NATION

PASSWORD

Invasion in Ixnay

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:12 am

Nierr wrote:And why should they have to? Why should RP regions have to be looking over their shoulders all the time for some raider who might or might not be sneaking in?

Probably because if they don't then this happens. If you think they shouldn't have to exist in a world where this is possible then take it to Tech because as things stand this is the world in which Ixnay exists.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Thoricia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:13 am

Nephmir wrote:
Thoricia wrote:If GP was so popular, then wouldn't instituting measures to remove RPers from GP still leave it intact because so many people enjoy doing it and having their stuff wrecked?
No the reason GP is so scared of RP pushing to institute measures to keep their regions safe is that it would shut down GP entirely because most players hate it and want out

Not quite.

See, GP is based around Game Mechanics. If you remove or change one of those game mechanics, you destroy or significantly harm GP. And regions and their inhabitants are already a part of Gameplay from the moment they are founded.

RPing, on the other hand, is based around ideas. If you propose an idea that runs against the current RP, or remove part of the RP itself, you destroy the original RP. Therefore, saying "If GP was (I like how you use "was" here :lol: ) so popular, then wouldn't instituting measures to remove RPers from GP still leave it intact because so many people enjoy doing it and having their stuff wrecked?" is like saying "If the RP was so popular, then wouldn't instituting measures to remove this part of the RP still leave it intact because so many people enjoy doing it and having their stuff wrecked?"

Why would it destroy Gameplay? As I said before if its so popular, measures instituted to protect RP wouldn't be abused to protect regions from raiders right?
And before you compare RP to GP go read a few of the RP stickies, I see you're new so you don't understand how it works go ahead and read up and then come back and try and make a decent argument instead of swapping letters around and thinking GP = RP (Hint: it doesn't)
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

This quote sums up my life.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:14 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Kuhlfros wrote:Also, We were under the impression Kikpar was a new player at that time too maybe like 11 million population and if I remember correctly came from one of the Pacifics, and We did not know we couldn't change our password at that time, nope if we knew that then we could have found a way to get more influence and change the password

First off the delegate can check to see whether they can change the password before they do it. Second off Kikpar may have been relatively new at the time but it had a history before it came to you, one which you could have checked via nshistory.

Okay everyone raise their hands if they have ever heard of nshistory before (not counting Mal) I haven't and our region hasn't that is for sure, Not even Kazomal, who has existed for a longer time than you....
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Thoricia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:16 am

Kuhlfros wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:First off the delegate can check to see whether they can change the password before they do it. Second off Kikpar may have been relatively new at the time but it had a history before it came to you, one which you could have checked via nshistory.

Okay everyone raise their hands if they have ever heard of nshistory before (not counting Mal) I haven't and our region hasn't that is for sure, Not even Kazomal, who has existed for a longer time than you....

Eh, just click on a nation's flag and you can see their movements, thing is you shouldn't have to
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:17 am

Thoricia wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Not quite.

See, GP is based around Game Mechanics. If you remove or change one of those game mechanics, you destroy or significantly harm GP. And regions and their inhabitants are already a part of Gameplay from the moment they are founded.

RPing, on the other hand, is based around ideas. If you propose an idea that runs against the current RP, or remove part of the RP itself, you destroy the original RP. Therefore, saying "If GP was (I like how you use "was" here :lol: ) so popular, then wouldn't instituting measures to remove RPers from GP still leave it intact because so many people enjoy doing it and having their stuff wrecked?" is like saying "If the RP was so popular, then wouldn't instituting measures to remove this part of the RP still leave it intact because so many people enjoy doing it and having their stuff wrecked?"

Why would it destroy Gameplay? As I said before if its so popular, measures instituted to protect RP wouldn't be abused to protect regions from raiders right?
And before you compare RP to GP go read a few of the RP stickies, I see you're new so you don't understand how it works go ahead and read up and then come back and try and make a decent argument instead of swapping letters around and thinking GP = RP (Hint: it doesn't)

-_- I used to be an RPer. I am well aware on how it works.

Try again.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Lemmrod
Secretary

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmrod » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 am

Last edited by Lemmrod on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------- IXNAY FADA BEO ---------

Free Ixnay!

Thoricia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:21 am

Nephmir wrote:
Thoricia wrote:

-_- I used to be an RPer. I am well aware on how it works.

Try again.

Obviously not, so I'll explain it for you, if I troll or grief someone in a thread I get warned, however its sanctioned in gameplay.

Also you didn't answer my initial question, if Gameplay is so popular and everyone wants to do it, altering a few things to insulate RPers wouldn't affect it right?

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:40 am

Thoricia wrote:
Nephmir wrote:-_- I used to be an RPer. I am well aware on how it works.

Try again.

Obviously not, so I'll explain it for you, if I troll or grief someone in a thread I get warned, however its sanctioned in gameplay.

Also you didn't answer my initial question, if Gameplay is so popular and everyone wants to do it, altering a few things to insulate RPers wouldn't affect it right?

But it would, because at the heart of the Raiding Game is the fact that raiding is about breaking into someone's place of work and torching everything they have been working on. This is the point of raiding, excepting the (admittedly more common) "tag raids", the destruction of entire regions through glitched game mechanics, and ultimately the destruction of the work involved. Therefore if there's nobody's work to ruin then raiding wouldn't make sense.

Well anyways, congratulations Black Riders. At least you know how to execute a well planned and moderately entertaining raid, which is something I wish the entire raiding community could do... at least look the people whose work you just ruined in the face and treat them with some vague semblance of respect.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Small Huts » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:45 am

disregard
Last edited by Small Huts on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
World Assembly Delegate of The United Federation of Planets
Governor of The United Federation of Planets
Cure Squad Security of Equilism
Former:
World Assembly Delegate of Equilism
Chief Minister of Equilism (and minister in all departments)
ερωτâv πάντα

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 am

Small Huts wrote:Can we talk about consent?

I don't think a rape analogy is the best way to start a conversation.
Last edited by Frattastan II on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Lemmrod
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmrod » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 am

Free Ixnay!

Astarial
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Astarial » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:15 am

Lemmrod wrote:
Frattastan II wrote:
I don't think a rape analogy is the best way to start a conversation.

It's actually a pretty accurate analogy, albeit not a very popular one.

It's not even close to being accurate, which you'd know if you had any idea what you were talking about.
Ballotonia: Astarial already phrased an answer very well. Hence I'll just say: "Me too."1
Purriest Kitteh, 2012

SFBA Campinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA Campinia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:17 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Kuhlfros wrote:I know it was a hidden password, but it was the same password that he had used to enter the region in the first place, ergo not enough influence to change it

Yeah. That's my point. Someone handed him the password. A nation which had been in The Silver Isles (another TBR raid) which even a cursory glance at the nation's history would have revealed.

I wonder what your spiel would be if TBR had used a clean puppet to do the exact same thing...

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 am

SFBA Campinia wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah. That's my point. Someone handed him the password. A nation which had been in The Silver Isles (another TBR raid) which even a cursory glance at the nation's history would have revealed.

I wonder what your spiel would be if TBR had used a clean puppet to do the exact same thing...

"Why the hell would you hand over the password to someone you just met/a brand new nation?"
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Joe Bobs
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Joe Bobs » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:24 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
SFBA Campinia wrote:I wonder what your spiel would be if TBR had used a clean puppet to do the exact same thing...

"Why the hell would you hand over the password to someone you just met/a brand new nation?"

It does sound an awful lot like you're saying you don't want RPers in your game, or you don't want them to play the way they're playing.

To be honest I'm a little shocked that a mod would so blatantly reject such a large portion of the players in the game. As a mod, you represent the Mod/Admin Team, and to a lot of people now it looks like you're telling RPers to get on board or get out. If you continue this line, the likelihood is many will find other games where the mods embrace different methods of playing, rather than trying to homogenise them.
Old Zertaxia: You crazy, drunk penguin.

GRA: Forum Administrator and Architect of the GRA Archives. Formerly: President; Speaker; First Minister; High General of the GRADF; Foreign Affairs Minister; Senator; Congressman; Ambassador Plenipotentiary; First Lieutenant of the GRADF.

FRA: Formerly: Arch-Chancellor; Vice Chancellor; Regional Liaison Officer; GRA Representative; Ranger.

Q102: Formerly: Delegate; Deputy Delegate; Foreign Affairs Minister; Immigration & Officials Minister; Judge; Ambassador.

ARC: Formerly: Founder; Chairman.

Other Former Citizen of The Rejected Realms, The West Pacific, 00000 A World Power, Lazarus, Europa, Scroll Islands. Former Correspondent for The Rejected Times. Regular visitor everywhere.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:27 am

Joe Bobs wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:"Why the hell would you hand over the password to someone you just met/a brand new nation?"

It does sound an awful lot like you're saying you don't want RPers in your game, or you don't want them to play the way they're playing.

To be honest I'm a little shocked that a mod would so blatantly reject such a large portion of the players in the game. As a mod, you represent the Mod/Admin Team, and to a lot of people now it looks like you're telling RPers to get on board or get out. If you continue this line, the likelihood is many will find other games where the mods embrace different methods of playing, rather than trying to homogenise them.

I have no clue how you took "if you have a pw be smart with it" and turned it into "YOU HATE THE RP'ERS OMG YOU WANT THEM OUT OF THE GAME". If you have tech suggestions for changing the situation please feel free to make them in the appropriate forum. As things currently stand invasion of regions such as Ixnay is perfectly within the rules, and is made relatively simple when the natives of Ixnay do not properly utilize their security tools.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:28 am

Comparing the legal act of invading in a nation simulation game with rape or sexual assault is not in any way appropriate. Cut it out now, or warnings for trolling will follow.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:30 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Joe Bobs wrote:

I have no clue how you took "if you have a pw be smart with it" and turned it into "YOU HATE THE RP'ERS OMG YOU WANT THEM OUT OF THE GAME".

Well you yourself did say that raiders 'could make better use of RP regions than natives' in your proposal.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:31 am

Rephesus wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I have no clue how you took "if you have a pw be smart with it" and turned it into "YOU HATE THE RP'ERS OMG YOU WANT THEM OUT OF THE GAME".

Well you yourself did say that raiders 'could make better use of RP regions than natives' in your proposal.

From the raider perspective.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:32 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Well you yourself did say that raiders 'could make better use of RP regions than natives' in your proposal.

From the raider perspective.

Precisely. I don't see why your surprised that the majority of RPers are pissed at this intentional targeting of RP regions for the sole purpose of invoking anger and possible flaming.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:34 am

Rephesus wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:From the raider perspective.

Precisely. I don't see why your surprised that the majority of RPers are pissed at this intentional targeting of RP regions for the sole purpose of invoking anger and possible flaming.

All regions are targeted which aren't Raider in origin. RP'ers are nothing special in this regard, it isn't because Ixnay is an important RP region that made it the target, it's because it is important. The fact that RP is where it derives its importance isn't overly relevant, at least not to me.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:36 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Precisely. I don't see why your surprised that the majority of RPers are pissed at this intentional targeting of RP regions for the sole purpose of invoking anger and possible flaming.

All regions are targeted which aren't Raider in origin. RP'ers are nothing special in this regard, it isn't because Ixnay is an important RP region that made it the target, it's because it is important. The fact that RP is where it derives its importance isn't overly relevant, at least not to me.

It clearly is to the raiders involved, and they obviously are special to raiders, seeing as they intentionally targeted an RP region, right after your resolution (which inflamed the RP community) failed, coincidence? I don't think so.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:37 am

Rephesus wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:All regions are targeted which aren't Raider in origin. RP'ers are nothing special in this regard, it isn't because Ixnay is an important RP region that made it the target, it's because it is important. The fact that RP is where it derives its importance isn't overly relevant, at least not to me.

It clearly is to the raiders involved, and they obviously are special to raiders, seeing as they intentionally targeted an RP region, right after your resolution (which inflamed the RP community) failed, coincidence? I don't think so.

If you read this thread you would see that you have the causality of this completely wrong.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Rephesus wrote:It clearly is to the raiders involved, and they obviously are special to raiders, seeing as they intentionally targeted an RP region, right after your resolution (which inflamed the RP community) failed, coincidence? I don't think so.

If you read this thread you would see that you have the causality of this completely wrong.

I have read this thread. And it's blatantly clear that Ixnay was targeted solely because it is an RP region without a founder.

Lemmrod
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmrod » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 am

Free Ixnay!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay