NATION

PASSWORD

How Do I Do Anything

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:49 am

Valrifell wrote:
Jute wrote:My nation spends the most on social policy and look at the murder rate

Taken from your Nation page:

"...perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons"

And it had no prisons a month ago when murders were still at 0 %. Then I accidentally scrapped the education budget and the murder rate went through the roof. Really, I know the reason. Lack of prisons was never a problem before.
Excidium Planetis wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Taken from your Nation page:

"...perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons"

To add to that Jute, it's also choosing issue options that lead to: "Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun" "

That doesn't help stop crime.
Yes, I know. The other options were even worse, though.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:57 am

I saw someone whose nation who's name is based off of armadillos, and 1% of his people die from armadillo attacks. same for phoenixs.
the Republic of Altron Special Forces. Always on Target, Even when the Target it off.

SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:58 am

The Republic of Altron wrote:I saw someone whose nation who's name is based off of armadillos, and 1% of his people die from armadillo attacks. same for phoenixs.

That is depending on what you set as "national animal"
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Unitus
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unitus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:46 am

Im not even really trying at this game, so why are my death percentages so agreeable?

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 am

How do you start a war? is it just the comparison?
the Republic of Altron Special Forces. Always on Target, Even when the Target it off.

SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 am

The Republic of Altron wrote:How do you start a war? is it just the comparison?

There isn't really a "war" per say.
Some issues allow you to choose an option where you go to war with a fictional nation.

You can also use the "Challenge" feature on someone's nation. That's not really a war though.

What I suggest, and what many people do, is go to the Roleplaying sections of the forums and Roleplay a war between two countries. Before you do that though, I'd suggest reading a RP guide thread.

Like this one:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178816
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:13 am

Unitus wrote:Im not even really trying at this game, so why are my death percentages so agreeable?

1.8 % suicide doesn't sound agreeable. But I guess it's because of your decent, but not stunning environment and a lot of police funding

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
The Republic of Altron wrote:How do you start a war? is it just the comparison?

Some issues allow you to choose an option where you go to war with a fictional nation.

You can also use the "Challenge" feature on someone's nation. That's not really a war though.

What I suggest, and what many people do, is go to the Roleplaying sections of the forums and Roleplay a war between two countries. Before you do that though, I'd suggest reading a RP guide thread.

Like this one:

This is the Gameplay subforum and you can't even so much as give us a nod? *grumbles*

You can also join the Invasion Game, oodles and oodles of threads exist that have people willing to show you the ropes. Depending on where you wind up, you'll either find it is one giant collaborative Role play with diplomacy, spying, and infiltration based around the seizure of the Delegate seat of some regions or preventing Raiders from stealing it. Or, if you find yourself with purists, you'll get to get in some fairly memorable chats.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:04 am

Valrifell wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:

Like this one:

This is the Gameplay subforum and you can't even so much as give us a nod? *grumbles*

You can also join the Invasion Game, oodles and oodles of threads exist that have people willing to show you the ropes. Depending on where you wind up, you'll either find it is one giant collaborative Role play with diplomacy, spying, and infiltration based around the seizure of the Delegate seat of some regions or preventing Raiders from stealing it. Or, if you find yourself with purists, you'll get to get in some fairly memorable chats.

Purists?

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Jute wrote:
Unitus wrote:Im not even really trying at this game, so why are my death percentages so agreeable?

...and a lot of police funding

You think thats a lot of police funding?i got 24% going to law and order but 10% murder last time i checked

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Jute wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Purists?

Purists are the subgroup of GP culture who raid or defend for the sake of raiding or defending.

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 pm

So do I just wait for the legislation, or do i do something else once i choose a side.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:39 pm

The Republic of Altron wrote:So do I just wait for the legislation, or do i do something else once i choose a side.

Issues, I assume?
Yes, you just have to wait for legislation to take effect. However, you can go back before the next update (12AM-1AM EST [err... pretty close to that, I mean]) and change your mind if you're having second thoughts.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:

Like this one:

My bad, I totally forgot Raiding/Defending!

@The Republic of Altron:
Many nations also use the endorsement feature to move into other users' regions and endorse their own WA Delegate. After their own delegate is put in place, they lock down the region and eject all the former inhabitants (called natives). This is called "Raiding" or "Invading". The users who practice it are called "Raiders", and they seem to have a lot of fun. They are, however, often looked down on by the NS community, so don't join them unless you're prepared to get a lot of hate from people you raid.

On the flip side, some nations try to stop Raiders by moving in and helping endorse the Native delegate to prevent Raiders from putting their own delegate in. These nations are called "Defenders", and are praised by most of the NS community, sometimes even if they're horrible people (or so I've been told). Feel free to join them, no one will blame you.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:12 am

The Republic of Altron wrote:
Jute wrote:...and a lot of police funding

You think thats a lot of police funding?i got 24% going to law and order but 10% murder last time i checked

Need more government spending in general, and more education and social policy :P

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 am

Jute wrote:

Need more government spending in general, and more education and social policy :P

Yeah, im waiting for an issue to come up for education, but I wish not to raise my taxes. I need to build my economy if I want more money. I really want to keep income tax under 6%, but it just went over for some reason I dont know. what issues bring down taxes?
Last edited by The Republic of Altron on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 am

Jute wrote:Need more government spending in general, and more education and social policy :P

Yeah, im waiting for an issue to come up for education, but I wish not to raise my taxes. I need to build my economy if I want more money. I really want to keep income tax under 6%, but it just went over for some reason I dont know. what issues bring down taxes?

Any that involve cutting a government deparment that you currently have money flowing towards. Like, education, welfare, spirituality, and things on that chart.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Jute wrote:Need more government spending in general, and more education and social policy :P

More taxes usually doesn't affect your economy badly much, especially if they're still that low

Unitus
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 am

http://gyazo.com/5589886baa222c9b5b2646b1697baf25

so where do I vote to make Nazi-ism compulsory?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:23 am

Unitus wrote:http://gyazo.com/5589886baa222c9b5b2646b1697baf25

so where do I vote to make Nazi-ism compulsory?

Wait for another issue where you can abolish elections, that can have the same effect

Iblania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iblania » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:33 am

I didn't see anyone else mention this...

I might be mistaken, but if you want to change your nation more quickly, go to Settings and increase the number of issues you get per day.

Only goes up to two a day but I think it makes it easier to change your nation (more issues = higher chance of getting a relevant one)
Because Antarctica, that's why!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:45 am

Iblania wrote:I didn't see anyone else mention this...

I might be mistaken, but if you want to change your nation more quickly, go to Settings and increase the number of issues you get per day.

Only goes up to two a day but I think it makes it easier to change your nation (more issues = higher chance of getting a relevant one)

This is correct... especially as some issues have greater effects if taken early on, while the nation is still relatively small, than they do if applied to larger nations later on.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Unitus
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:59 am

I believe the default is 2 per day. I have already abolished voting, just wanted to see if I could support the Nazis more than just allowing them to be there.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Iblania wrote:I didn't see anyone else mention this...

This is correct... especially as some issues have greater effects if taken early on, while the nation is still relatively small, than they do if applied to larger nations later on.

Correct. This makes it easy to get a lot of conflicting banners early on. One of my puppets chose an option on an issue that disregarded the environment, and got a couple banners having to do with having a poor environment. The next day, I prevented deforestation for Uranium Mining, and got like five banners for having a pristine environment.

Unitus
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 am

So i have an issue about my national animal. I have three options "eat" "kill" "back off the industrialization" which option has more people killed by my animal?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay