NATION

PASSWORD

How Do I Do Anything

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

How Do I Do Anything

Postby The Republic of Altron » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 am

So, a lot of my people are dying from heart disease and exposure. how do I divert money within m budget to solve this problem. Also, I have a lot of money going to law and order, but a whopping 8.9% of my people die from murder. 1. what can I do to fix this, and 2. how do i do it?
the Republic of Altron Special Forces. Always on Target, Even when the Target it off.

SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lemmingtopias » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 am

You just need to answer the issues as they crop up. Focus on issues tackling health problems and funding Health.
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 am

For the heart disease/exposure, I would suggest:
1. divert more money to health
2. ditch compulsory nudity

I have a 6% exposure rate and nudity ~1200, so that might be it.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:45 am

The Republic of Altron wrote:So, a lot of my people are dying from heart disease and exposure. how do I divert money within m budget to solve this problem. Also, I have a lot of money going to law and order, but a whopping 8.9% of my people die from murder. 1. what can I do to fix this, and 2. how do i do it?

Answering issues is the only way to fix it. When you get an issue that allows you to choose an option to increase medical funding, choosing it will make heart disease go down. Choosing to either improve police forces or fund rehabilitation programs will lower murder (in many nations, the rate is zero!).
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:47 am

Also, there's a distinction between murder and disappearance. I have a murder rate of 0%, but a disappearance rate of 15%. :roll:
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:12 am

Alternatively, you can go the more fun route(The one I'm working on), and cure the hapless shmucks that live in your nation of old age by getting them killed as quickly as possible.

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:For the heart disease/exposure, I would suggest:

am i unknowingly forcing my people to be nude? Im how do I stop this? do I just wait for an issue to come up?
the Republic of Altron Special Forces. Always on Target, Even when the Target it off.

SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT SPOILED IT

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:30 pm

I have 30% of my budget on law and order, but 8.7% die from murder. What, do I need to close down the Donut shops? 11% of my budget is on healthcare but 22% die from exposure.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:26 pm

The Republic of Altron wrote:I have 30% of my budget on law and order, but 8.7% die from murder. What, do I need to close down the Donut shops? 11% of my budget is on healthcare but 22% die from exposure.

Exposure is regarding nudity laws, the thing that really stops crime in its track is low civil freedoms (I.E. surveillance state).

The Republic of Altron wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:For the heart disease/exposure, I would suggest:

am i unknowingly forcing my people to be nude? Im how do I stop this? do I just wait for an issue to come up?

You're probably not forcing someone to be naked, (if that were the case you'd see that number be much larger) you just don't have laws against nudity.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Valrifell wrote:
The Republic of Altron wrote:I have 30% of my budget on law and order, but 8.7% die from murder. What, do I need to close down the Donut shops? 11% of my budget is on healthcare but 22% die from exposure.

Exposure is regarding nudity laws, the thing that really stops crime in its track is low civil freedoms (I.E. surveillance state).

The Republic of Altron wrote:

You're probably not forcing someone to be naked, (if that were the case you'd see that number be much larger) you just don't have laws against nudity.

Nope, You can have a high civil rights state with low crime. You simply have to have a really high social policy budget and always fund rehab programs when those issues come up. A police force also helps, but it isn't the percentage of your budget, but the amount.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm

So do I just wait for a nudity issue to come up? also, Excidium Planetis, how do you do that button thing on the bottom that expands?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Valrifell wrote:Exposure is regarding nudity laws, the thing that really stops crime in its track is low civil freedoms (I.E. surveillance state).

Nope, You can have a high civil rights state with low crime. You simply have to have a really high social policy budget and always fund rehab programs when those issues come up. A police force also helps, but it isn't the percentage of your budget, but the amount.

I know you can do it (I mean, look at Valrifell :p) it's just easier to create a surveillance state than fund boring things like welfare or education.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:55 am

Does allowing nudity increase deaths from exposure?
Hr'rmm, unless the nudity is actually compulsory then that implies rather stupid people -- lacking the sense to put clothes back on in cold weather -- doesn't it?
However I do know that compulsory nudity gives you sunburn as a possible cause of death.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:15 am

I do think I rank high in stupidity. Is there anyway to get more than two issues a day?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:28 am

The Republic of Altron wrote:I do think I rank high in stupidity. Is there anyway to get more than two issues a day?

Nope!

Bears Armed wrote:Does allowing nudity increase deaths from exposure?
Hr'rmm, unless the nudity is actually compulsory then that implies rather stupid people -- lacking the sense to put clothes back on in cold weather -- doesn't it?
However I do know that compulsory nudity gives you sunburn as a possible cause of death.

Eh... maybe stupidity cupped with high nudity rates, then? Either that or I was completely wrong, I'm okay with either.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:19 pm

The Republic of Altron wrote:So do I just wait for a nudity issue to come up? also, Excidium Planetis, how do you do that button thing on the bottom that expands?

It's the spoiler. Here's how you do it:
Code: Select all
[spoiler=Whatever you name it]Just make sure there are no symbols in the name [/spoiler]

And then it looks like:
Just make sure there are no symbols in the name

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Valrifell wrote:Exposure is regarding nudity laws, the thing that really stops crime in its track is low civil freedoms (I.E. surveillance state).

Not social policy, but education is most important in fighting crime. Once I accidentally scrapped that sector, murder rates went from 0 % to probably the highest in the region...
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Jute wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:

Not social policy, but education is most important in fighting crime. Once I accidentally scrapped that sector, murder rates went from 0 % to probably the highest in the region...

All I know is the snippet on the nation page says "thanks to a well funded police force and progressive social policy."

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Jute wrote:Not social policy, but education is most important in fighting crime. Once I accidentally scrapped that sector, murder rates went from 0 % to probably the highest in the region...

All I know is the snippet on the nation page says "thanks to a well funded police force and progressive social policy."

My nation spends the most on social policy and look at the murder rate
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Jute wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:

My nation spends the most on social policy and look at the murder rate

Taken from your Nation page:

"...perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons"

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 pm

How do i make a signatute?

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:32 pm

The Republic of Altron wrote:How do i make a signatute?

At the top of the page, it should say somewhere "User Control Panel". Click that.

Then click "My Profile" (EDIT: It's "Profile", a tab on the top) or something like that.

And click "Edit signature". Then fill in the box.
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Jute wrote:My nation spends the most on social policy and look at the murder rate

Taken from your Nation page:

"...perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons"

To add to that Jute, it's also choosing issue options that lead to: "Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun" "

That doesn't help stop crime.

The Republic of Altron
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Altron » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:37 am

How do You set a custom Death cause?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:48 am

The Republic of Altron wrote:How do You set a custom Death cause?

You don't, that is only possible by some special issues

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay