NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I'm calling....Shadow. Why not your main, main? Leave Newsie out of this - after all, it *is* the official voice of the Sicarii :P

Because this is kinda of a news announcement if you guys are up to it.

We can go and tag just 1 region and make a parade about it.

The masses shall have what they ask for...

Coraxion wrote:Sicarius will forgive me for using their thread for encouraging them attack and crash as much nativedoms as they can. *salute*

Even if you wish to criticize us, your presence here is more than welcomed. You are the absolute anti-moderates and NS need more raiders like you.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:42 am

Coraxion wrote:Always crying, not a single attempts to use those same tools available for all, against Raiders.

That's what was unnecessary. The baiting. The tone. It's something Gameplay has gotten away with for a very long time due to, well, as I'm told, being gameplay. Unfortunately, the only people who can change the nasty tone of some of the posts is the posters.

When I see a change in that direction, a less incessantly provocative goal of /making/ the other kids in the sandbox cry, and keeping the celebrations to more in-persona-we-are-the-bad-guys-hear-us-rawr tone, perhaps I'll have more of an understanding ear. Until then, I'm inclined to call a spade a spade, regardless of how some moderators and players would have us believe it is in fact, a harmless lawn gnome.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:54 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Coraxion wrote:Always crying, not a single attempts to use those same tools available for all, against Raiders.

That's what was unnecessary. The baiting. The tone. It's something Gameplay has gotten away with for a very long time due to, well, as I'm told, being gameplay. Unfortunately, the only people who can change the nasty tone of some of the posts is the posters.

Moderation could always crack down on what in any other subforum would be trolling and baiting.

I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but the people who moderate the gameplay subforum are as much a part of the problem as those who take part in the self-fellatio and playground twattery that is most of the discourse in this subforum.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:02 am

Nierr wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Moderation could always crack down on what in any other subforum would be trolling and baiting.

I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but the people who moderate the gameplay subforum are as much a part of the problem as those who take part in the self-fellatio and playground twattery that is most of the discourse in this subforum.

If mods came down on Cora, I expect there'd be a few other posters in here that'd be hit too. Mostly not raiders. I bet that at least one comment directed at me could be considered actionable, but I'm happy with how I handled it, and don't care to report it just to see redtext. We're not all out to see your blood.

I've noticed too, Mall seemingly rarely moderates threads here, as opposed to other forums.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:02 am

Nierr wrote:

Moderation could always crack down on what in any other subforum would be trolling and baiting.

You're still probably crossing the line with your post there. I should probably point that out, out of fairness.

Edward Elric
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Edward Elric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 am

You're still probably crossing the line with your post there. I should probably point that out, out of fairness.

That medic.... D:

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 am

The topic of the thread is Sicarius, and their refound of Tofuline. If you have other matters to discuss, take them elsewhere.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:06 am

Hurrah on being assholes. Enjoy your hollow victory ;)
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Orgasmic Waffles
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orgasmic Waffles » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

What do you guys want? I mean what will it take to get Tofuline back?
The waffles made me do it.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:09 am

Kiruri wrote:Hurrah on being assholes. Enjoy your hollow victory ;)

*** Warned for flaming ***

Edward Elric
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Edward Elric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 am

Orgasmic Waffles wrote:What do you guys want? I mean what will it take to get Tofuline back?

Basicly you cant take it back unless something horrible happends to the founder of it :p

also gongrats for refounding the region, nice work!

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks

Orgasmic Waffles wrote:What do you guys want? I mean what will it take to get Tofuline back?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 am

I'm for *not* giving it back. I think it's outright wrong to make y'all jump through hoops to get it back, and I'd say that crosses the line of acceptable behavior. I'm not saying keeping it is "good" per se, I'm saying it's better than asking you to beg.

So, in honesty, Shadow CTE'ing and forgetting to pass on his puppet passwords, shadow accidnetally letting the founder CTE, or shadow and all pups being DEAted - combined with timely action. LWU showed us in Hogwarts when their refound founder died by accident that raiders can just reofund again.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Orgasmic Waffles
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orgasmic Waffles » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 am

The Assassin ShadowX wrote:

Thanks

Nice gif use.
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

I'm for *not* giving it back. I think it's outright wrong to make y'all jump through hoops to get it back, and I'd say that crosses the line of acceptable behavior. I'm not saying keeping it is "good" per se, I'm saying it's better than asking you to beg.

So, in honesty, Shadow CTE'ing and forgetting to pass on his puppet passwords, shadow accidnetally letting the founder CTE, or shadow and all pups being DEAted - combined with timely action. LWU showed us in Hogwarts when their refound founder died by accident that raiders can just reofund again.

I'm not begging. I'm asking what will it take for Tofuline to be opened. I'm assuming that there must be something relating to Sicarius in the Factbook.
The waffles made me do it.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 am

Such a dishonorable tactic was used, with a misleading and deceptive thread title- and then you act like nothing is wrong and that you are acting with honor, EWS?

I would never attempt to intercept a region's refound, whether they be native or TBR or Sicarian; I don't care who it is, I would never attempt something such as that. Same with CoF's use of destroying regions by gaining access to the founder puppet; I'd never do that either. Just because you have the power to do something doesn't mean you have to exercise that power.

Use honorable tactics. If you can't use the WA endorsement system to destroy or intercept a region, don't use the tactic at all. This is nothing to gloat about, and you have won no battle. In fact, the more your region gloats, the more it becomes hated and damages your PR, which, as I understand, is the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve with this.

All this just to get a pat on the back from your TBR overlords and to impress a few infamous Raiders. And don't tell me it was some "training exercise" or crap like that. I have lost the little respect I had left for you, EWS.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:22 am

Tofuline's community is better off in a region they control. I think it's safe to assume Sicarius would not allow access to the founder nation or hand off the founder nation to Tofuline's community and thus moving back into Tofuline would be problematic.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:37 am

Crazy girl wrote:

*** Warned for flaming ***

Really? I've browsed through this thread and saw what kind of things raiders get away simply because they are raiders, and that is sanctionable?
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:38 am

Orgasmic Waffles wrote:I'm not begging. I'm asking what will it take for Tofuline to be opened. I'm assuming that there must be something relating to Sicarius in the Factbook.

I, personally, may have *considered* such a deal, but in the end it's not mine. Spa beat me to infiltration, and Shadow got the refound. Note I'm not in the raid report. And I doubt he's giving it back...

Nephmir wrote:Such a dishonorable tactic was used, with a misleading and deceptive thread title- and then you act like nothing is wrong and that you are acting with honor, EWS?

I would never attempt to intercept a region's refound, whether they be native or TBR or Sicarian; I don't care who it is, I would never attempt something such as that. Same with CoF's use of destroying regions by gaining access to the founder puppet; I'd never do that either. Just because you have the power to do something doesn't mean you have to exercise that power.

Use honorable tactics. If you can't use the WA endorsement system to destroy or intercept a region, don't use the tactic at all. This is nothing to gloat about, and you have won no battle. In fact, the more your region gloats, the more it becomes hated and damages your PR, which, as I understand, is the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve with this.

All this just to get a pat on the back from your TBR overlords and to impress a few infamous Raiders. And don't tell me it was some "training exercise" or crap like that. I have lost the little respect I had left for you, EWS.

What's misleading? It says the fact - it was refounded - after .... get this.... the name of a raider region.

I'm fairly sure I've said before, I have no doubt that what we do is considered "wrong" "dishonorable" etc. I will still stand though on my principle of giving natives at least some level of respect. At the end of the day, we're all people behind keyboards.

That's your own prerogative. People have been hawking refounds since before I joined the site. I didn't even do this one, mate.

We could have jumped in and taken delegacy a few seconds earlier if we wished. We had the password. We would have refounded it in a week or two. Would that have satisfied you? As it turns out though, shadow was the only one on at the exact time, so he went for option B - when there is only one available, and therefore you could not become delegate, just take the refound then and there. So then would you say this requires a full operation to be kosher? Why? We saved ourselves a month or two of trouble by letting them do the footwork while our infiltrator sat in wait.

People can hate us all they want. If we wanted good RP for the whole of nationstates, we'd be defenders. Those who matter support it.

"TBR overlords?" I tag with them sometimes, just as Cora and Bob have been known to join us for tags. Most raider share resources, Neph. Part of why I left. And doing things which make an impact earns recognition in the fields we care about - the fields that can give us support one day if we need it.

It was no training exercise, that's tags ;) It was just a really long shot that worked better than we thought it would.

Sorry to hear that.

Nierr wrote:Tofuline's community is better off in a region they control. I think it's safe to assume Sicarius would not allow access to the founder nation or hand off the founder nation to Tofuline's community and thus moving back into Tofuline would be problematic.

Agreed. THe conditions of such an agreement would theoretically probably involve,yes, requiring a not (like you see time to time... "THis region is under the control of/a satellite of X") and some way of us ensuring we have executive access. If natives had founder access, they could change the password. maybe there'd be an executive delegacy allowed after a while. No matter what, it'd be a shadow. A husk. They're better off where they are.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:40 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Crazy girl wrote:*** Warned for flaming ***

Really? I've browsed through this thread and saw what kind of things raiders get away simply because they are raiders, and that is sanctionable?

Hurd, one does not call another player an asshole. Nor a group of players. This is a mistake the non-GP people keep making, and then they act like they're the only ones getting called out. Obvious flaming is obvious. Not so obvious and 'the usual celebratory chest-thumping' is ... under discussion. Don't cross lines, and y'all won't get tapped. Pretty goram simple.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Hurd, one does not call another player an asshole. Nor a group of players. This is a mistake the non-GP people keep making, and then they act like they're the only ones getting called out. Obvious flaming is obvious. Not so obvious and 'the usual celebratory chest-thumping' is ... under discussion. Don't cross lines, and y'all won't get tapped. Pretty goram simple.

In this discussion, I hope (and expect) you're covering tone of raid reports. Many of ours (especially mine :P) are written in theme. We usually use a medieval one. Wetwork began Ixnay with a space-age invasion, a theme which was continued in the raid report. It's almost a type of RP'ing, but based on Gameplay events. Also on this path is what I'm personally doing in Ixnay, on my own time, under no orders - RP'ing the ejection of every native as a sort of Obituary. Rp'ing a gameplay event.

---------

As another point, we raiders have few areas where we can have any moral "high ground." Hence why at least a chunk of us are careful to toe the line and pride ourselves in remaining Cool, Calm, and Collected here. So long as we remain logical and don't fall to the level we are attacked at, we insure *our* personal safety. At the same time, not all feel the need to report every potentially actionable thing here.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:05 pm

@EWS: Exactly. When we speak generally about 'natives' and how we 'Crash' them and Making 'WA-kills', when 'Pitiful Fendas' and 'Moderate traitors' doesn't bother even Defend anymore... Main function of such speak is that its widely known and utilized linguistic convention within R/D gameplay and nobody familiar to Gameplay took that personally. It is also method for us (raiders) to determine whom are those 'natives', 'fendas', 'raiders' and so on.

It is easy when we hear we are 'bullies', 'arseholes', Self-Fellates' etc. after speaking our normal language on general level about reality of Gameplay.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Crazy girl wrote:*** Warned for flaming ***

Meh, it doesn't matter. Have you seen Galla's sig? :p

Anyway.. just out of curiosity, why was Sicarius interested in Tofuline?
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:Really? I've browsed through this thread and saw what kind of things raiders get away simply because they are raiders, and that is sanctionable?

Hurd, one does not call another player an asshole. Nor a group of players. This is a mistake the non-GP people keep making, and then they act like they're the only ones getting called out. Obvious flaming is obvious. Not so obvious and 'the usual celebratory chest-thumping' is ... under discussion. Don't cross lines, and y'all won't get tapped. Pretty goram simple.

So it's a work in progress, then. Still it very much looks like some NationStates members get away with behaviour that would normally be sanctioned without a second thought simply because they are raiders. That is not as it should be. That is not as it should be at all.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Because it was a big name that suddenly and unexpectedly became a target (lost it's founder).

------------

Even if post-raid behavior is held to higher standards (i.e. no gloating, with gloating defined), it won;t change the fact somewhere got raided.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Because it was a big name that suddenly and unexpectedly became a target (lost it's founder).

------------

Even if post-raid behavior is held to higher standards (i.e. no gloating, with gloating defined), it won;t change the fact somewhere got raided.

Yes. Something like this: Three valiant Guys from Sicarius' made picnic to a What Ever Region, where they diplomatically elected one of them to Executive Delegate and after that gently helped so many natives to find their way to The Rejected Realms where Nice Uncle Unibot III friendly welcomed these newcomers to the ever growing Club of Rejectees... :p
Last edited by Coraxion on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay