NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Central

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

95 block
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 95 block » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:32 pm

We have been extremely busy at Grand Central. If anyone wishes for more information, you can always telegram me on how to get involved. We are now accepting foreign ambassadors to establish interregional relations.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:11 pm

Feux (Honored Lazarian)

Meant to be Dishonoured ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:30 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Feux (Honored Lazarian)

Meant to be Dishonoured ;)

:eyebrow: Yeah.... Not sure how you can honor someone who orchestrates a coup, or gets fired for it failing.

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:58 am

It should be Lazarene, Chingis. I should also be listed as "Pharaoh Emeritus" instead of "Ex-Pharaoh". I thought I told you this before you published it :P
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Dark Robes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Robes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 am

https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_south

The Grand Central Regiment (with support from Hiraeth and Solid Kingdom) have seized the Delegacy of the South, formerly a prominent defender region which once boasted a population of 106 nations.

Regiment:
Private Dark Robes

With support from Solid Kingdom:
General Redsection

With support from Hiraeth:
Krazy Kat Malvacka
Gradea Sanguine
Commanding Officer of the Conch Kingdom Naval Reserve

Australian, social liberal, gender egilitarian, capitalist

Direwolf Defender
Secretary

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Direwolf Defender » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 am

Well that was a long lived raid...

ROM
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ROM » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:20 am

Oh no, you raided a region that is tag raided every other update. How utterly unimportant.
Author of SC Resolution #186 Commend Travelling Region

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:13 am

Dark Robes wrote:the South, formerly a prominent defender region which once boasted a population of 106 nations.

Prominent for having Mahaj in it, I don't think any other defenders came from there did they?

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 am

The South is a raiding classic. It should be a right of passage to any organization that is growing in size and influence. Congratulations on the operation. I assure you that we will continue to tease Mahaj until the region's founder finds its way onto a login script. I would also like to thank you for your acquisition of the enigma known as "Gradea". I honestly can't make heads or tails of it, but at least I may remotely understand its R/ND alignment now.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:44 pm

So that's what happened to Gradea. I gotta say, I was just a little bit curious when he dropped off the face of NS. :P
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Dark Robes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Robes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Dark Robes wrote:the South, formerly a prominent defender region which once boasted a population of 106 nations.

Prominent for having Mahaj in it, I don't think any other defenders came from there did they?

It was also the home of a defender army known as the Southern Army. I'm not sure how significant they were.
Gradea Sanguine
Commanding Officer of the Conch Kingdom Naval Reserve

Australian, social liberal, gender egilitarian, capitalist

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:29 am

Dark Robes wrote:It was also the home of a defender army known as the Southern Army. I'm not sure how significant they were.

Practically non-existent, never heard of the buggers.

The Ghost of Festavo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost of Festavo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:46 pm

It is to great shock and dismay of the Grand Central Community that a coup d'état has taken place in the Osiris Fraternal Order. The legitimate and lawful Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order who had been elected by the councilors of Deshret, twice due to a renewal of the original election, was overthrown before even reaching the seat of Delegate by Cormac Stark(Cormactopia II), Tim Stark, and Kothles(Saq). The trio had effectively ejected and banned The Almighty Jesus Whale from the region, and proclaimed a Transitional Government which would proceed to suspend the Deshret and the Pschent. Additionally, anyone who has been bold enough to speak against this coup was stripped of their rights as citizen, and removed from their respective government branch. Since then, the vast majority of the Osiran community had proclaimed support for the legitimate Pharaoh and started efforts to remove the traitors from their seats of power and bring back order and peace to the region.

The government of Grand Central cannot simply stand by and watch while a select few individuals go against the laws of the Osiran state and grab all the powers to themselves, simply because they did not find the result of the election to be according to their wishes. Nobody has the right to put themsleves above the laws, and above the community of a region. No single person can claim they are the region, and no one can escape the grip of justice. It is because of our strong sense of justice and comradeship that the Cabinet and Elders of Grand Central plead the Transitional Government of Osiris to cease and desist all of their current illegal and dishonorable acts, and undo the damage they have done. This would include restoring the presence of the Almighty Jesus Whale in the region and allowing him to take over the seat of World Assembly Delegate, restoring the Pschent and Deshret and restoring the maskings of everyone they have stripped for simply speaking out against them, and having Cormac Stark and Tim Stark resign their nations from the World Assembly.

To conclude, Grand Central officially recognizes The Almighty Jesus Whale as the legitimate and lawful Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order and proclaims it's support to said individual and his followers, and shows great displeasure at the unnecessary and destructive acts that the coup conspirators known as the Transitional Government have displayed. We will do everything in our power to help restore law, peace, and stability within the boundaries of the Osiran state, as is right. Let every region know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of our allies.

Signed, on the behalf of the Government of Grand Central

Festavo Vasentius
Stationmaster of Grand Central

Nordic Arbor
Deputy Stationmaster of Grand Central

Augustus Anumia
Conductor and Elder of Grand Central

Plagentine Vasentius
Regent of Foreign Affairs of Grand Central

Derps Vasentius
Regent of Military Affairs of Grand Central

Cameron Romefeller
Regent of Internal Affairs of Grand Central

95 Block of Vasentius
Elder and Former Stationmaster of Grand Central

Feux
Elder of Grand Central
Last edited by The Ghost of Festavo on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legatus in The Roman Empire
Minister of Communications in Europeia
Stationmaster Emeritus of Grand Central
Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Retired Sergeant in The Black Hawks and recipient of the Arms of Glory medal
Senator in Europeia x2
Various less significant jobs

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:17 pm

The Ghost of Festavo wrote:Let every region know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of our allies.

Umm...

Osiris isn't and wasn't your ally. You literally just requested an embassy a few days ago, and as far as I know, Osiris and Grand Central have never worked together on anything. Maybe a raid or two, at most.

What this is really about is you have Osirans with conflicts of interest insisting on this course of action. You have Festavo serving as your head of government and he has petty grudges against members of the Transitional Government, as does Plagentine (Kleo/Marselesk). Those petty grudges, in large part, stem from our insistence that they should have faced more serious consequences for their actions in relation to their use of the illegal Predator raiding script.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Stavelot-Malmedy
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Stavelot-Malmedy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:
The Ghost of Festavo wrote:Let every region know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of our allies.

Umm...

Osiris isn't and wasn't your ally. You literally just requested an embassy a few days ago, and as far as I know, Osiris and Grand Central have never worked together on anything. Maybe a raid or two, at most.

What this is really about is you have Osirans with conflicts of interest insisting on this course of action. You have Festavo serving as your head of government and he has petty grudges against members of the Transitional Government, as does Plagentine (Kleo/Marselesk). Those petty grudges, in large part, stem from our insistence that they should have faced more serious consequences for their actions in relation to their use of the illegal Predator raiding script.

As the Head of State of Grand Central (with no involvement in either the Predator scandal nor any ties with Osiris) I can categorically say that this statement, like most of what you have put out since your coup, is utter nonsense.

The Government of Grand Central has collectively reached a decision based on the principles that ought to be common to all democratic regions, namely, respect for the democratic processes. No personal histories were raised at any point during the drafting process of our statement. Unlike you, Grand Central has been able to leave personal histories out of our public decision making. Given your economy with the truth to the people of Osiris, it is not surprising that you have attempted to besmirch the reputation of Grand Central too, but we shall not let it go unanswered.

Grand Central bears no ill will towards either Osiris nor the so-called "Transitional Government" in their personal capacities. Indeed, we wish for nothing more than a voluntary surrender of power to the legitimate elected authorities of Osiris. We believe this would be best for both Osiris and the inter-regional community.

Finally, a note on Festavo's use of "Let every region know..." is a paraphrase on Kennedy's Inaugural Address. It expresses lofty principles that we in Grand Central aspire to. We only wish that other regions had the decency to do so as well.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:50 pm

I'd like to publicly note that my signature was put on that statement without my consent, which is mildly annoying because I thought I had already communicated that I wouldn't put my name anywhere near a statement other than "I don't care".

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Stavelot-Malmedy wrote:As the Head of State of Grand Central (with no involvement in either the Predator scandal nor any ties with Osiris) I can categorically say that this statement, like most of what you have put out since your coup, is utter nonsense.

[4/19/2016 12:59:47 AM] Cormac: Out of curiosity, is Grand Central planning to get militarily involved in Osiris? I've heard rumors of those supporting the opposition but didn't see GC listed.
[4/19/2016 1:00:37 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: I think so. Festavo was pissed.
[4/19/2016 1:00:44 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: And he’s our head of government.
[4/19/2016 1:00:58 AM] Cormac: Ah, he commands the military then?
[4/19/2016 1:01:38 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Aye.
[4/19/2016 1:01:45 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Our military is shit though.

Stavelot-Malmedy wrote:Unlike you, Grand Central has been able to leave personal histories out of our public decision making
Stavelot-Malmedy wrote:Grand Central bears no ill will towards either Osiris nor the so-called "Transitional Government" in their personal capacities.

[4/19/2016 1:27:27 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Can we get personal for a bit man?
[4/19/2016 2:08:43 AM] Cormac: Sorry, was afk.
[4/19/2016 2:08:46 AM] Cormac: Sure.
[4/19/2016 2:09:18 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Well it turns out GC is very anti Tim/Cormac :p

You're making this too easy.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

The Ghost of Festavo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost of Festavo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:54 pm

My apologies. My mistake. It has been removed.
Legatus in The Roman Empire
Minister of Communications in Europeia
Stationmaster Emeritus of Grand Central
Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Retired Sergeant in The Black Hawks and recipient of the Arms of Glory medal
Senator in Europeia x2
Various less significant jobs

Stavelot-Malmedy
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Stavelot-Malmedy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:
Stavelot-Malmedy wrote:As the Head of State of Grand Central (with no involvement in either the Predator scandal nor any ties with Osiris) I can categorically say that this statement, like most of what you have put out since your coup, is utter nonsense.

[4/19/2016 12:59:47 AM] Cormac: Out of curiosity, is Grand Central planning to get militarily involved in Osiris? I've heard rumors of those supporting the opposition but didn't see GC listed.
[4/19/2016 1:00:37 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: I think so. Festavo was pissed.
[4/19/2016 1:00:44 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: And he’s our head of government.
[4/19/2016 1:00:58 AM] Cormac: Ah, he commands the military then?
[4/19/2016 1:01:38 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Aye.
[4/19/2016 1:01:45 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Our military is shit though.

Stavelot-Malmedy wrote:Unlike you, Grand Central has been able to leave personal histories out of our public decision making
Stavelot-Malmedy wrote:Grand Central bears no ill will towards either Osiris nor the so-called "Transitional Government" in their personal capacities.

[4/19/2016 1:27:27 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Can we get personal for a bit man?
[4/19/2016 2:08:43 AM] Cormac: Sorry, was afk.
[4/19/2016 2:08:46 AM] Cormac: Sure.
[4/19/2016 2:09:18 AM] 95 Block Of The Vasentius: Well it turns out GC is very anti Tim/Cormac :p

You're making this too easy.

My dear Cormac, you completely misunderstood my objections to your statement. Certainly, I admit that some members of Grand Central do harbour ill-will towards you. That should not come as any shock to you. Some are members of Osiris whom you have banned by diktat. But personal feelings towards you and members of your "Transitional Government" do not underpin the official regional attitude towards your coup.

What I object to is your implication that the Government of Grand Central (and consequently our statement) ought to be dismissed as an inevitably biased document. We, the entire Government, considered the matter at great length and later drafted the document you see above. I was present through the entire drafting process, and at no point were any personal animosities raised. Indeed, before you made your statement, I had absolutely no idea that you or Tim (or whoever else) have advocated for harsher punishments on Predator users. It was simply something that was not discussed when Grand Central was drafting her statement. Even if it had been raised, I personally would have ensured that it played no part in our collective decision making.

The statement of the Government of Grand Central is an entirely dispassionate assessment of the situation in Osiris. It is of course up to you whether you choose to believe that or not, but as someone with no dog in this race, I can absolutely say that no personal animus towards anyone in Osiris was involved in Grand Central's statement.
Last edited by Stavelot-Malmedy on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:24 am

While I don't doubt that for some of you this was an uninvolved and cool decision, I think it's highly unreasonable to state that personal feelings has *no* effect on this, considering both the logs above and obvious invovlement of a number of your leading officials in Osiris, on the side opposite the TGO. Whether or not it functionally matter, bias is a thing, and a thing undoubtable involved in the opinions of a good portion of your government.

Personally, in any region I was leading in, I'd insist anyone previously involved in this matter in Osiris recuse themselves from any vote or group decision on the matter. They'd be welcome to voice their opinion, but the conflict of interest would be too much for me to be comfortable.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:16 am

Who cares?

Down with Cormac and Tim.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Waldeck-Pyrmont
Attaché

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waldeck-Pyrmont » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:19 am

I'm glad my signature is on there.
Ancient Fool (but not too Ancient).

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:26 am

You seem surprised. Were you not part of the drafting and discussion?

Edit: I suppose Grand Central has become defender or neutral now? You know, to respect the democratic processes of all regions.
Last edited by Ultimate Sacrifice on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:29 am

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:You seem surprised. Were you not part of the drafting and discussion?

Edit: I suppose Grand Central has become defender or neutral now? You know, to respect the democratic processes of all regions.

Assumptions much?
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:33 am

Just a Feux. Are they unreasonable assumptions, or is the grandstanding of regional sovereignty simply opportunistic and hypocritical?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay