NATION

PASSWORD

One GCR, Slightly Used, Free to a Good Home

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
NOrTh pAcIfiC spY
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

One GCR, Slightly Used, Free to a Good Home

Postby NOrTh pAcIfiC spY » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:02 am

Through a series of fortunate events, DEN has been gifted with a GCR. DEN has recently tried their hand at running one, but due to the high levels of spam on the RMB, and no mentions of Field Marshal Gest being its true custodian, DEN wishes to donate their slightly used, seriously-abused GCR known as ‘The West Pacific’ to a good and loving home.

Candidates for a good home will be favoured among Raiders, Imperialists and Independents who have the ability to care for the GCR with an aptly-wielded banhammer, as well as an army strong enough to keep the GCR in their possession.

This is a once-in-an-era opportunity that DEN is not offering for thousands of endorsements - not even hundreds, not even one - but absolutely free! Accept the offer today, and you will receive endorsements from DEN, a free WFE to edit to your own liking, and a large amount of endorsements to push any proposal through! Ever angered by the WA for not going your way? Ever wanted to stack votes in your way on a proposal? Ever wanted to not have to worry about recruitment anymore, and have nations just appear in the region before your eyes, without having to send a single recruitment TG? Well now you can! And because DEN are such a nice bunch of people, they’ve even agreed to throw in a horde of angry natives, all with an already-developed culture!

All those who are interested are required to apply below:

Code: Select all
[b]Region name:[/b]
[b]Region alignment:[/b]
[b]Region population:[/b]
[b]Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives:[/b]

Kolmias
Secretary

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmias » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:07 am

-
Last edited by Kolmias on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
TWP Resident

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 am

Region name: Unknown
Region alignment: Raider
Region population: 45ish
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: The Church of Cruor has been looking for an opportunity to move on once more, a GCR seems like a fine new start.

I mean, you miss out on 100% of the jobs you don't apply for, right?

RPRA Techcorp
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby RPRA Techcorp » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 am

Region name: Space Sector RPRA
Region alignment: Neutral
Region population: 18
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: Just imagine the scandal of a bunch of raiders giving a GCR to a known moderator puppet! You can't buy that kind of entertainment! Just imagine the outrage, rolling over the hills and ringing in the valleys! Plus I'd be a much more surprising candidate for GCR couping than the already demonized Mall. ;)

NOrTh pAcIfiC spY
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby NOrTh pAcIfiC spY » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:47 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Region name: Unknown
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: The Church of Cruor has been looking for an opportunity to move on once more, a GCR seems like a fine new start.

I quite like your application, but I'm not too convinced on the ability for Unknown to hold the region. Also, a GCR for a start? Should DEN be worried about the end goal?

NOrTh pAcIfiC spY
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby NOrTh pAcIfiC spY » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:48 am

RPRA Techcorp wrote:Region name: Space Sector RPRA
Region population: 18
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: Just imagine the scandal of a bunch of raiders giving a GCR to a known moderator puppet! You can't buy that kind of entertainment! Just imagine the outrage, rolling over the hills and ringing in the valleys! Plus I'd be a much more surprising candidate for GCR couping than the already demonized Mall. ;)

I'm inclined to choose you (but this isn't my decision, above my paygrade) just for the drama. What sort of chance do you believe you would have to keep the region (without using the supreme modly powers)?

NOrTh pAcIfiC spY
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby NOrTh pAcIfiC spY » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:50 am

Kolmias wrote:Region name: The West Pacific
Region alignment: Non-aligned
Region population: 5,000 something
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: We are the natives.

Despite your application being the most qualified to hold the region (ex-raider, pretending to turn over a new leaf etc.), there may be a reason we have the region currently, and not the actual natives of it. We will seriously consider your application.

Huda
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:54 am

Region name: Atlas
Region alignment: Non
Region population: 65-ish
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: To spread huecode to the world, muahahaha! Glory to the Great Gililerd!

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:21 am

Region name: Miniluv
Region alignment: Power.
Region population: Classified.
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives:

1. It would bring me out of retirement.
2. It may bring others out of retirement.
3. It will never be boring and it will piss off absolutely everyone.
4. Miniluv has conducted more successful coups than any other applicant thus far.
5. I had already previously been planning a coup of TWP, so I conveniently have old plans saved.

Also, congratulations. I saw a coup of TWP coming a mile away but I didn't see it coming from raiders; I figured it would be the usual suspects.

I assume given how much influence you've lost, this application process is not serious, and my application should be taken similarly non-seriously. Unless you're serious, in which case my application should be taken quite seriously.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:32 am

Region name: DEN
Region alignment: Independent, ex-raider
Region population: Not worth counting, most of them are puppets and the rest aren't going to last
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: Might as well get it handed to them twice.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:14 am

Code: Select all
[b]Region name:KAISERREICH[/b]
[b]Region alignment:Independentish[/b]
[b]Region population:59ish[/b]
[b]Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: We would like to try the gradean method in the region and steal Darksia's chocolate. [/b]
[/quote]
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:18 am

Region name: The United Federative of the UCE PUPPETS
Region population: 44
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: It would be exciting for us and for the West Pacific, I'd like to have the opportunity to fuck around with massive power, and this would be sweet.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:32 am

Region name: Canada
Region population: 145
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: We've got doughnuts, eh?
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:43 am

4 minutes ago: Cormac Stark resigned from the World Assembly.

Winter is coming. ;)
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

Lyannesia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyannesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 am

I am not here to apply but rather ask how this happened :p

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:54 am

North Pacific Spy wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Region name: Unknown

I quite like your application, but I'm not too convinced on the ability for Unknown to hold the region. Also, a GCR for a start? Should DEN be worried about the end goal?

At this point, you need about 40 endorsements in 4 hours. Nobody applying has that. What you need is to renounce your dirty false raider god and accept our perfect glorious raider god.

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:04 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:At this point, you need about 40 endorsements in 4 hours. Nobody applying has that. What you need is to renounce your dirty false raider god and accept our perfect glorious raider god.

I would imagine if you can prove you can hold the region by getting the needed endorsements in the next 4 hours, your application would move to the front of the line.

But then, I'm just here to set the world on fire. :P

- Cormac
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:25 am

United RussoAsia wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:At this point, you need about 40 endorsements in 4 hours. Nobody applying has that. What you need is to renounce your dirty false raider god and accept our perfect glorious raider god.

I would imagine if you can prove you can hold the region by getting the needed endorsements in the next 4 hours, your application would move to the front of the line.

But then, I'm just here to set the world on fire. :P

- Cormac

Shit, he's got me there. I'll just take solace in the fact that it's interesting to watch either way.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:33 am

[Redacted]
Last edited by King Nephmir II on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pauline Bonaparte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pauline Bonaparte » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:23 am

Can we apply on behalf of someone else?

You should hand it to Durk. I don't know if he's had TWP before, and - this will be especially important in a prospective customer to you, Cormie - he hasn't ragequit the game once! You'll know it will always be in his caring hands.
Pauline Bonaparte
Senator, Carcassonne
Co-Founder, Taijitu

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:36 am

Looks like Cormac already has it anyway.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 am

True to form, I lied and used the Delegate nation which had been freely given to me without any preconditions except that I return it when I was done -- which I have done -- to restore the native government of the West Pacific.

There are some basic rules of NationStates:

1. You don't talk about NationStates.
2. You don't trust Cormac Stark.
3. Cormac Stark never supports GCR coups.
4. All your chocolate belongs to Darkesia.

As the author of the constitution still in use by the TWP regional government, I'm pleased to see native government restored. Congratulations, nonetheless, to DEN for a fun operation that I'm sure brought you a lot of positive publicity. I appreciate the opportunity to have fun as well and of course to finally pay you back for talking smack about Osiris. We both knew this day would come.

With that, I bid you all adieu as I return to what has been a happy and peaceful retirement! Thank you for allowing me a fun and memorable epilogue.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:12 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:Region name: DEN
Region alignment: Independent, ex-raider
Region population: Not worth counting, most of them are puppets and the rest aren't going to last
Reasons why DEN should give your region the GCR instead of returning it to the natives: Might as well get it handed to them twice.

I would like to reiterate my application for the benefit of the new TWP government, same as the old one.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:26 am

5 minutes ago: The Uncouped Uncouper of United RussoAsia ejected and banned The Retired TWP Delegate of Cormac Stark from the region.

What on earth is even going on anymore?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:27 am

Clearly should've handed it to a defender.

@Mall: Cormac handed the nation back to Ivo, as he stated above. Makes sense.
Last edited by Guy on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay