NATION

PASSWORD

Arc Earth - An Alt-History RP Region

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Galychyna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Arc Earth - An Alt-History RP Region

Postby Galychyna » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:50 pm

So I'm not really used to the whole advertising thing and, even after something like a decade of NS play, I'm usually fairly wary of venturing into the forums at all. Bear with me here; I'll try not to get too preachy. But I'd like to kick the tires a little and hope I can shake out a few good roleplay-oriented folks to take a look at Arc Earth, if you're into serious, modern-tech RP with an alt-history flavour against a backdrop of the Earth we live on.

A group of us are battle-scarred survivors of a very large but founderless casual/RP region who have branched off to build up a region of our own, one based on more in-depth, well-thought-out roleplay, realism, modern tech, politics, culture and character play. The setting of Arc Earth uses the modern calendar and the geography of the planet Earth - ie. the landmasses, fauna and flora of our world are all there. What's different is the cultural fabric of the land, the political climate, and the historical record. Nations of Arc Earth can explore different takes on history, even going off in wildly new directions that throw the real-life historical record a vast curveball. It could be as simple as an independent California or as dramatic as eastern Canada actually being founded by lost African sailors. Arc Earth is about truly being an alternate take on Earth, where we can explore new slants on our old history and see how our visions play together.

So what are we recruiting for?

Basically, roleplayers - specifically, those great roleplayers who really like to put a lot of thought into nation-building.

Arc Earth is intended to gel to a fairly strong RP standard. We want to link up with roleplayers who have given their nations a lot of thought and done their homework on how a country functions in the modern world and how the people within their nation's borders live and play, and we want to expand outside of our circle of big-region expats to rope in great players who know how to develop characters and tell interesting stories with a touch of both verisimilitude and creativity. As we're just beginning to roll out the region, I'd love to get some new people in on the ground floor and help build this thing into something special.

You can find us right over here.

If you're interested in joining us, pop on over and chat. If joining the RP is your flavour, shoot Galychyna (or my purely OOC alter ego PT Cielonia) a telegram with a little about the concept behind your nation - we ask anyone who comes in looking for map space to have an idea in hand. That's not to be arrogant or elitist; it's to encourage concepts that are well thought-out. If you don't have an idea yet and want to take part, telegram me anyway. I'm always happy to talk alt history with people.
Last edited by Galychyna on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antillas Mayoras
Civilian

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Antillas Mayoras » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:35 pm

I can vouch for 90% of our players being serious RPers who also don't confuse IC and OoC.

Galychyna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Galychyna » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:40 pm

We're around! It's Christmas. Or Festivus. Whichever. Time for an embassy thread update.

THE LATEST: We're building out the history of our world in handy-dandy timeline form. Also, we might be going on a voyage to Antarctica. Also also, church shenanigans might be bound to happen.

Arc Earth is a region built on alternate takes on history. We're putting them all together and seeing what the history of the world looks like when you make a bunch of little changes - or a bunch of big ones. Turns out a lot of things have changed even at this fairly early point, when we're still a nascent region looking to grow out a little more.

C'mon over and join in. The more great roleplayers we get, the more threads of creativity intersect, and the more we can build something really memorable. You can find us here: http://www.nationstates.net/region=arc_earth

Shoot me a telegram if you have questions.

Return to Gameplay