NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:40 am

Good job :)
Mekhet of The Black Hawks.

I only represent Mek.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 am

Black Mekhet wrote:Good job :)

Many thanks!
This was more of a 'we're not dead' kinda raid to prove, that although we.aren't tagging, we're still up to something!
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Black Mekhet wrote:Good job :)

Expect more of these over the coming months, when none of our schedules call for tagging.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Organizational Update!

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

In light of recent press releases by other organizations, Sicarius would like to clarify their internal military hierarchy for the rest of GP. All residents are citizens, with no class distinctions. Firstly, I will post the complex diagram of our chain of command, divisions, sub-divisions, leagues of legend, guilds, working groups, classes, buddy systems, tours, reserves, and clans of the Order of the Sicarii...and then explain it.

Novices/Reservist -> *Trials of Blood and Fire* -> Initiates -> *Hooding Ceremony* -> Assassins -> *Thirteen Oaths* -> Dominus Sicarii -> Dominus Imperator

Yes, You're supposed the read that linearly from left to right. Try not to get lost in the circular patterns (like that one poor Novice we never heard from again) or go down a dead-end career path. Wait, what that? There are none? It's a simple line? You're...you're breaking up, let me get on with the explanation. You see, anyone who expresses an interest in doing more than roleplays, government, or chatting becomes a Novice. There's are what some would call pilers, your basic military service requiring no training or experience. Some have no desire to advance from here, and that's fine. Back when we had one, we called him a Reservist. If they show any interest in further training, they become an Initiate the moment they've read the guidebook, completed an update, and expressed a desire to do it again some time. The Trials of Blood and Fire are literally just their first update. At that point, you're expected to attend a few more updates. Once we can count on you to have the required number of puppets, a decent understanding of updating, mostly reliable jumping, and have taken a few points, we'll preform the Hooding Ceremony....and boom, you're an Assassin! A few Everyone to date has survived. Assassins, therefore, are our certified updating troops! They span all the way from the fresh blood, to old hands we above ranks can trust to lead tags runs and direct the young'ns. Often, a Veteran Assassin is taken under the wing of a particular Dominus Sicarii, and trained in their skillset. Speaking, we move on to the Dominus Sicarii! These are the upper members of the region, those who plan and lead. Once numbered three, two now remain at the moment after the untimely loss of their brother in arms. Few are admitted to these ranks, and to be so gifted in a great honor. As you'd expect, those under the wing of each member are most likely to take the seat upon the loss of a member. Each one has a particular specially - the loss of our Master of Tagging Plans (as just one of his many skills, for he did much more, that's much more secret) has led to our recent decline in that activity - and each has the ear of the Founder, a level of executive decision-making, and the unique ability to question the decisions of the founder among his/her peers and the Founder alone, behind closed doors. Members of the Dominus Sicarii must swear to the Thirteen Oaths upon their eternal souls. The Dominus Imperator, Valrifell, is the founder and leader of our Order. He had final executive power of decision in all processes, responsibilities of region upkeep, embassy-accepting, and some diplomacy on top of his Assassinly duties. Yes, he too still works in the night, and walks among us. This Is the only position that it's unlikely anyone will rise to. The only class remaining is the unlisted Retired Assassins, of which we have but one, who is rumored to lurk in the catacombs, striking occasionally, and available for advice on rare occasions, if you can find him. He also stops by now and then to say hi.

TL;DR - What you'd expect as a reasonable person from reading that chart.

Oh, and of course our Honorary Assassin, Venico.

That's it folks! Our entire Order! No boxes, divisions, Leagues, legendary animals, or anything else. Just a linear path of progression, some dusty secret rooms, and a few sacrifices to Raideron. Armed, dangerous, sneaky, and open to everyone, regardless of experience!

This has been a piece of both information and satire by Ever-Wandering Souls, Director of the Sicarius News Network

Long Live Raideron! Long Live Sicarius! Long Live Raideron!
Last edited by Sicarius News Bot on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Nice. Hopefully this leads to increased military effectiveness for Sicarius. :)
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Nice. Hopefully this leads to increased military effectiveness for Sicarius. :)

Hopefully Sicarius will form Semi-independent Division within TBR Command Structure.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Nice. Hopefully this leads to increased military effectiveness for Sicarius. :)

Yeah well, until recruitment goes up, nothing will change in terms of updates.
Though an occupation is coming in the months, I suspect December-ish

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Oh, it's always been this way, It was just never really defined publicly, and I wanted to parody Neph :P

Coraxion wrote:

Hopefully Sicarius will form Semi-independent Division within TBR Command Structure.

You keep using that term, with AoI too. What do you mean? You want to contract you sleepers out to us? :P What benefits does this have over just being friends? Why should we sacrifice autonomy?
Valrifell wrote:

Yeah well, until recruitment goes up, nothing will change in terms of updates.
Though an occupation is coming in the months, I suspect December-ish

Shhh :P Several ops are in the works. As an infiltration-focus region, we have to...well, infiltrate. Cue several months of low public activity while we do so. THen, we can start rolling out some rewards ;) - and planting new seeds as ones come to fruit, leading to a future chain of back-to-back operations.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Black Riding Hood
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Riding Hood » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

@EWS: The Raider Unity just raided passworded Islam for You. Operation Cena II was Successful.

Major Events

11 minutes ago: The Commonwealth of Westerly Winds elected WA Delegate (ending The Sultanate of United Alab Emirates's reign after 581 days).

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:41 pm

JOHN CENA vs. FENDAS - Major Update, November 2nd, 2014
Occupation of Islam by The Raider Unity

The Confirmed Kills for Ever-Wandering Souls of Sicarius

Islamic Ogre Ally (Fenda WA-Kill)
North Durango (Fenda WA-Kill)
Christmas Light Makers (Fenda WA-Kill)
Binomial Nomenclature (Fenda WA-Kill)
Dead I Jack (Fenda WA-Kill)
Temporarily Disabled (Fenda WA-Kill)
Winterthrone (Fenda WA-Kill)
LostSole (Fenda WA-Kill)
Garrulity (Fenda WA-Kill)
Just Like Buddy Holly (Fenda WA-Kill)
Atlantic Reavers (Fenda WA-Kill)
Gumperson (Fenda WA-Kill)
Nazis (Fenda WA-Kill)
Tzahi (Fenda WA-Kill)
Knight of Cydonia (Fenda WA-Kill)
Oan Mkoll (Fenda WA-Kill)
Elu (Fenda WA-Kill)
Bob Hawke (Fenda Kill)
Rachel Morgan (Fenda WA-Kill)
Featherdale (Fenda WA-Kill)
Humans and Youkai (Fenda WA-Kill)
HMS Invisible (Fenda WA-Kill)
Torches (Fenda WA-Kill)
Zora Falls (Fenda WA-Kill)
Goldsaver (Fenda WA-Kill)
Mysterious Voice (Fenda WA-Kill)
Eufrenco (Fenda WA-Kill)
Duxaer (Fenda WA-Kill)

Shrek Republicans (Fenda Kill)
Bob Hawke (Fenda Kill)

The Republic Of Islam (Native WA-Kill)
Boergandina (WA-Kill)

With Love From Cimmeria
Cora II
Raider Merc, Secretary

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8427424
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:48 pm

YAAAAY! *helped a little* reinforcement at update!

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:25 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

On November 1st, 2014, several assassins, riders, hawks, and hitmen launched a mighty and noble crusade on what was once called a 'secure' region. The region of Islam. What did they hope to accomplish, you may (or may not) ask? To help John Cena hold his title as WWE SUPERSLAM CHAMPION OF COURSE! WHEN THE NATIVES AWOKE FROM THEIR SLEEP IT WAS TIME TO GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBBBLEEEEEEE! NATIVES AND DEFENDERS TRY TO MOUNT AN ASSAULT AGAINST CENA BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS?! CENA HAS LIFTED THE JUDGE'S TABLE AND USING IT IN THE RING! OH! CENA SLAMS A 'FENDA IN THE FACE AND HE GOES DOOOWWWWNNNN! THE NATIVES ARE ENDORSING A NEW DELEGATE BUT CENA SLAMs THEM ALL WITH AN OVERSIZED BAN HAMMER! THE CROWD GOES CRAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYY! CENA WINS THIS UPDATE MATCH BY TWO T.K.O.s!

WHAT'S THIS? CENA STEPS OUT OF THE RING TO DO SOME ATHLETIC STUFF BUT A NEW CHALLENGER ENTERS THE RING! Hold on, is that Freddie Mercury?! Wait, he appears to be singing! What is happening! Defenders and Natives seem to now want to go ride bikes and are questioning if this is the real life or just fantasy! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING! But you should probably pay money to see it!
Last edited by Sicarius News Bot on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:58 pm

God has called us to defend our homeland, to kill the none believers and those who wish to harm us and conquer our people, history has proven god and gods people will prevail no matter how long it takes we will prevail! Stand up and unite for soon we will take back our homeland!
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Like police RP's, or new to omniverse join us here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281098

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Hopefully 'God founder player' will revive again and come safe your home land.

The initiating the Invasion of Islam has no religious connotations related to it other that it was game-mechanically good and propagandistically even better target for the Raider Invasion. The Power of Raideron Almighty, the one and only raiding God can be easily nullified by keeping Founder alive and with few mouse clicks... Only God of the region is founder, as long as he/she doesn't break the rules, in which case higher Gods could make 'Divine Intervention' from the Moderation heaven.

Take easy. Native!
Last edited by Cora II on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Sagrie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sagrie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:22 pm

There is only one true god, Allah. I know not what your are talking of. No region founder is a god. Allah will guide us to destroy you for you are thee enemy of gods people making you thee enemy of god. We shall conquer and destroy you.
Pro-Conservative
Pro-Capitalism
Pro-Republican

Like police RP's, or new to omniverse join us here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281098

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Cora II wrote:Hopefully 'God founder player' will revive again and come safe your home land.

Sigh, the players in this game once again have no interest and appreciation of history. :P

The founder of Islam is "Oh my days" from Nazi Europe and that achieved by an elaborate trick on 10K Islands and a misleading liberation resolution that allowed him to refound the region. And was much more skillful to achieve than what passes for the usual gameplay, if you are amoral about it.

AMOM wrote a pretty thorough expose on it: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=168776
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Let's then wait what happens. Founder player from NE is just as equal as a founder then anyone else what comes to ability resurrect puppets.

I missed that piece of History I must admit.

"Cut them down!"

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Sicarius News Bot wrote:Invasion sin Islam!

On November 1st, 2014 assassins, riders, hawks, and hitmen alike entered the what was once called a 'secure' region. The region of Islam. When the natives awoke from their slumber, they were shocked to see a brand new democractically elected WA Delegate!
This raid is a true demonstration of Raider Unity as nations from all over the raider world swarmed in to assist Sicarius in their operation.
But it seems natives and defenders alike have not been pleased with this heartwarming display of affection between raiders as they have already tried to liberate the region two times. In the span of two updates 36 defenders have been banned.

Gawd,
Sap, why didn't you wait for Souls or me to write this :P I would expand on it with Newsie but, hey, I"m me.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Id love to see how many pilers have come from where :)

Can we get a report on that?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Rifty wrote:Id love to see how many pilers have come from where :)

If you're implying what I suspect you're implying, that's mean.
If you were looking for recognition, you already got the WFE title, many update regions didn't even get named in the report.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:Id love to see how many pilers have come from where :)

If you were looking for recognition, you already got the WFE title, many update regions didn't even get named in the report.

No that's not what i mean - I'm not after recognition

I want to see like a pie graph of WAs and where they are from; Just like in that occupation about a week back :)
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Rifty wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

No that's not what i mean - I'm not after recognition

I want to see like a pie graph of WAs and where they are from; Just like in that occupation about a week back :)

Oh, alright swell.

I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:No that's not what i mean - I'm not after recognition

Oh, alright swell.

If you give me the stats of where and how many - Than i can do it now
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Rifty wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Oh, alright swell.

If you give me the stats of where and how many - Than i can do it now

^I like this guy. I think I will go become general of his region's military, dammit already did that.
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Val- You had three days to do it. Since you didn't I took it upon myself to do so.

Rifty- We aren't TRT. Do it yourself.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay