NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal Script Usage "Predator": Punishments

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:50 pm

What a clusterfuck.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ovybia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:23 pm

Ayvari wrote:That's ridiculous. The kid has no idea what Predator is. It's partially RTL's fault this happened for helping him think he broke site rules and got his main DEAT and WA banned.

I want to make clear that RTL didn't do anything to Texasa. Texasa made a post stating that he used predator and then I was the one who told him to send a confession to the mods which he promptly did. Upon rethinking the situation, I should have realized that he was not capable of using predator (no offense to Texasa) and I doubt DEN would put him in charge of using it. However, at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.
Please approve Child Destruction Ban. If you don't, the Ovybian dragon will come eat you.
Prolife? Consider joining Right to Life, one of the 100 largest regions of NS
Signature Details
Practicing courteousness in an NS argument never hurt anyone.
Disclaimer: Admittedly sometimes I need to take my own advice.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Ovybia wrote:I want to make clear that RTL didn't do anything to Texasa. Texasa made a post stating that he used predator and then I was the one who told him to send a confession to the mods which he promptly did. Upon rethinking the situation, I should have realized that he was not capable of using predator (no offense to Texasa) and I doubt DEN would put him in charge of using it. However, at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

You guys still convinced a guy to confess to a crime he probably didn't commit. Oh, and now you've put him on trial in your region. Not exactly actions that convey the message of "we're sorry about that".

To be honest, I'm sort of surprised this didn't happen sooner. The Mods have been applying harsh indiscriminate punishments to any and all people who admitted to using Predator for any reason, often using the admission of guilt itself as the only evidence of individual rule breaking, and a false confession and punishment was bound to happen. This guy probably believes that any script that DEN was using, legal or otherwise, was Predator.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Ovybia wrote:I want to make clear that RTL didn't do anything to Texasa. Texasa made a post stating that he used predator and then I was the one who told him to send a confession to the mods which he promptly did. Upon rethinking the situation, I should have realized that he was not capable of using predator (no offense to Texasa) and I doubt DEN would put him in charge of using it. However, at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

You guys still convinced a guy to confess to a crime he probably didn't commit. Oh, and now you've put him on trial in your region. Not exactly actions that convey the message of "we're sorry about that".

Those kind of actions remind of characters from this book I have read called the Bible. Primarily, they seem to be giving off a distinct Judas and Pontius Pilate vibe. Which is pretty neat as most people don't create in-game persona's around them.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Ovybia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:You guys still convinced a guy to confess to a crime he probably didn't commit.

It was not "us guys"; it was me. I asked to Texasa once to confess. That's it.

I also want to reiterate something that was noted earlier. Texasa original post mentioning predator was: "I am Used to their Tool Known as Predator, In which produces multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet." (he had no reason to lie at this time since he was the one who brought it up)

To me, it seems like he was referring to NS++ and got them confused. It's doubtful that he would have used predator and not known what it did.
Please approve Child Destruction Ban. If you don't, the Ovybian dragon will come eat you.
Signature Details

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Solorni wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Those kind of actions remind of characters from this book I have read called the Bible. Primarily, they seem to be giving off a distinct Judas and Pontius Pilate vibe. Which is pretty neat as most people don't create in-game persona's around them.

Solorni, this thread is about Predator. It's not for randomly bashing people's religions. :roll:
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Since when does NS++ "produce multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet"?
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:Since when does NS++ "produce multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet"?

Since when does Predator?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:36 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:Since when does NS++ "produce multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet"?

I don't know what Texasa was talking about. Does anybody have a tool that "produces multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet"?
Last edited by Christian Democrats on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:

Damn it, NSA! You beat me to it! Literally word-for-word what I was going to say.

Yeah, you guys clearly didn't think about this much before urging Tex to confess.

Gest II
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gest II » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 pm

It doesn't he probably garbled the instruction we had on puppet building which was use NS++ to make puppets but only one can join the World Assembly.

Come on Right to Life, you know this guy. Don't try to hedge like he might be guilty, you know he's not capable of it. Help him write his appeal, since you put him in this position.
Last edited by Gest II on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:Since when does Predator?

I don't know what Texasa was talking about. Does anybody have a tool that "produces multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet"?

NS++ has a streamlined puppet making system that makes it possible to make several puppets in a very short amount of time. It's used to make puppets in batches when a player requires more puppets in a short amount of time. He probably added the "1 of which is a WA puppet" part to clarify that it wasn't multying.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Solorni wrote:Those kind of actions remind of characters from this book I have read called the Bible. Primarily, they seem to be giving off a distinct Judas and Pontius Pilate vibe. Which is pretty neat as most people don't create in-game persona's around them.

Solorni, this thread is about Predator. It's not for randomly bashing people's religions. :roll:

I was talking about some of the RTL people! Also, what religion am I bashing? After all I am a Catholic who has been baptized and went had my confirmation. So I'm not sure why you think I'm bashing a religion :(
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Ovybia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Yeah, you guys clearly didn't think about this much before urging Tex to confess.

Could you please cut that out! It's not "you guys"; it's me for the tenth time. He said he used predator. It only made sense at the time to politely ask him to confess. I thought the mods would also go easier on him in case someone else filed a GHR after reading the forum (there are dozens of players who view that forum daily, you know).
Signature Details

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Ovybia wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:You guys still convinced a guy to confess to a crime he probably didn't commit.

It was not "us guys"; it was me. I asked to Texasa once to confess. That's it.

I also want to reiterate something that was noted earlier. Texasa original post mentioning predator was: "I am Used to their Tool Known as Predator, In which produces multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet." (he had no reason to lie at this time since he was the one who brought it up)

To me, it seems like he was referring to NS++ and got them confused. It's doubtful that he would have used predator and not known what it did.

Yeah, I found some of your questions to Tex on the Right to Life forum, I find it interesting, Ovybia, that you omitted part of his response to a question you posted here. Specifically:

3. Why did you lie to CoL? [about never using Predator]

Ummm.... I was confused.

So at one point he said he didn't use Predator, but then later somehow got it in his head that he actually did use Predator when he previously thought he didn't, and now he's back to saying he never used Predator. That really sounds like someone who has their story straight and knows what they are talking about, like for sure. >_>
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Folks while the RTL discourse is interesting, it really doesn't belong here at this point.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ovybia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Ovybia wrote:It was not "us guys"; it was me. I asked to Texasa once to confess. That's it.

Yeah, I found some of your questions to Tex on the Right to Life forum, I find it interesting, Ovybia, that you omitted part of his response to a question you posted here. Specifically:

3. Why did you lie to CoL? [about never using Predator]

Ummm.... I was confused.

So at one point he said he didn't use Predator, but then later somehow got it in his head that he actually did use Predator when he previously thought he didn't, and now he's back to saying he never used Predator. That really sounds like someone who has their story straight and knows what they are talking about, like for sure. >_>

There's much more that I omitted including the question that led up to him admitting predator and an entire line of discussion about why he originally "lied." I'm not going to reproduce this entire discussion; I only included what I thought was immediately relevant to the discussion. I invite others to view the forum themselves if they want to see it all.

I also don't know what you mean by "I find it interesting, Ovybia, that you omitted..." I suppose you're trying to insinuate something against me. I do hope you realize that I believe Texasa is innocent and I am trying to resolve this just as much as you are. There's no reason to continue these insults directed at me.

EDIT: Content spoilered in response to moderator post above mine.
Last edited by Ovybia on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Details

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:Since when does Predator?

Damn it, NSA! You beat me to it! Literally word-for-word what I was going to say.

Yeah, you guys clearly didn't think about this much before urging Tex to confess.

"You guys" is one person, who's posted in this thread.

Gest II wrote:Come on Right to Life, you know this guy.

Sort of. He joined the region earlier this year and became a citizen on May 17th.

Solorni wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:Solorni, this thread is about Predator. It's not for randomly bashing people's religions. :roll:

I was talking about some of the RTL people! Also, what religion am I bashing? After all I am a Catholic who has been baptized and went had my confirmation. So I'm not sure why you think I'm bashing a religion :(

Sorry, Rach. :hug:

I misinterpreted your "this book I have read" reference as mockery.
Last edited by Christian Democrats on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution

Zacherie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zacherie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:"You guys" is one person, who's posted in this thread.

Funny enough, the actions of one or two people is enough to get a region deleted. You are your region, and your region messed up. Just be glad you're not getting DEAT and swept.

That aside, is the transparency for the actual predator rulings in the main post that myself, and others, have been asking for being at all humored by moderation?
WELCOME TO THE JUNTA BABY~!
Frisbeeteria wrote:This is spam hackery.

I'm Vleerian

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Zacherie wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:"You guys" is one person, who's posted in this thread.

Funny enough, the actions of one or two people is enough to get a region deleted. You are your region, and your region messed up. Just be glad you're not getting DEAT and swept.

That aside, is the transparency for the actual predator rulings in the main post that myself, and others, have been asking for being at all humored by moderation?

What exactly are you looking for in terms of transparency?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ovybia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Zacherie wrote:

And how exactly did our region "mess up"? Last I checked, reporting suspected illegal activity to the mods was never illegal, much less asking a nation to repeat what they already posted to the mods.
Signature Details

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Zacherie wrote:

What exactly are you looking for in terms of transparency?

It was repeatedly asked and ignored that rulings be broken down much like, say, the recent redtext in the GC thread - by who exactly did what, who used an illegal script, who used it ages so but hasn't in forever, who distributed it, etc...both for the absolute clarity of those warned, and for the community as it tried to decide who was more a victim and who was more responsible.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:What exactly are you looking for in terms of transparency?

It was repeatedly asked and ignored that rulings be broken down much like, say, the recent redtext in the GC thread - by who exactly did what, who used an illegal script, who used it ages so but hasn't in forever, who distributed it, etc...both for the absolute clarity of those warned, and for the community as it tried to decide who was more a victim and who was more responsible.

Ah I see. Well I'll kick this around, but the scale of the investigation might make this more trouble than it's worth on our part.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Zacherie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zacherie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Ah I see. Well I'll kick this around, but the scale of the investigation might make this more trouble than it's worth on our part.

I appreciate the response regardless of the result.
WELCOME TO THE JUNTA BABY~!
Frisbeeteria wrote:This is spam hackery.

I'm Vleerian

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

Ah I see. Well I'll kick this around, but the scale of the investigation might make this more trouble than it's worth on our part.

Thank you. I don't think anyone is asking for anything like specific dates and numbers for every single person, but a general breakdown, even by groups, would be nice. It stems from things like, well, we know for a fact 94 never used predator becuase he was on Mac, but he's warned alongside others who did, and in other cases some people who we thought were about the same got drastically different levels - one talked to you and the other didn't? We don't know everything that happened? Prior history? It's just overall been kind of a step down from the usual level of <quote> "see underlined" <warned for flaming, 3 day ban based on prior history> and all that.

...of course there's the argument that that's not so true for gameside punishments, but these were posted on the forums, so... :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay