NATION

PASSWORD

The Imperium of Ceirien: Going right!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Ridersyl wrote:While the current subject is seriously interesting, I need someone to remind me how it pertains to gameplay. 'Cause at this point I feel like I'm in a General thread about history. :p

*Xoriet historizes Syl

True facts, but you're missing out on such an experience! :p
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Meh, RL regimes kill people for reasons they always believe are correct. History never changes there. The only differences are how successful they are, and how awful the reasons are to the rest of us.

Ceirien deciding to work with Nazi regions isn't indicative of TBR's stance, or any other raider organization or raider individual's stance on Nazi's in NS. Anyone attempting to say otherwise is either mistaken, or trying to stir up shit.

As for the argument about Nazi's in NS, Max Berry allows them, their ideologies, and their opinions in the game... within reason. There are ways we can choose to deal with that in our time on NS; by joining the massive contingency of understandable disgust, hopping on the reich bandwagon, or treading the middle ground.

Personally, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who chooses to deal with it differently than I do.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

KaelThas Quilor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby KaelThas Quilor » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Xoriet wrote:
KaelThas Quilor wrote:The Romans Exterminated people for reasons, not 'for existing'. Dead people don't pay taxes and join the auxiliaries.

To be fair, the Christians were safe until they were ousted from the safety of the umbrella of Judaism. Furthermore, the "Body and Blood" gave the idea that the Christians were cannibals. Romans didn't like new religions, so the Christians were fair game for the aforementioned and more.

The Christians were forming their own independent political societies, which was against the law (Re; Pliny's Letters). Most emperors didn't even activity persecute them, and only Maximinus Dia came even close to proposing 'Genocide' rather than just 'make their lives really shitty until they make a token sacrifice or until prison space runs out'.

@Syl: Its relevant because people keep bringing up previous atrocities or communist atrocities. And the Nazis killed the Jews merely because they were 'inferior' and existed. Rome never killed someone just becaue they were 'inferior' nor have most other states in history. Rome would kill a tribe for being an actual threat, or rebelling too much or things like that. That's the line between mere brutality (Romans, USSR, etc) and Nazis people draw, and why they get their 'unfair' treatment in NS. Also, the Nazis found that great trick for saving money on all things, death included: VOLUME VOLUME VOLUME!
The Main Nation of the Player also known as Cerian Quilor. I am still Cerian the player, just with a different Main.
The Bruce wrote:I sometimes suspect that Cerian Quilor is here to harvest the tears of young, ambitious nations.

Cormac Stark wrote:my opinion of me, as usual, is the only one that matters. :p
Attorney General, Republic of Europeia
Captain in the Europeian Republican Navy
Citizen, The New Inqusition

Previous

Return to Gameplay