NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Independent: [Episode II] Regarding Hogwarts

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:46 am

So because raiders hypthetically hit their wives, defenders should hit them to show how hitting wives is a bad thing?!?
Founder of New Madrigal

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:50 am

Raiders don't hit their wives, hypothetically or otherwise.

They aren't married to natives.
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:The real question is who will snipe the refound.

Do you really have that little faith? I am disappointed.

Benjamin Henrikson wrote:So because raiders hypthetically hit their wives, defenders should hit them to show how hitting wives is a bad thing?!?

Usually the wife's brother(s) if they exist, take care of that. :p
Last edited by The Silver Sentinel on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nymphadora Tonks
Civilian

Founded: Jul 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nymphadora Tonks » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 am

Evil Wolf wrote:"Liberated" and given to whom, my dear friend Tim?

We've been down this road before. LWU are the natives of Hogwarts, any other natives from years ago CTE'd quite some time ago and are not coming back. So who are these Fendas "liberating" this region for?

It seems to be that the Fendas are arguing that no one who calls themselves an invader can hold any region as a native, even if it's their own region.

Defenders are incapable of recognizing Raiders as sovereign. Hogwarts is nothing but a trophy to them. If they so desire it, they may have it. It was a memorial to LSD and Tabaqui, both individuals who backstabbed Lone Wolves United and lost or took Hogwarts for their selfish purposes. Perhaps we are better off passing what is best considered a stigma to Defenders, whose precious morals are never going to extend to Raiders. Expecting them to recognize us as anything but targets for their vengeful and two-sided natures is futile. At least Raiders do not hold double standards on regional residency.

Trembles
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trembles » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:54 am

I refounded it first.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=303535

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

Nymphadora Tonks wrote:It was a memorial to LSD and Tabaqui, both individuals who backstabbed Lone Wolves United and lost or took Hogwarts for their selfish purposes.

To add on to this: Tabaqui aka Babiana was banned from The East Pacific after trying to blackmail and bully Xoriet. He was not, in any realistic way, a person who should be memorialized, although it is fitting that he is in the company of Frak. Defenders, enjoy your memorial to Frak and Babiana.

In regards to EPSA's participation in Hogwarts: we don't raid with defenders.
Just some weeb.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 am

The way I see it, raiders don't respect the sovereignty of other regions. In fact they act as if other regions exist only so that they may destroy them. So why should we, as defenders, treat them any better than they treat the countless regions of natives that have either quit NS or been displaced and scattered? I don't know about other defenders, but I definitely don't respect the sovereignty of invaders.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:The real question is who will snipe the refound.

Probably you :p
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Equestria and Griffon
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Equestria and Griffon » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

This thread...isn't normal.
I'm a living shitpost.

PONIES UNITE!!!

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Equestria and Griffon wrote:This thread...isn't normal.

No, it is not.
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:14 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:The way I see it, raiders don't respect the sovereignty of other regions. In fact they act as if other regions exist only so that they may destroy them. So why should we, as defenders, treat them any better than they treat the countless regions of natives that have either quit NS or been displaced and scattered?

Yes, otherwise you really can't claim moral superiority if said morals are going to be bent to favor ambitions of Defenderdom.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Agnostic Collective
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Agnostic Collective » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Putting aside the R/D grudge match:

The NS Independent wrote:At the end of the day, we can conclude that invaders are bad at defending, and that "defenders" are good at invading.

This is my favorite part of the whole article :P

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Woonsocket wrote:That's the same exact justification used by spousal abusers. "Look what you made me do! It's not my fault you can't defend yourself."
It certainly demonstrates the invader mindset with crystal clarity, doesn't it?

Comparing players in an online game to spousal abusers in real life is so very blind of you.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Woonsocket wrote:That's the same exact justification used by spousal abusers. "Look what you made me do! It's not my fault you can't defend yourself."

Comparing players in an online game to spousal abusers in real life is so very blind of you.

Having been through relationship abuse, I can back this statement up wholeheartedly. There is nothing remotely comparable. Because that isn't justification they're making, it's full-out manipulation. Emotional manipulation is the same as raider propaganda? Just no.
Last edited by Ayvari on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:18 pm

Having read the post in moderation where you "didn't mean it like that," I would like to recommend that if you don't or didn't intend for that to be the received message, perhaps it would be better if you don't comment at all? I mean, what did it add to the discussion, Woonsocket? Go for a walk, because you're taking this game a bit too seriously at that point. Either that or you make light of spousal abuse, which is probably the worse of those two scenarios.
Last edited by Severisen on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 pm

I think the point is missed: Of course invaders can be natives. But not as a result of their invasions, whose outcomes it is that defenders seek to reverse. "Territory obtained illegitimately is no territory at all". The exception may be if a bona fide community, unrelated to the invading force, had developed.

What the fuck.
Last edited by Guy on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Valrifell wrote:Yes, otherwise you really can't claim moral superiority if said morals are going to be bent to favor ambitions of Defenderdom.

Of course they can claim moral superiority, its their morals not yours. They can be whatever they want them to be ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Woonsocket wrote:
Pauline Bonaparte wrote:Why don't the puny natives just get their founder to come back? Or start a new region? It's not my fault the natives can't defend themselves.

That's the same exact justification used by spousal abusers. "Look what you made me do! It's not my fault you can't defend yourself."

For the people who've joined Gameplay since Improving Wordiness retired, allow me to explain- this is why nobody minds that XKI keeps to themselves.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:00 am

Severisen wrote:Having read the post in moderation where you "didn't mean it like that," I would like to recommend that if you don't or didn't intend for that to be the received message, perhaps it would be better if you don't comment at all?

Speaking of that moderation thread... The first mod ruled it as a non-issue. The rape comparisons are an auto-warning and a big 'NO', but wife-beating comparisons aren't actionable, apparently. and 'can confirm' is a fucking 1-day ban.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Land filled with People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Land filled with People » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:17 am

Get over it.

"You were acting like a giant prick [and that's why you were thrown out]"
"Can confirm [you acted like a giant prick, and that's why you were thrown out]"

What else did you expect?

and before anyone gets antsy, the above is all general, and not directed at anyone

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:22 am

Nymphadora Tonks wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:"Liberated" and given to whom, my dear friend Tim?

We've been down this road before. LWU are the natives of Hogwarts, any other natives from years ago CTE'd quite some time ago and are not coming back. So who are these Fendas "liberating" this region for?

It seems to be that the Fendas are arguing that no one who calls themselves an invader can hold any region as a native, even if it's their own region.

Defenders are incapable of recognizing Raiders as sovereign. Hogwarts is nothing but a trophy to them. If they so desire it, they may have it. It was a memorial to LSD and Tabaqui, both individuals who backstabbed Lone Wolves United and lost or took Hogwarts for their selfish purposes. Perhaps we are better off passing what is best considered a stigma to Defenders, whose precious morals are never going to extend to Raiders. Expecting them to recognize us as anything but targets for their vengeful and two-sided natures is futile. At least Raiders do not hold double standards on regional residency.

Raiders are incapable of recognizing anyone else's sovereignty so why should their's be respected?
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:19 am

Woonsocket wrote:
Pauline Bonaparte wrote:Why don't the puny natives just get their founder to come back? Or start a new region? It's not my fault the natives can't defend themselves.

That's the same exact justification used by spousal abusers. "Look what you made me do! It's not my fault you can't defend yourself."

*** Warned for trolling ***

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:24 am

Land filled with People wrote:<snip>

Land, the situation where I was banned had to do with raiders, so I don't expect you to be unbiased in your responses.

and I don't want to answer your question here and get into a threadjack, so, if you're really that curious about it, TG me. :)
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Land filled with People wrote:<snip>

Land, the situation where I was banned had to do with raiders, so I don't expect you to be unbiased in your responses.

and I don't want to answer your question here and get into a threadjack, so, if you're really that curious about it, TG me. :)

Read the small print:

"and before anyone gets antsy, the above is all general, and not directed at anyone"

Some of y'all are rushing to make things personal.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

Read the small print:

"and before anyone gets antsy, the above is all general, and not directed at anyone"

Some of y'all are rushing to make things personal.

Lol Thomas, I read the small print. The small print was bullshit. And I don't even need to defend myself on this one.
Take it away, Sedge!

Sedgistan wrote:Land filled with People is referring to a previous incident that saw Ridersyl banned; that's what the quoted text is.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay