NATION

PASSWORD

Europeia Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mad-eye Jack
Secretary

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad-eye Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Trinnien wrote:(Image)

At this time, the Europeian government wishes to condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the use of the illegal script known as Predator as well as any form of collusion with former players determined to be DOS by NationStates Moderation. We also condemn those players and organizations who facilitated, in any way, the propagation of these crimes. We view these actions, whether perpetrated by individuals or organizations as a matter of policy, to be wholly unacceptable.

As a community that has traditionally placed a genuine emphasis on fair play, ethical practices, and cooperation in good faith with our military partners, we are deeply offended by these actions which have undermined the integrity of our game. Activities such as are being alleged are irreconcilable with our values.

In light of this, military cooperation and, further, diplomatic relations of any kind between the Republic of Europeia and all regions or organizations directly implicated in this sordid, illegal behavior including but not limited to DEN, The Black Hawks, and The Black Riders are hereby suspended until such a time that NS Moderation publishes a ruling and findings of their investigation regarding the Predator controversy. We encourage any players who have yet to come forth and provide site authorities with any information they may have relating to this matter to do so with all haste.

Trinnien, President of Europeia
Kraketopia, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Writinglegend, Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy

This is a strong statement by Europeia, but opens the door to this only being in effect very temporarily. Obviously it is waiting to see Moderation's ruling but it leaves one wondering whether or not Europeia plans to take further action after Moderation's ruling, what kind of action that might entail, and who it might apply to. Basically what I'm wondering is if Europeia anticipates that moderation will act sufficiently to deal with the grievances the region has that have arisen from this Predator issue and what Europeia will do if Moderation does not.
Headmaster of Hogwarts

Pretty good Defender. Telegram me if you want to take the plunge.

Trinnien
Secretary

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Mad-eye Jack wrote:
This is a strong statement by Europeia, but opens the door to this only being in effect very temporarily. Obviously it is waiting to see Moderation's ruling but it leaves one wondering whether or not Europeia plans to take further action after Moderation's ruling, what kind of action that might entail, and who it might apply to. Basically what I'm wondering is if Europeia anticipates that moderation will act sufficiently to deal with the grievances the region has that have arisen from this Predator issue and what Europeia will do if Moderation does not.

It's really going to be dependent on what information Moderation releases and actions taken. Europeia is taking this very seriously, and watching it with a close eye. If additional measures need to be taken, then that will be decided upon after the investigation is completed.
Enjoying a life of bemused indifference.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Mad-eye Jack wrote:
Trinnien wrote:(Image)

At this time, the Europeian government wishes to condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the use of the illegal script known as Predator as well as any form of collusion with former players determined to be DOS by NationStates Moderation. We also condemn those players and organizations who facilitated, in any way, the propagation of these crimes. We view these actions, whether perpetrated by individuals or organizations as a matter of policy, to be wholly unacceptable.

As a community that has traditionally placed a genuine emphasis on fair play, ethical practices, and cooperation in good faith with our military partners, we are deeply offended by these actions which have undermined the integrity of our game. Activities such as are being alleged are irreconcilable with our values.

In light of this, military cooperation and, further, diplomatic relations of any kind between the Republic of Europeia and all regions or organizations directly implicated in this sordid, illegal behavior including but not limited to DEN, The Black Hawks, and The Black Riders are hereby suspended until such a time that NS Moderation publishes a ruling and findings of their investigation regarding the Predator controversy. We encourage any players who have yet to come forth and provide site authorities with any information they may have relating to this matter to do so with all haste.

Trinnien, President of Europeia
Kraketopia, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Writinglegend, Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy

Only a defender can look at this statement and think it hasn't gone far enough, lol.

Unfortunate to hear of the suspended relations, but I won't say anything more here unless my superiors wish to reply first.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Mad-eye Jack
Secretary

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad-eye Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:Only a defender can look at this statement and think it hasn't gone far enough, lol.

Unfortunate to hear of the suspended relations, but I won't say anything more here unless my superiors wish to reply first.

I don't think that's a fair interpretation of my post. Mainly I was making note that the actions taken by Europeia within the statement were temporary as they are only in effect until moderation acts. The statement made no indications of what the long term implications for ERN policy might be towards regions or members involved with Predator other than they are very upset at being put in their current position. Trinnien responded that it depends on what moderation does and reveals and that's fair enough. I was just seeing if Europeia had something in mind along the lines of what Cormac posted over here because I don't foresee that the cessation of relations with everyone in the statement will hold, nor would I necessarily advocate for that if I were in their position (in the case of The Black Hawks) with what is seemingly known right now.
Headmaster of Hogwarts

Pretty good Defender. Telegram me if you want to take the plunge.

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:29 am

Mad-eye Jack wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:Only a defender can look at this statement and think it hasn't gone far enough, lol.

I don't think that's a fair interpretation of my post. Mainly I was making note that the actions taken by Europeia within the statement were temporary as they are only in effect until moderation acts. The statement made no indications of what the long term implications for ERN policy might be towards regions or members involved with Predator other than they are very upset at being put in their current position. Trinnien responded that it depends on what moderation does and reveals and that's fair enough. I was just seeing if Europeia had something in mind along the lines of what Cormac posted over here because I don't foresee that the cessation of relations with everyone in the statement will hold, nor would I necessarily advocate for that if I were in their position (in the case of The Black Hawks) with what is seemingly known right now.

It makes sense to wait until all the facts and findings are available before making long-term policy decisions. I think we took the strongest action we could have in the interim. I wouldn't count on Europeia and DEN being friendly again, maybe ever, but that's just my opinion as a private citizen who doesn't speak for our government.
President of Europeia

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:28 am

And only a raider will bring up R/D alignment instead of debating the post ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:50 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:

And only a raider will bring up R/D alignment instead of debating the post ;)

I'll fight ya on that front. I'll telegram you next time a defender does it :P
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Mousebumples » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:50 am

For the 2015 NationStates World's Fair, I was fortunate to host a discussion with a few notable female players and discuss matters pertaining to gender issues within NationStates. Given the interest and importance of the topic at hand, I've compiled a new survey regarding Women and NationStates, and I encourage you to respond with your thoughts and opinions.

Europeia will also be hosting a symposium on the topic, starting next week. Stay tuned to this thread for more information about the exact details - including dates and times of the event schedule. We're aiming to have some forum-based debates and discussions, IRC lectures/discussions, and likely also some Mixlr (audio) discussions. The venue used will largely depend on the particular topic and the participants.

If you're interested in participating/contributing, feel free to mention as much in your survey response or contact me via Telegram.

Mousebumples, WA Delegate of Europeia
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Theoden Sebastian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Theoden Sebastian » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:21 am

An exciting venture! Congratulations to Euro for hosting it. All the best to the organizers :)
Theoden Sebastian
Retired Emperor Sequentia of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Duke of Aalborg in Balder
Other Titles and Positions, Past and Present

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 am

It's great to be a part of all of this. I hope that we can all have a worthwhile discussion on the topic!
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Consol Energy
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Consol Energy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 am

I thought all women in Nationstates we're actually FBI agents :P

*runs away before Mouse sees*
Last edited by Consol Energy on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vlazinova
Civilian

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Vlazinova » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:30 am

Consol Energy wrote:I thought all women in Nationstates we're actually FBI agents :P

not only NationStates, but in all over the internet (except some sites, ofc) :lol2:

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 am

Consol Energy wrote:I thought all women in Nationstates we're actually FBI agents :P

*locks up PASD and throws away the key*

Nothing to see here folks. Just keep moving along .... :P
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:52 am

If this was true, there would be hardly anyone around to still play NS :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Solorni wrote:

If this was true, there would be hardly anyone around to still play NS :P

Maybe the FBI just really likes NS, and kept playing after locking all the real players up?
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Alleging that I or anyone else in NS have anything to do with Project ________ is speculative at best. Keep moving targets citizens. Nothing to see here. 8)

I actually plan on checking out this discussion/debate when it happens. I look forward to it. ^_^
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:01 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:Alleging that I or anyone else in NS have anything to do with Project ________ is speculative at best. Keep moving targets citizens. Nothing to see here. 8)

I actually plan on checking out this discussion/debate when it happens. I look forward to it. ^_^

I also plan to check it out.

Except the speech bits, I can't skim through those properly.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lady Anastasia
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lady Anastasia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 pm

I look forward to hearing the results of that survey, along with other thoughts and opinions discussed on this topic. It certainly is interesting. Good on Euro for tackling this.
Her Imperial Grace the Grand Duchess Lady Anastasia
Member of the Imperial Council of The Empire
Coordinator of Consolidation and Expansion

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:14 pm

I know one woman on NS that would make a great FBI agent. ;)

Anyway, on a serious note... The "Ex" in "Ex-DEN Colonel" in my sig is there because of mistreatment of women within the DEN community that I could not stomach. After leaving that community, I was part of the TEP's military, which at the time was lead by Xoriet. For those who don't know, she was the female General of TEP's military at the time, and we had gotten along as rivals before we got along as soldiers-in-arms. On NS, I've actually encountered sexual harassment on both sides of the sexual spectrum, though I myself have never been the victim. All that being said, I would love to be a part of this and possibly make use of all these experiences.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Knot II
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Anyway, on a serious note... The "Ex" in "Ex-DEN Colonel" in my sig is there because of mistreatment of women within the DEN community that I could not stomach.

A problem that was rectified and has been enforced with an iron fist since, leading to the bans of at least four members in separate incidents over the last eight months.

Best of luck to Europeia! I look forward to reading/listening to the discussions and perhaps even contributing two cents from my own personal and second-hand experiences.
Last edited by Knot II on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.
[12:20 AM] Chingis Otchigin: Knot's hammer is splash damage konfirmed

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:19 am

Knot II wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:Anyway, on a serious note... The "Ex" in "Ex-DEN Colonel" in my sig is there because of mistreatment of women within the DEN community that I could not stomach.

A problem that was rectified and has been enforced with an iron fist since, leading to the bans of at least four members in separate incidents over the last eight months.

I'm glad to see DEN is taking a harsh approach towards what caused my resignation. I can only speak to what I experienced, and no-one had informed me of any actions taken by DEN in this regard. When I talk about DEN in my experiences with the problems women have faced in NS, I will make sure to remember you mentioning this.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:30 am

PRESENTS:

We'd like to extend an invitation to you to join us as we discuss an ever important issue in the role of women in NationStates. Please, join us as we discuss a range of topics spread across five days! Panel discussions will be hosted on IRC, with additional discussions and debates occurring on the Europeian forums. If you're not already a Europeian citizen or diplomat, please register as such on our forums, so you're ready to go for the kick-off tomorrow.

Hope to see you there!

All Panel Discussions will be held on Esper.net, on IRC, in the #WomenNS channel. This channel will be moderated, so only discussion participants will have the ability to speak.

Discussion and chat between people not on the panel will be in the #WomenNS_Chat channel.

Logs from the Panel Discussions will be posted on the Europeian forum after their completion, so that discussion can continue after the panel is complete.

Each panel is estimated to run about an hour, but we've tried to schedule in a bit of lee-way, depending on how in-depth we get on each topic.

If you don't regularly use IRC, you can use Europeia's IRC client here. You'll need to type /join #WomenNS and /join #WomenNS_Chat to join the respective channels as well.

SCHEDULE
Wednesday
  • 3pm BST/10am EDT - Women & NationStates general discussion
  • 9pm BST/4pm EDT - Women & NSG
  • 2am BST Thursday/9pm EDT - Lying about your Gender on NS
Thursday
  • 3pm BST/10am EDT - Women in NS UCRs
  • 5pm BST/Noon EDT - NS Gameplay Families
  • 12am BST Friday/7pm EDT - Women and Military Gameplay
  • 2am BST Friday/9pm EDT - Kicking Ass and Taking Names on NationStates
Friday
  • 9pm BST/4pm EDT - NationStates v. other Games/Forums out there
  • 11pm BST/6pm EDT - Women in NS GCRs
Saturday
  • 4pm BST/11am EDT - Gender Pronouns and NationStates
  • 7pm BST/2pm EDT - Women and NS Roleplay
  • 10pm BST/5pm EDT - Stopping Sexual Harassment on Nationstates
Sunday
  • 4pm BST/11 am EDT - Working with Empowered Women on NationStates
  • 10pm BST/5pm EDT - Where Do We Go From Here?
Last edited by Mousebumples on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:35 am

I would like to note (unofficially) that Europeia has surpassed 10KI in nation count to become the largest non-puppet-dumb UCR. Let's hope it sticks!

Edit: Also, Mouse's thing looks cool too. :p
Last edited by Ambrella on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:59 am

Ambrella wrote:I would like to note (unofficially) that Europeia has surpassed 10KI in nation count to become the largest non-puppet-dumb UCR. Let's hope it sticks!

If you think it's cool, you should join us in the discussions!

:p
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Consol Energy
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Consol Energy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:49 am

Brunhizzle wrote:
Ambrella wrote:I would like to note (unofficially) that Europeia has surpassed 10KI in nation count to become the largest non-puppet-dumb UCR. Let's hope it sticks!

If you think it's cool, you should join us in the discussions!

:p

Do it, Sopo!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay