NATION

PASSWORD

Looking for Defender Protection

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Defender Ambassadors
Civilian

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Looking for Defender Protection

Postby Defender Ambassadors » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi, I heard that it's wise for small regions to form alliances and sign treaties with larger, defender regions, should there come a time where the security of the region may be threatened by raiders. Any particular such defender organisations to recommend?

Also, I'd like to ask another question - why does raider unity exist, but not defender unity? That has to change!
Last edited by Defender Ambassadors on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Rather than relying on defenders, it is best to take your own region's security into your own hands. When possible, have a non-executable delegate so that raiders cannot deface your region, and ban the people in it, otherwise, have a delegate with a large amount of endorsements.

Raider unity exists because Defenders can draw on a lot more WA support from any number of regions that Raiders can, leading to raiders having to work together in order to entrench their occupations out of the Defender's reach.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 am

United Regions Alliance

Aurum Rider wrote:Raider unity exists because Defenders can draw on a lot more WA support from any number of regions that Raiders can

Since when?
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:12 am

Chester Pearson wrote:United Regions Alliance

Aurum Rider wrote:Raider unity exists because Defenders can draw on a lot more WA support from any number of regions that Raiders can

Since when?

Since always - Defenders work to a common goal of protecting the weak with no other intentions. Raiders on the other hand share the common "World domination" idea however there are so many other intentions; Some wanting specific region or not agreeing on raid a particular region. Now you also need to take into account that 99.95% of natives support defenders over raiders; Meaning they're more inclined to help out with their own regions reclaiming. You also have to remember that when claiming a region with a delegate; They have preexisting endorsements from natives.

If you need defender protection - I offer; Look at my signature...Says im a defender!
Last edited by Rifty on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Kranstentistan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kranstentistan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:15 am

Since when?

Coming from a raider region with poor relations with many other raider regions, I'd say never.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:26 am

Kranstentistan wrote:

Since when?

Coming from a raider region with poor relations with many other raider regions, I'd say never.

There is a big difference between Raiders and Imperialists mate... :\

Being a raider is useful as it means full support; (as an imperialist) however running as imperialist part of Raider unity provides a little more room to breath. Rather than defend a particular region - I can strongarm them into being a protectorate; Gaining us power while still having them not destroyed.

That's coming from the leader of a region with decent foreign relations...but a poor leader at dealing with disputes :rofl:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:46 am

Rifty wrote:Since always - Defenders work to a common goal of protecting the weak with no other intentions. Raiders on the other hand share the common "World domination" idea however there are so many other intentions; Some wanting specific region or not agreeing on raid a particular region. Now you also need to take into account that 99.95% of natives support defenders over raiders; Meaning they're more inclined to help out with their own regions reclaiming. You also have to remember that when claiming a region with a delegate; They have preexisting endorsements from natives.

Not all defenders are the same. Some are more political than others.

Rifty wrote:If you need defender protection - I offer; Look at my signature...Says im a defender!

Ehhh really....since when? :lol:
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:51 am

Goddess Relief Office wrote:
Rifty wrote:Since always - Defenders work to a common goal of protecting the weak with no other intentions. Raiders on the other hand share the common "World domination" idea however there are so many other intentions; Some wanting specific region or not agreeing on raid a particular region. Now you also need to take into account that 99.95% of natives support defenders over raiders; Meaning they're more inclined to help out with their own regions reclaiming. You also have to remember that when claiming a region with a delegate; They have preexisting endorsements from natives.

Not all defenders are the same. Some are more political than others.

Rifty wrote:If you need defender protection - I offer; Look at my signature...Says im a defender!

Ehhh really....since when? :lol:

However for the most part defenders are on a similar agenda of assisting natives

Since...Since i changed my signature to say so
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:21 am

Aurum Rider wrote:Rather than relying on defenders, it is best to take your own region's security into your own hands. When possible, have a non-executable delegate so that raiders cannot deface your region, and ban the people in it, otherwise, have a delegate with a large amount of endorsements.

Raider unity exists because Defenders can draw on a lot more WA support from any number of regions that Raiders can, leading to raiders having to work together in order to entrench their occupations out of the Defender's reach.

I'd have to say that this is the best answer to the question asked. If you have the power to make your own region safer, that clearly is the best option.If you're in a founderless region that is vulnerable to hostile forces, then calling for some defender help can be the best option.

If you're looking for an organization of regions to have your back with years of experience, I'd look to The Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA). The thing is though, you'll be expected to have their back as well. The FRA, despite their recent criticisms, is actually a good option. Many of their members have been playing NS for years and years and know how to build a region. They also have this nasty habit of being cosmopolitan, so you could potentially gain new and experienced nations for your region through your FRA membership. They also are developing a project where they aid vulnerable regions by giving them the resources to build a stronger region.

If you're looking for a defender force to help you secure your own region, The Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organization (TITO) is hands down the best organization to contact. They have the sheer forces necessary to keep your region invulnerable from attack while you build up the influence required to lock-down your region. They also are experts in aiding regions in native refounds (examples include Australia and Deutschland).

If you're vulnerable to attack and are not taking preemptive measures to defend yourselves, you're relying people such as myself to be online during updates to defend your region. I can defend your region a dozen times, but I only have to lose once for your region to be griefed by a coalition of invader forces. Also, defender unity does exist. Its the very unity that forced invaders to unify for their purposes. Invaders now have to pile in 40+ nations just to keep it out of defender reach.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Pauline Bonaparte
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Pauline Bonaparte » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:03 am

raider unity guise

us raiders gotta stick 2gether

everyone hates us :(

prolly cuz we're so cool 8)

bbiab gotta do my algebra homework
Pauline Bonaparte
Senator, Carcassonne
Co-Founder, Taijitu

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 am

Gift me a crapload of stamps and I will protect you :)
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:40 am

I would say if Nationstates wanted protection Mikeswill / Highlander is more friendly with invaders :P however if he wanted protection as Delegate of the region I am sure he knows orgs / groups to approach.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:47 am

Pauline Bonaparte wrote:raider unity guise

us raiders gotta stick 2gether

everyone hates us :(

prolly cuz we're so cool 8)

bbiab gotta do my algebra homework

:lol:

But eww algebra
Albion ♠ Come write stories with us on our community forum!

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - A. Einstein

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay