more likely to believe that it is a first-person appeal if he writes up the GHR himself than if others help write up the GHR.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:49 am

Luziyca wrote:
The Dourian Embassy wrote:

I'm sure the mods would be more likely to believe that it is a first-person appeal if he writes up the GHR himself than if others help write up the GHR.

See Mal's post above
See You Space Cowboy...

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:22 am

Stellonia wrote:

That's ridiculous. The kid has no idea what Predator is. It's partially RTL's fault this happened for helping him think he broke site rules and got his main DEAT and WA banned. I should think you owe him better than a trial for putting him through this.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 am

It's possible that Moderation has failed to punish some Predator users - there was a lot of data to digest, and people could have been missed. Texasa sent us a confession to using it; we asked for clarification on this, and they confirmed the details. The wording of his subsequent appeal hasn't helped his case.

If he truly didn't use Predator, and struggles with written English as much as people have suggested, then he really does need some assistance in crafting a coherent and accurate GHR appeal.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:11 am

Ayvari wrote:It's partially RTL's fault this happened for helping him think he broke site rules and got his main DEAT and WA banned.

If you actually read the thread where he confesses, he's the first person to use the word "Predator," so I'm not sure how anybody else put the idea into his head. It was truly information given spontaneously (OED: performed or occurring as a result of a sudden inner impulse or inclination and without premeditation or external stimulus).

Ayvari wrote:I should think you owe him better than a trial for putting him through this.

It's not really relevant to this thread, but Right to Life common law incorporates NationStates rules. Every time that a region member commits a serious violation of NationStates rules, the regional judiciary gives him a similar punishment on the offsite forums.

Sedgistan wrote:Texasa sent us a confession to using it; we asked for clarification on this, and they confirmed the details.

Well, that's interesting.

Sedgistan wrote:If he truly didn't use Predator, and struggles with written English as much as people have suggested, then he really does need some assistance in crafting a coherent and accurate GHR appeal.

It's not English with which he struggles. See my earlier post: viewtopic.php?p=28911080#p28911080
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:31 am

If he used Predator, which raids did he do? NONE. I've never seen him raiding in DEN. if he 'escaped DEN' and ran to Right to Life..do you think he used Predator then? >_>"

But innocent get punished -.-
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Libetarian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Libetarian Republics » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:49 am

This seems to be a case of serious miscommunications between the player, RTL officials, and moderation. A proper, coherent clarifications amongst the three can probably rectify this situation.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:57 am

Queen Yuno wrote:If he used Predator, which raids did he do? NONE. I've never seen him raiding in DEN. if he 'escaped DEN' and ran to Right to Life..do you think he used Predator then? >_>"

His application for the Right to Life Army was incoherent, so I never accepted it. "Texasa" wasn't his persona in DEN.

Libetarian Republics wrote:This seems to be a case of serious miscommunications between the player, RTL officials, and moderation. A proper, coherent clarifications amongst the three can probably rectify this situation.

I agree. I'm curious what Sedge means when he says that Texasa "confirmed details" about Predator. It's impossible for anyone to help Texasa write an appeal until we know what he told the moderators. If he wants help, he'll have to share that information.
Last edited by Christian Democrats on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay