NATION

PASSWORD

The Pollaetorian Guard: Helping You Make The Right Decisions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Pollaetorian Guard: Helping You Make The Right Decisions

Postby Pollaetorian » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 pm

The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy

Polls are, in essence, an abandonment of a region's leadership from a proactive, educated elite to the wild whims of the ignorant masses. The region thereby forfeiting their sovereignty, it falls upon The Pollaetorian Guard to restore order and ensure the right decisions are being made.

Welcome to The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy

What we are about

The Pollaetorian Guard are a gathering for all players who feel there is a civic duty to uphold morality and democracy. Pollaetorians believe regions should be led by a confident democracy through consensus by an engaged citizenry, which polls, by surrendering decision-making to anarchy are an anathema. Our mission is to restore order by "filling the void" caused by the poll, where instead of disorganised ignorance deciding for the region, we will arbitrate the poll so it reflects our own considered opinions.

Examples of what we fight for

The Pollaetorian Guards and their predecessors have a vibrant history of campaigns, particularly in the Feeders and Sinkers which as the largest regions are a flashpoint for mob-led chaos. Some of our previous campaigns include:

Our first campaign and a statement against the frivolous inanity of polls. The North Pacific has been notorious for making silly, meaningless polls, an early warning and leading example of how polls dull the mind and impedes rather than enhance democracy. The Pollaetorian Guard provided their support for Grossechnauzer in an otherwise contemptible poll because he was the only candidate who could give the gravitas it deserved.

This campaign against The East Pacific exemplifies the values the Pollaetorian Guard serves to uphold. A region that leaves it to the polling the masses to decide whether their consider themselves native to their own region opens itself to derision. Therefore we decided make the joke and nudged it so "No" won the poll. The region dictates who is native in their region and that is the end of it, no polls needed.

• Balder • Worst Communist Leader Ever?

Joseph Stalin: 15 / Pol Pot: 15 /Mao Zedong: 15 / Kim Jong-il: 18 / Other: 14

Was Joseph Stalin: 15 / Pol Pot: 15 /Mao Zedong: 15 / Kim Jong-il: 15 / Other: 15 at one point

This campaign represents our entry to into social issues, an new area for the Pollaetorian Guard. Our aim was to send a message against communist revisionism in Balder by making it so all options have an equal number of votes. The question was disingenuous as all evil should be opposed - all those leaders were bad and to rank them undermines their crimes, and the only way to reflect this was to have equal votes. (Note this is not an opinion on communism).

Unfortunately, last minute roaders meant the campaign was unsuccessful, however it served a call to open the Pollaetorian Guard.

How to join

Join the Discord Server and move to The Pollaetorian Guard

The Pollaetorian Guard is an idea and an organisation. Anyone is capable of becoming a Pollaetorian Guard. As long as you believe in justice and have the conviction to justify your beliefs a distinguished journey lies ahead for you. Key to being part of Pollaetorian Guard is being able to with clear conscience articulate why you are intervening in the poll.

For most polls, a campaign could be completed by a single person (with many nations), though enforcing polls with finesse and minimising obvious disruption is an art. The Pollaetorian Guard however provides a community to share your ideas, have discussions for what polling outcomes we want to achieve, and provides support your campaign, e.g. being online to counteract against any last minute changes before poll closure, should you need it.
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:01 am, edited 44 times in total.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:45 pm

:eyebrow:

The Arctic Kingdom
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Arctic Kingdom » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Social Liberal Democrat, Shy, Introverted, Socially Awkward, and quite interested in Architecture, Physics, and History
The Arctic Kingdom - a Technologically Advanced, Environmentally Friendly, Socially Progressive Sunalaya Equivalent of Norway and Iceland combined.
Ísland - grundvallaratriðum paradís, en það er betra!

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 am

Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:35 am

Our detractors brand us with the more common but derogatory term "Poll Raider", but that is just a futile attempt to shift attention away from their own paralysis and lack of conviction.

The Pollaetorian Guard is an honourable society that reestablishes authority and guided decision making where it has been cast aside by the region. Rather than blindly throwing faith into polls, regions can rely on our professional judgement.
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls

Daburuetchi
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Daburuetchi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:43 am

This pollaetorian guard really just means beat down the masses becuase we want inverse totalitarianism: a government which enshrines the masses but in reality has a blatant class nature. You are just like the treasonous founding fathers of America in that you appear to laud popular movements but in reality have no confident in the masses and construct a government which protects the rich from the poor as James Madision puts it.

As Lenin said " this sort of talk by the landowners and capitalists will not confuse, intimidate, or deceive the workers and peasants. An army needs the strictest discipline; nevertheless the class-conscious workers succeeded in uniting the peasants, succeeded in taking the old tsarist officers into their service, succeeded in building a victorious army."

Scarlet Harlot
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scarlet Harlot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm still confused. :eyebrow:

You believe in democracy so you just mob regions to vote in their polls, and that accomplishes what goal exactly?

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Daburuetchi wrote:This pollaetorian guard really just means beat down the masses becuase we want inverse totalitarianism: a government which enshrines the masses but in reality has a blatant class nature. You are just like the treasonous founding fathers of America in that you appear to laud popular movements but in reality have no confident in the masses and construct a government which protects the rich from the poor as James Madision puts it.

As Lenin said " this sort of talk by the landowners and capitalists will not confuse, intimidate, or deceive the workers and peasants. An army needs the strictest discipline; nevertheless the class-conscious workers succeeded in uniting the peasants, succeeded in taking the old tsarist officers into their service, succeeded in building a victorious army."

You are absolutely correct that we believe in class. Making an effort to advance one's class is right and aspirational. Polls are for proles, a slacktivism catering to those happy to stay in middling mediocrity. Democracy has to be earned.

Scarlet Harlot wrote:I'm still confused. :eyebrow:

You believe in democracy so you just mob regions to vote in their polls, and that accomplishes what goal exactly?

We believe in functional democracy, a real democracy that encourages participation with the appropriate checks and balances. Poll democracy on the other hand is a submission to mob rule. Decision making open to any uninformed and leads to people voting against their own interests. By replacing those errant results with our own, the Pollaetorian Guard accomplishes its noble goal as insurance that the right decisions have been made.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:57 pm

No more other options in the polls you... poll people you :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Aperi
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aperi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 pm

This is awesome
Aperi
Patriot of Lazarus
Comrade Protector

My other nation is Karpathos
“Our game is being turned into a filthy and evil-smelling imperialist barrack.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:27 pm

Sent a puppet.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:38 am

ANY members of your little organisation who decides they wish to come to my region (or already reside here) will be banjected! :lol2:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 am

I love the originality of your ideas Codger/Polldger/Pollaetorian. Keep it up :clap:

Alustrian
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alustrian » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 am

/me approves

Not sure if I'll actually take part, but all Codger ideas are fun to watch

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am

Alustrian wrote:/me approves

Not sure if I'll actually take part, but all Codger ideas are fun to watch

True.

Codger is the Netflix of Nationstates.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Aperi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aperi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 am

Rifty wrote:ANY members of your little organisation who decides they wish to come to my region (or already reside here) will be banjected! :lol2:

Will I get some notice before I'm banjected?
Aperi
Patriot of Lazarus
Comrade Protector

My other nation is Karpathos
“Our game is being turned into a filthy and evil-smelling imperialist barrack.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Aperi wrote:
Rifty wrote:ANY members of your little organisation who decides they wish to come to my region (or already reside here) will be banjected! :lol2:

Will I get some notice before I'm banjected?

Of course - "Leave the group or leave the region"
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

New Sopo
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sopo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:54 pm

We're going to poll you all so hard.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:00 am

Aww, what the hell, this might be a pretty cool idea after all.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 am

Khronion wrote:Aww, what the hell, this might be a pretty cool idea after all.

Poll Nazis? Yeah no :rofl:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:05 am

Rifty wrote:

Poll Nazis? Yeah no :rofl:

Poll Nazis? :eyebrow: I think not.

The pollaetarian guard are liberating the proles from the polls.

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:07 am

Do it. Be cool like this guy: 8)

Are you going to stand by and let people fall to the certain doom of their choices? Democracy relies on people who are willing to participate and do what is right. Do your part and bring an enlightened democracy to where it has been forsaken.

--

Be assured things are happening. The Pollaetorian Guard merely does not want to soil its capes and shiny armour on any worn poll. Polls are for proles afterfall. We are above these squabbles. The important part to being a Pollaetorian Guard is virtue, where all our actions are for a greater good. There's really none of that in your polls Rifty, is there anything worthwhile to write essays about like our examples?

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:28 am

McMasterdonia wrote:
Rifty wrote:Poll Nazis? Yeah no :rofl:

So Aryan race poll creators?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 am

Rifty wrote:
McMasterdonia wrote:

So Aryan race poll creators?

I'm not sure how to respond to that. :?

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:32 am

McMasterdonia wrote:
Rifty wrote:So Aryan race poll creators?

I'm not sure how to respond to that. :?

Well come on it's true. They want good polls...perfect polls....untainted polls...

Practially breeding (or killing) all who do not conform into their standards of Aryan poll creators. Hide yo delegates, hide yo founders and hide yo future regional officers cause there are poll nazis in nationstates.
Last edited by Rifty on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads